AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-04, 11:34   Link #1001
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
Tears of blood comes to mind for me.
but I forget what that means :/

to be fair the second to last picture(in the spoiler) makes me thing it was accident of some sort.

either way I know there ain't no happy ending she's already dead. :'(
Well, there have been a few odd cases where people actually cried tears of blood. Jesus also supposedly cried blood.

I believe 血泪 means 'tears of blood' in Chinese, which is also a symbol for extreme suffering.

The page TV Tropes has on this subject is quite interesting:

Quote:
Flavour one is designed to freak them out, and is usually a sign that the person has been infected by some horrible virus, or is being killed by weird supernatural means. Eye trauma is one of the easiest ways to gross people out, and this method has the added advantage that the person can be "cured" without having lost their vision permanently. Alternatively, it signifies that the "weeping" person is in some way inhuman - or at the very least a candidate for super villainy and somewhat demonic entities and characters.

Flavour two, meanwhile, is used to signify someone's death in a poetic and possibly even "beautiful" way, especially if the character is a tragic villain. This is far less common, and the aim is not necessarily to freak out the audience but to add a layer of sadness to a death scene. Mopey vampires are particularly fond of this flavour. The undercurrent to this kind of bloody tears is that the person doing the crying is in some fundamental way (be it biologically or emotionally) incapable of doing so through normal means- but is so overcome with emotion that they are doing so anyway.
I still think it was an artistic flair. But eh, due to how her eyes were bandaged, I suppose she may've been stabbed in the eyes, and hence the blood.

So? There's still hope that the series will have a happy ending. I loathe tragedy that separates lovers with every fiber of my being, so it's quite natural for me to want a good ending. It is fiction, after all; and anything is possible in fiction. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say I was very surprised by the ending of one anime, because I had come to accept the fact there was no way it could happen. But it happened regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I believe I worded it wrongly. I meant to say that if one were to call Shadow Yuuko evil or bitch then Light Yuuko is just as much so. But thinking about it, the word that suits Light Yuuko best when it comes to Shadow Yuuko is selfish.
Ah, right. And yep, I agree wholeheartedly.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 12:06   Link #1002
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Yuuko sure was persistant and kinda annoying with love outbursts.
On the other hand it was pretty sweet.
Okonogi always has such bad timing.
It was about time they started investigating Yuuko's past.
Bad Yuuko sure is scary and kinda reminded me of black rock shooter.
So her bad side finally made an introduction.
Please don't call her Bad Yuuko...she really isn't.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 12:25   Link #1003
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 09

Ooh yeah, a great episode with some serious plot development. It's a shame this anime ends in 3 more episodes as it's just getting serious. Yuuko with her emotions is so much more attractive now.

I look am eager to watch the next episode as we finally relive our heroine's previous tragic life.

Yuuko's seiyu Yumi Hara is doing an awsome job playing both the light and shadow. Shadow Yuuko's voice is haunting and bitter truly fitting for a being composed mostly of negative emotions.

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2012-06-04 at 13:01.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 12:53   Link #1004
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a pretty good episode. Now we'll finally find out Yuuko's past next episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 13:21   Link #1005
EroKing

Freebies.

Old 2012-06-04, 14:00   Link #1006
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Freebies.

You are my favorite person...I wont use them...but just displaying them along with your avy and siggy makes you...my favorite person.
Old 2012-06-04, 14:11   Link #1007
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Yuuko was indeed a sacrifice for something. Makes sense that she can't leave the school grounds, but she at least makes to the front gate every day. I know it was for effect, but still. So Teichi will learn the truth about Yuuko's past now.
Old 2012-06-04, 17:16   Link #1008
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Please don't call her Bad Yuuko...she really isn't.
In the Japanese, she is called "Shadow Yuuko." That sounds good to me. I look forward to when Yuuko becomes whole again, as I guess she was in the bright little glimpse we had at the end of the episode. Here's hoping we go straight into the flashback next week.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 22:33   Link #1009
ellessarr
Banned

well now i gona point some of the differences from manga to anime who i see:

BECAREFULL SOME SPOILS HERE AND A WALL TEXT:

Spoiler:

in general manga have much more schools mysteries than anime, i liked the anime but the manga is far better.

ps: sorry for few bad english ^^(i'm trying to improve it )
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 23:22   Link #1010
Magnum Bookworm
The Bookworm

To me, this is my favorite anime of this season. Funny, horrific, and mysterious.

Next weeks flashback will be great, I think.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:23   Link #1011
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
IIRC... her pantsu was still on her skeleton. Should rule out rape.
She or Shadow Yuuko called herself "dirty" in the CR translation. That's a slam dunk so to speak for a being a rape victim. Flashbacks of a group of men, her chained up, blindfolded and undressed. Those are huge hints there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Sephiroth View Post
I don't think it was rape.

We can see bend and blood from eyes.

