Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-25, 08:51   Link #241
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That ending.... nooo, the dark thoughts are eating into my mind!!!!!! ;_;
You're not the only one. I get the feeling the ending will be mostly downer now despite Jinbei's powerup.
Old 2013-09-26, 13:21   Link #242
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

how many episodes does this have?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 10:37   Link #243
dark998

Pretty hype last episode, really liked how ED1 was used again during the scene where Kuroageha recovers her memory. No romantic resolution whatosever but she is main heroine, no big deal. As for the bad things: I wanted Kuroageha to use her full power again, she was great in episode 10. And using OP1 for the credits...ugh, I really, really dislike that song.

I also heard the manga is not over yet so some research is due to check if Seven Arcs was faithful to it.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 11:02   Link #244
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Good show. I love Jinbei's eternally loyal samurai nature that is completely oblivious to women. Seeing the gang fight together again was cool and this was a good sleeper show this season. Not talked about as much as other more popular titles but still worth viewing. I'll miss ya.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 11:38   Link #245
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Pretty hype last episode, really liked how ED1 was used again during the scene where Kuroageha recovers her memory. No romantic resolution whatosever but she is main heroine, no big deal. As for the bad things: I wanted Kuroageha to use her full power again, she was great in episode 10. And using OP1 for the credits...ugh, I really, really dislike that song.

I also heard the manga is not over yet so some research is due to check if Seven Arcs was faithful to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Loser View Post
Good show. I love Jinbei's eternally loyal samurai nature that is completely oblivious to women. Seeing the gang fight together again was cool and this was a good sleeper show this season. Not talked about as much as other more popular titles but still worth viewing. I'll miss ya.
yep good show, now concerning romance for what i read from manga raws scan peoples comment, jinbei have a better "schemist"/afair which oharo dono and her boobs bouncer, which make all the others girls/and the crazy guy very jeallous.

and even now afar the history goes she is the girl which the better chance to ending with him, even jinbei fathe liked her.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 14:56   Link #246
kuromitsu

"OHAYOU GOZAIMASU!!!" Oh, Jinbei... XDDDDD

Well, this was certainly an anime original ending, which makes me a tiny little bit sad only because this way it's official that the show won't get a second season. (Not that I expected one, but still, hope dies last! )

That aside, it was epic. It also had much, MUCH satisfaction for me, I was grinning like an idiot once I heard Jinbei go "IKU ZO, SAANAAADA YUKIMURAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!11!1!" xD I got the fight I'd been waiting for, after all. xD Go Kenn! Casting people, give the guy more hot-blooded roles!

It was also awesome how it was due to Jinbei being a massive Mugai fanboy that he came to his senses after he transformed. Normally it would be the heroine's heartfelt words or someone dying or something, but no, here it was "MUGAI-DONO! <3" And while we're at heroines, I also liked that when it was the Magistrate's turn to come to her senses, she and Jinbei were in a sort of reversed hero/heroine position. Also that after an entire arc of everyone and their dog calling the Magistrate "hime" in his hearing range, Jinbei STILL doesn't have a clue and thinks she's just a servant girl.

Also:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yeah.

I'm going to miss this show a lot... I read the manga in Sunday, and it's good, but it's not the same without the voices...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 08:27   Link #247
erdii

from the ending it seem there would be no sequel as something different happened in manga
Old 2013-10-01, 10:46   Link #248
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Also:
Images
Yeah.

I'm going to miss this show a lot... I read the manga in Sunday, and it's good, but it's not the same without the voices...
That's Chinpo-ryuu for you
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 15:48   Link #249
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
"OHAYOU GOZAIMASU!!!" Oh, Jinbei... XDDDDD

Well, this was certainly an anime original ending, which makes me a tiny little bit sad only because this way it's official that the show won't get a second season. (Not that I expected one, but still, hope dies last! )

That aside, it was epic. It also had much, MUCH satisfaction for me, I was grinning like an idiot once I heard Jinbei go "IKU ZO, SAANAAADA YUKIMURAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!11!1!" xD I got the fight I'd been waiting for, after all. xD Go Kenn! Casting people, give the guy more hot-blooded roles!

It was also awesome how it was due to Jinbei being a massive Mugai fanboy that he came to his senses after he transformed. Normally it would be the heroine's heartfelt words or someone dying or something, but no, here it was "MUGAI-DONO! <3" And while we're at heroines, I also liked that when it was the Magistrate's turn to come to her senses, she and Jinbei were in a sort of reversed hero/heroine position. Also that after an entire arc of everyone and their dog calling the Magistrate "hime" in his hearing range, Jinbei STILL doesn't have a clue and thinks she's just a servant girl.

Also:
Images
Yeah.

This, pretty much all of this. Jinbei being a loveable idiot until the end, and that final attack.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 21:58   Link #250
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Jinbei goes back to that form but got to say that finishing move was kind of sweet

7/10 some one need to pick this up
Old 2013-10-02, 02:29   Link #251
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Very strong finale, not surprising since Mushibugyou pretty much always delivers. This series is yet more proof that one of the worst ways to judge a show's merits is by how much attention it gets.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 09:05   Link #252
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Good ending. In the end, Jinbei still doesn't know that the servant girl=Insect Magistrate. At least, they shared a sweet moment together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Very strong finale, not surprising since Mushibugyou pretty much always delivers. This series is yet more proof that one of the worst ways to judge a show's merits is by how much attention it gets.
True. I assumed it was just a generic show. I was proven wrong. It goes to show that some series are good despite not being popular.
Old 2013-10-04, 09:44   Link #253
Tenzen12

It IS just generic show, but very good on top of that
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 14:38   Link #254
kuromitsu

From this week's Weekly Shounen Sunday we learn that when in pain Nagatomimaru cries "FUKUJUN!!!"

(By the way these last chapters were awesome, I so wish they'd be animated... okay, I'd be even OK with a drama CD! Hell, a drama track with this reunion scene only!)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 16:06   Link #255
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ Oh, that guy enjoyed it... XD
Old 2013-10-19, 22:40   Link #256
Miraluka
Banned

Hahaha, where I should start the manga after the anime?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 23:06   Link #257
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Hahaha, where I should start the manga after the anime?
Only chapters 1-30 have been translated along with a few in the 100's at the moment.

The translations haven't been weekly either...

Ah, to answer your question, I don't really know, considering I haven't compared the episodes and chapters.

All I can say is: The anime subs are WAY ahead of the manga chapter translations.
Old 2014-05-28, 10:40   Link #258
EroKing

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Old 2014-06-09, 04:15   Link #259
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just gave this series a rewatch, and for whatever reason I still kinda like it, and I am not much of a battle shounen type taste wise. A nice surprise for it to have held up so nicely after a year.

Still kinda enjoyed the first half of the series a little more than the second, but overall pretty steady and stable.

Oh yes - I still can't deal with the battle shounen hair... still too ridiculous and over the top for me. Especially Mugai.
Old 2014-08-09, 12:55   Link #260
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just gave an OVA a watch, and it was kinda nice - Jinbei makes a great instructor for someone with a burning dedication like his, and it was interesting to see bits and pieces of Mugai's past as well....

Pity the series does not get much attention.

Tags
action, shounen