AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-16, 09:24   Link #3961
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Kira was a talented programmer before he became a pilot. it's actually one of the reasons why he became a good pilot so fast.

As far as we know Seed doesn't give you super powers. It's not like the UC Newtype ability, if that's what you are comparing it to.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-08-16 at 12:03. Reason: typo
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 10:09   Link #3962
Zeydra
A random passerby

I've actually yet to see any Gundam series made before SEED (and haven't seen much of Unicorn either, mostly because of wanting to see the early UC series and Char's Counter Attack first) so I'm not all that familiar with Newtypes. I was just under the impression that SEED Mode seemed to increase not only reflexes, but brain power as well since it seems like a state that maximises someone's potential, so that would mean everything about whoever goes SEED is in overdrive.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 11:20   Link #3963
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Kira's SEED never activated during any of his reprogramming scenes in the first show, as far as I can remember.
Old 2012-08-16, 11:50   Link #3964
Zeydra
A random passerby

Indeed you're right, my mistake. Rewatched the episode and he doesn't go SEED Mode until the Archangel is about to be hit by the enemy canons, then blocks the shots with his own shots.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 11:57   Link #3965
monster

The more I think about it, I think the SEED state has more to do with the state of mind than anything else.

In Kira's case, the reflex and everything else has more to do with being a coordinator, his knowledge and experience, and adrenaline. Being in SEED just sets his mind to better utilize his body's ability.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 13:13   Link #3966
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
In order to get there, Rau would have to be taken out of his mobile suit. If Mu can't beat Rau in Strike, I don't see how Cagalli can help in Strike Rouge. She's definitely not piloting Freedom.
It's not like it's logically impossible. Maybe Mu finally manages to briefly one up him. Maybe Cagalli goes into Seed mode and managed to tip the balance just enough. There's numerous ways to get round something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
@HAAK: If you really thought that Cagalli is Kira and Athrun's equal
I didn't. Like I said when I was talking about Cagalli filling out Kira's role, I really just meant the gunfight scene between Mu and Creuset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
To add more insight, playing strategy on Trio Gundams while Athrun only have either Freedom or Justice will be very difficult. One tiny factor is that it will be three against one where each of those Gundams have equal power & arsenal. Remember that Archangel & co is not Ptolemaios. It doesn’t have a talented battle-strategist like Lisa Kujoh in it, while the Dominion does have a gifted strategist: Natarle Badgiruel.

At least It’ll be very difficult for Strike & Buster to keep up since those two are outdated models compared to Trio Gundams (even if it's just by months). The Trio Gundams have Trans-Phase armor rather than just Phase-Shift armor plus the arsenal of each one of them are OP-level. Only Freedom, Justice, and Providence can go against them 1-on-1 imho. Calamity is taken down by a combination attack from Justice & Freedom with M.E.T.E.OR. Duel has to sacrifice all its Shroud & weapons (except beam sabers) just to surprise-attack Forbidden (and it works!). Duel (again) has to work together with Buster just to take down Raider (plus Raider’s pilot own recklessness due to him running out of drugs). All in all, you gotta admit that Yzak Joule is one badass pilot. He’s able to finish off two of Trio Gundams with an outdated (by months) MS .
Again, none of this seems like anything that can't be get round if some thought and strategy is simply put into it.

I mean hell if Kira and Mu can fight against 5 Gundams at the start then I don't see why Athrun, Mu and Dearka can hold off the Trio Gundams. It's not like they have to win. They just have to hold them off until the pilots start spazing out. I don't think the gap is too large to be filled with strategy. And even if it is, they could just make it so that more Strike Rouge pilots are able to help out.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 13:17   Link #3967
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Five Gundams? When did they fight five Gundams? There were only five Gundams between the two factions to begin with. And on occasion there were less than four of Rau's team present.
Old 2012-08-16, 13:19   Link #3968
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I meant four Gundams: Athrun, Dearka, Yzark and that loser that gets killed first.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 13:22   Link #3969
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I meant four Gundams: Athrun, Dearka, Yzark and that loser that gets killed first.
Well even then I wouldn't really consider it as "fighting" four Gundams. It was more like holding them off and then running until they could get the civilian refugees off the ship and resupplied at a proper base. If I'm remembering my SEED correctly (which admittedly I might not be), it wasn't really until Yzak shot down that refugee ship that they started to "fight" them.
Old 2012-08-16, 13:30   Link #3970
monster

Rau is a better and more experienced pilot than Athrun, Dearka, Yzak, and Nichol at the beginning of SEED. He's also piloting a newer mobile suit than the Strike.
Old 2012-08-16, 13:50   Link #3971
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That loser's name was Nicol. He was 16 and loved the piano!
Old 2012-08-16, 16:48   Link #3972
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
you know, just because Lacus was never trained to be a pilot doesn't mean she couldn't become a killing-machine. For all we know she has the potential to be just as good as Athrun or Kira.

my guess is the stress of battle and the adrenaline rush, on top of the debate she was having with herself triggered her seed mode.
Hell no. That Mary Sue does enough, making her anywhere near as skilled as Athrun, Kira, or Shinn will be too much. Especially after Cagalli's skills took a dip in Destiny.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 18:47   Link #3973
Gundamx

None of them will live in Destiny without Kira also Athrun = melee ( yeah he can use gun but he have 100 skill at melee).

Don't to mention that he is still even know = so killing him = total fan rage.

Also it's action enemy > you want to see strong fight like kira vs Athrun or draggie not some people trying to waste time to win with timeout...

Finally even if they killed him he will come back stronger like Phoenix. (Did they add saiyan jin DNA to him too...?)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 20:12   Link #3974
monster

Is there an episode today?
Old 2012-08-16, 21:44   Link #3975
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

pretty much, yes.
Old 2012-08-16, 22:11   Link #3976
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZLTL...&feature=g-u-u

Here it is.
Old 2012-08-16, 22:14   Link #3977
monster

Thanks for the link.
Old 2012-08-16, 22:41   Link #3978
monster

I wish they had made an Evolve episode out of Strike vs Freedom.
Old 2012-08-16, 23:09   Link #3979
Meltyred

I keep thinking we will see perfect strike...
Ugh...
the new eyecatch - -
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 23:43   Link #3980
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Now that I've seen the new flashbacks in HD, does the scene where Strike chopped off Aegis' head look like the scene where Freedom chopped of Impulse's head?
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep