AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-15, 14:38   Link #21
desrtsku
Nympholept

Oh, there's an actual thread of this one in here. I was looking for a place to convey my feelings.
Old 2013-03-15, 21:24   Link #22
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I was like,

And then I was like,

Chibinami <3
Old 2013-03-17, 14:53   Link #23
B2-Lancer

Don't know what to think here. A fluke drug intake? Almost feels like another cheapie "Kannagi" arc escape tactic from no fresh ideas. I mean if we want to be racy it could work, like Oguri (or even Yuika) being REALLY into lolis, or, depending on how old Chinami is now, anticipate her new "kiddie crush" on Oguri, but I doubt the writer is THAT bold. IMO, chances are the pills are so cheap they're very temporary, or if it takes too long Oguri will trot loli Chinami out as whose own talented kid sister making her debut in place of Chinami who is away on a long vacation. Can't take too long returning adult or else you HAVE to switch into overtones of loli romance to keep the story going. If Chinami is REALLY young (8, 9??), there might be no female hormone urges which might make her "unisex" enough upstairs to maybe pass for a boy to feel a little more normal again. So who's going adopt her in the meanwhile?

I'm still trying to figure out what gave Chinami that sudden boost of courage to just think of downing the pills -- on a rebound from being rescued by Yuika? That's enough to nearly wipe out all these hangs over Oguri? I dunno. I mean Chinami would also be taking a big chance that the pills would kill his Oguri feelings from carrying over his transformation back a guy -- if Oguri wasn't the macho type. Myself, by this time Chinami's affections for Yuika would be more rightly lesbian than manly -- the brain wiring is a big compeller, and like Chinami said I think her thing for Oguri was really more a hormone rush than the real thing -- that was going unrequited. But gee, picking out a jar of medicine or anything just by looks? Doesn't anyone read labels anymore? The appearance of the new pills begs the question of whether Chinami lives in a "magic normal" universe. If anyone said they had pills that can completely and instantly transform one's sex or age the eager world would be crashing down on them in a heartbeat and science would have a stroke, so that there's such powerful magic readily available even on eBay or a storefront makes me wonder that magic's "common" there and whether Chinami could've fixed her problem long ago by just looking around more. It's kind of like that situation posed in "Happiness!", with uber-trap Jun going to a school brimming over with magic users who she could've asked anytime to turn him/her into a real her. (Maybe such is again the rules or something...)

Why Rin suddenly blows her cover and maybe career like that just because of what Subaru says is puzzling unless it's that time of her month. I mean it seems she hasn't been all that aggressive going after Oguri to start with, and you don't win the object of your love by doing tag teams with your rival. I don't get it. We might be surprised that somehow Aoi is going to wind up with some of Chinami's pills inside him/her -- which would be fun. A trap with a cute chick's bod trying to get back into being a trap again. Familiar? It's time someone else learns Chinami's secret to help keep the story interesting; Yuika would steal the show because she seems too bi and tri to care what form Chinami's in, so bye bye Oguri there. Rin is too spare tire for me, at best an excuse to hitch Oguri with so to block Chinami's longing him. Whether aware or clueless of Chinami's truth, Aoi has everything to gain keeping Chinami female, up to spiking whose drinks with the first "medicine" if he/she ever learned about it to keep Chinami that way. I think that now, briefly, Aoi's the perfect guy on the spot to catch Chinami's new female ego's rebound from an unrequtting Oguri to another guy, which likely wouldn't have happened before because Chinami's male ego was still strong enough to rebuff another guy but still not yet "soft" enough to stick the Yuika lesbian route. Aoi x Chinami (from loli re-set) could only blossom now from a long close friendship. I'm still trying to figure out a name for that.
Old 2013-03-22, 01:01   Link #24
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

This series is ridiculously funny.
As he was taking the pill in the last chapter, I had a feeling something like that would happen; with Rin revealing her true identity, it just seemed like a bad time to change completely back.

Something that I've been pondering for awhile now, (and no, I'm not saying that it should or shouldn't be made into one) if this series were adapted into an anime, who do you think would be a good va for each role?
I think of. . .

Chinami: Inoue Marina.
She's played similar roles, but I think her voice would work for both the male and female versions of the character.

Oguri: Paku Romi or Fukuyama Jun.
Depending on the circumstances, I think that either of the two would be pretty funny to watch.

Yuika: Toyosaki Aki.
I can easily see her playing Yuika, since she's good with roles like this.

Subaru: Kobayashi Yuu.
Reason.

Rin: Saiga Mitsuki.
She can play both male and female roles, but her male voices are incredibly convincing; assuming that the viewer hasn't read the manga in advance, she would be a good choice, because she could easily mislead them.

Though Saiga Mitsuki as Oguri, and Paku Romi as Rin would probably work just as well.
Old 2013-03-22, 08:23   Link #25
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palsa-San View Post
Subaru: Kobayashi Yuu.
Reason.
This clip takes me back to fonder days...

But for Aoi I think more of a younger teenage boy voice that's impish and unisex enough to go without changing voices would do the job (I mean there're cheerleaders with voices deeper than many boys..). It's nice having females doing voices all the time, but knowing a legit boy's doing it would make Aoi feel even more sexy sly in a way. I never heard of real teen boy voices being used in anime though.
Old 2013-03-22, 19:50   Link #26
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
This clip takes me back to fonder days...

But for Aoi I think more of a younger teenage boy voice that's impish and unisex enough to go without changing voices would do the job (I mean there're cheerleaders with voices deeper than many boys..). It's nice having females doing voices all the time, but knowing a legit boy's doing it would make Aoi feel even more sexy sly in a way. I never heard of real teen boy voices being used in anime though.
That's one of the reasons why I have Fukuyama Jun listed as an alternative for Oguri; since Oguri cosplays as a girl, his voice would have to work with the part, and it doesn't matter too much if it's a dead giveaway with his character, because he's first introduced as a guy, and the cosplay scenes are not very often.
But when Subaru's concerned, I think that it would be better for someone like Kobayashi Yuu, because the first impression that the viewer should have is that he's a girl.

Last edited by Palsa-San; 2013-03-22 at 20:00.
Old 2013-05-25, 10:16   Link #27
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
It's been awhile since I've commented on this thread. Which is sad since I'm the one who made this thread and am enjoying this series to its fullest. With that being said: Chapter 13 had just been scanlated and released!

Spoiler for Chapter 13:

After this current chapter I'm worried that a rushed or bombed ending will come to fruition here. I hope not since the series was just getting started. Until the next chapter, we're going to have to wait and see. I'm really liking where everything is headed, I just hope it starts in an satisfying direction.
Old 2013-05-25, 15:18   Link #28
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I can no longer imagine Chinami in his original male form. I don't even remember what it looks like. You have truly become a woman to me, you manliest of former men!
Old 2013-05-25, 15:21   Link #29
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Well with Oguri saying that he 'likes' (Still don't know the pretext yet) Chinami than the possibility of going back to be a guy will become very slim at the moment. Plus, they`re the Yuika issue he needs to deal with because his feelings regarding the two of them are conflicted at the moment.
Old 2013-05-26, 01:25   Link #30
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I can no longer imagine Chinami in his original male form. I don't even remember what it looks like. You have truly become a woman to me, you manliest of former men!
Interesting, I myself forgot how male Chinami looked like after chap 3-4. And personally, I don't want to remember nor want to see him ever again.
She should take that new pill again in the future though, loli Chinami is so damn HHHHNNNNGGGG!!

I wonder what's really up with Oguri though, if he really does like Chinami "romantically" that is. And if it's really the case, I'd like to know at which point did he start to feel that way.
Old 2013-08-23, 02:05   Link #31
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Oh snap! It feel it gonna end in 2 chapter or at least this year

Old 2013-08-23, 02:58   Link #32
Xacual

Next chapter is the "climax" so likely last chapter.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-08-23, 09:07   Link #33
desrtsku
Nympholept

"Climax"? Sounds like something else to me.
Old 2013-08-23, 12:45   Link #34
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Looks like next chapter will be the conclusion, sucks because I really enjoy this series. Sucks that Yuika got rejected because I liked this pairing. Looks like I'm adding Yuika to my list of "heroines who never get picked" selection. I'm seriously cursed when it comes to pairings.

Speaking of pairings...

Spoiler for ....:

Looks like the last chapter is going to take awhile to come out. I get the feeling that the overall confession or whatever is going to end up in a comical misunderstanding. Considering what has happened during this series, I wouldn't put it past it.
Old 2013-08-24, 11:23   Link #35
bastek66

Wow, latest chapter caused so many raging comments by certain group of people.
Spoiler for I saw that coming since first chapter:
Old 2013-08-24, 12:31   Link #36
Shadow5YA

I don't like an Oguri ending either. I didn't feel like he received enough development. Chinami's developing feelings for Oguri were shown frequently over the course of the series, but I felt that Oguri's feelings for Chinami weren't really developed much at all.
Old 2013-08-24, 14:27   Link #37
Lisemer

So this will be another yaoi manga, like Prunus Girl, but with a proper female instead of a trap?
That would be hilarous
Old 2013-08-24, 17:56   Link #38
Seitsuki
Onee!

It doesn't matter who Chinami ends up with because she is cute and cute is justice. The end.
Old 2013-08-24, 18:56   Link #39
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
It doesn't matter who Chinami ends up with because she is cute and cute is justice. The end.
Having two cute people in a couple is better than just one. Going by that logic, Yuika deserved to win.
Old 2013-08-24, 19:14   Link #40
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Oguri got so little development compared to Yuika that I feel like this is an easy way out by using the shocker of the former male going out with his male friend. It's shocking but it feels like a cheap way out. So I'm personally not happy with the direction the author is taking with the ending.

It's like how I feel about OreImo. I was expecting a fairly rich and emotional tale of estranged brother and sister finally understanding and reconcilliating with one another after years of negativity, but instead we get fairly cheap (in the realm of anime/manga/LNs) incest copout.