I think more to a sacrifice...that is more "in topic" with the anime plot
If you're punched in the face repeatedly for resisting, you'll prob bleed from your eyes. Facial lacerations bleed too.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:56   Link #1012
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Shadow Yuuko called herself "dirty" in the CR translation.
Shadow Yuuko called herself dirty in comparison to regular Yuuko who is completely clean, clean because she doesn't have negative feelings to sullied her, it has absolutely nothing to do with a physical condition. This also happens in the manga, so is as cannon as it is.

People need to drop this this obsession with rape. It's really not that frequent in tv, most studios don't have the guts to even speak of it
Old 2012-06-05, 06:48   Link #1013
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
...People need to drop this this obsession with rape. It's really not that frequent in tv, most studios don't have the guts to even speak of it
Spoiler for example of rape in anime this year - studio mentioned but the anime:
I haven't read the manga, and, to me, rape does not seem all that unlikely a plot device here, as well.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 07:22   Link #1014
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh god, this talk about Yuuko-san being raped is stirring quite a storm over at Yotsuba.
It's not like I'm white-knighting for Yuuko, it's just that rape is too overused a plot device for this kind of story which involves a girl who wants to forget everything about her.

Couldn't it be something simpler than being sacrificed for something that doesn't exist to begin with?

Also,
Spoiler for that anime series:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 08:06   Link #1015
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Am i the only one who found Okonogi noisier this episode ? At the beginning i appreciated her but now she's annoying...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 09:03   Link #1016
Gohan78
Awakened One

So, I guess that everything that Yuuko touches becomes invisible, otherwise Momoe should have freaked out seeing the floating chopsticks, right?

I have to say that I am in the minority here who dislikes Yuuko. She is extremely possessive of Teiichi, to the point of slapping Kirie and pulling pranks on poor Momoe (writing on her forehead, throwing away her chopsticks, etc.) who can't even see her.
She is also very clingy and doesn't respect Teiichi's personal space at all. In this episode alone we see her pestering Teiichi to say that he loves her at the school gate, then again in class during a test. Doesn't she realize that to normal people he would look like a fool who talks to himself?

Well, I just hope that this show won't pull a deus-ex-machina ending where Yuuko is magically resurrected.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 09:08   Link #1017
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
So, I guess that everything that Yuuko touches becomes invisible, otherwise Momoe should have freaked out seeing the floating chopsticks, right?
People forget that the way people see Yuuko is all about perception it's the same with her clothes. In the manga there's a good example where Yuuko would stand in line at school medical exams and have her measurements taken like any other because she's in a crowed, people would see her as just another classmate. It's like when you take a walk in the street, you know someone is going past you but you don't usually take notice of them.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:25   Link #1018
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Ahh, but the guys in the gym saw the floating basketball a few episodes ago.

Endless "Too lazy for a nickname today" Soul
Old 2012-06-05, 09:55   Link #1019
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
At what point is she able to see them and the piece of omlette? As soon as they get knocked out of Yuuko's hand? Wouldn't she wonder where they came from; how they appeared out of nowhere? This invisibility aspect of the story is just too ridiculous to be believable.

Quote:
I have to say that I am in the minority here who dislikes Yuuko. She is extremely possessive of Teiichi, to the point of slapping Kirie and pulling pranks on poor Momoe (writing on her forehead, throwing away her chopsticks, etc.) who can't even see her.
She is also very clingy and doesn't respect Teiichi's personal space at all. In this episode alone we see her pestering Teiichi to say that he loves her at the school gate, then again in class during a test. Doesn't she realize that to normal people he would look like a fool who talks to himself?
You are not alone. Frankly, I can't stand her character, either. She's a spoiled, inconsiderate, selfish, snotty brat that has no regard for other people. Actually, I like her dark side much better.

Quote:
Well, I just hope that this show won't pull a deus-ex-machina ending where Yuuko is magically resurrected.
Frankly, I hope Teiichi gets stuck with Yuuko, and that she makes his life a living hell for all eternity. As a person, he's not much better (if at all) than her. She abuses his club-mates to no end, and he has nothing but praise for her. She shoves him down a flight of stairs, breaking his leg, and he seems to accept it as an act of love. Both of them are pretty pathetic as human beings. They deserve each other. Kirie and Momoe oughta feel lucky that they've escaped the noose of being his girlfriend.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 10:03   Link #1020
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's not like I'm white-knighting for Yuuko, it's just that rape is too overused a plot device for this kind of story which involves a girl who wants to forget everything about her.
QTF. It is a horrible thing, yes, but it's also one of the easiest ways to raise sympathy for a character; most of the time it just feels like a cop-out. And that's precisely why I hope that Yuuko wasn't raped before she was left to die. And even if that turns out to be the case, I won't be disappointed or sad, but angry; so very angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Frankly, I hope Teiichi gets stuck with Yuuko, and that she makes his life a living hell for all eternity. As a person, he's not much better (if at all) than her. She abuses his club-mates to no end, and he has nothing but praise for her. She shoves him down a flight of stairs, breaking his leg, and he seems to accept it as an act of love. Both of them are pretty pathetic as human beings. They deserve each other. Kirie and Momoe oughta feel lucky that they've escaped the noose of being his girlfriend.
Oh, wow. You're one funny guy.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural