Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-29, 21:56   Link #661
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

@Cal-

Those are Chinese raws, are they not? There are original Japanese raws on IRC, with much higher quality, if anyone is interest, feel free to drop me a PM. (I feel like we're hijacking this anime thread in a way, but for good reasons I suppose. XD)

The manga is still unlicensed at the moment. But if it ever does come to North America, I wonder what the publication will do with the profanity.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 23:02   Link #662
metronome
Mad Loli

@dot.l

I need translation(have the physical manga)
too bad I dont have the chinese raw(can read chinese here)
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 23:30   Link #663
Deathbringer_37

*Where* do you guys get the manga online?

And why isn´t anyone translating this manga besides Akatsuki, they might be good but they are seriously slow, it´s a freaking crime that this manga doesn´t get the credits it deserves.
Deathbringer_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 03:45   Link #664
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbringer_37
*Where* do you guys get the manga online?

And why isn´t anyone translating this manga besides Akatsuki, they might be good but they are seriously slow, it´s a freaking crime that this manga doesn´t get the credits it deserves.
It'll be out in North America soon enough... as for no one translating... I won't pretend to know how internet economics works and why people scanlate some and no others. Pity though, It'd be nice if someone earnestly went after this series.

Kujoe: Thanks, you're too kind, perhaps I'll put up more teasers shortly to further whet appetites and keep this thread near the top and close to people's attentions.

Edit: DOTL: I don't know, I don't buy manga in English cause as mentioned before its too costly and much of the time the Japanese language translates more smoothly into Chinese; buying original Japanese proved be the cheapest option once I had the opportunity to spend a Summer there, helps polish the language up too. Might they plastic wrap the things like they do with Suzuka, which has full frontal nudity and such? Or are the 3P areas clouded over with fog? I've heard it done in some cases.
Old 2006-10-02, 12:53   Link #665
v1cious

do we ever get to see the nun again? it seems like they threw her character away kinda fast.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 15:13   Link #666
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

i belive she's seen a lot(?) in the latest chapters.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 18:51   Link #667
Pastel
For the Future

I came home today and looked and then, キタ-----------(゚∀゚)-----------ッ!!! My face was introduced to a Second Barrage raw. OH GOD
Old 2006-10-02, 19:11   Link #668
kari-no-sugata

Wow... total gore-fest, first ep of second barrage.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 19:17   Link #669
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
its out already? O.o im shaking all over but i think ill still have to w8 a day or so before i can get my hands on it DAMIT! >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 20:11   Link #670
metronome
Mad Loli

found one at the tokyotosho, well the quality of the anime is not promising, I will wait until it's subbed and may be gonna watch that every 4 episodes or more
Old 2006-10-02, 21:06   Link #671
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Second Barrage is not the second season, apparently. The first episode of Black Lagoon - The Second Barrage is numbered 13, so I am guessing they still consider it one anime. The opening and ending songs are exactly the same, expect for the small addition of the words "The Second Barrage" in the OP video.

The episode is quite gruesome. It's probably the most atmospheric and scary episode of the series. No big action scenes (except one semi-scene), very moody and frightening. The twins are nuts. Seriously, I want to know what the hell is wrong with them.

Quality-wise, i am a bit confused. The first episode, as I've said, didn't have any of the fast-paced action sequensed, so it was hard to judge if the quality has dropped off from the first coul. Several times I did get a feeling that the character designs were a bit off-model. It was very subtle, as if all characters were 99% right on target, but with some little weird detail nagging my subconscious.

Episode #14 (called Bloodsports Fairytale) should be a better indicators, since it features a lot more action and gunfights.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 22:33   Link #672
metronome
Mad Loli

@up

I think it's just the quality of the torrent decoder or the recorder
seems like it's being recorded hastily from the tv
Old 2006-10-02, 22:48   Link #673
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Quality-wise, i am a bit confused. The first episode, as I've said, didn't have any of the fast-paced action sequensed, so it was hard to judge if the quality has dropped off from the first coul. Several times I did get a feeling that the character designs were a bit off-model. It was very subtle, as if all characters were 99% right on target, but with some little weird detail nagging my subconscious.
I noticed it too - relatively minor, but especially when Revy and Rock were in the bar there were several times when they seemed off model to me. In addition Revy's expression didn't seem accurate. Other than that, it mostly seemed alright to me. It's definitely a setup episode, but most of the best arcs in the first season started with similar slow setup episodes. The twins are damn creepy - was that a FN-FAL she was carrying?
Old 2006-10-02, 22:53   Link #674
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Yes, my favourite twins are finally in colour and animated. And don't worry, Prophet-dono, if they're faithful to the manga, we'll know the history behind these twins in an episode or 2.

This #13th episode, I agree, has the most substantially eerie athmosphere with some methodical slasher flick+ serial killer visual approach, which is always a good thing. It's more of a foreshadowing episode than anything else though, starting off by showing us what these new pair of sickos are capable of. Yes, I love that song. And those laughter giggles. Awesome work from Omi and Tomoko.

I found Hansel in a way, more beautiful than Gretel. Maybe's it the axe and the evil smirk.

Spoiler for Extremely light manga spoiler:
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 22:55   Link #675
rooboy
Umeboshi!

It is _definitely_ the creepiest episode of Black Lagoon I've ever seen. The tone of this one episode seemed almost like Blood+ more than Black Lagoon. All in all it was quite a good episode, I thought. Though it is primarily a setup for what I'm assuming is probably going to be at least a three episode arc (including this episode). I'm kind of glad they kept the numbering - hopefully Geneon R1s will work like Girls Bravo and just treat it as one series.
Old 2006-10-02, 23:06   Link #676
v1cious

i hate it when people complain about barely noticable things, like character models being slightly off. it just comes off so arrogant and pretentious. it's an action show people, not Miyazaki!

moving along...

this is a good arc so far, reminds me of "Pierrot Le Fou"(sp?) from Cowboy Bebop. also the nun is back
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 23:15   Link #677
kujoe
from head to heel

I think it's a good start. I actually like the slow pace amidst the eerie atmosphere, and it has a touch of terror and foreshadowing that skillfully portrays the characters of Hansel and Gretel. These two aren't like Shenhua and Roberta—who are more of your direct, in-your-face femme fatales—so the approach in this episode is just what the story requires. Moreover, it's not as if they pulled some punches when it came to the action sequences.

On another note, Balalaika proves once again that she owns my soul.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 02:34   Link #678
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Creppy indeed. But as long as i can watch Bl agai i don't mind how they make it

oh and i forgot Nightengale : of course she did

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!

Last edited by Majek; 2006-10-03 at 05:42.
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 07:37   Link #679
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Spoiler for Extremely light manga spoiler:
No, it was done exactly the same in the manga.

The twins are in the top tier of unstoppable killers in all of Black Lagoon episodes, on par with the levels of Mr. Chan and Roberta, so I'm excited to see them animated.

Btw, this is the first time I've seen Tomoko Kaneda's name associated with FEAR.
(voice actress known for roles like Chiyo-chan in Azumanga)
Never seen her so freaking creepy o_O

I hope they animate my favorite story arc, the long Japan arc.
EDIT: Well, nevermind. I just read post about how the second season is going to flow...
Spoiler for minor spoiler about the order of the second season:

Last edited by aohige; 2006-10-03 at 07:48.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 07:49   Link #680
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige
No, it was done exactly the same in the manga.
I think I missed it. Or forgot about it. Whatever. Thanks. Majek as well.

The twins are simply crazy (( Understandably why, considering what they went through )). That's all there is to it.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, seinen