Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-07-27, 12:30   Link #1
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Alicesoft: Big Bang Age

Quote:
Alicewikia

In the year 200X, a giant hole erupted in the middle of Japan, called the Demonic Hole. Its appearance caused the sea to split and the lands to bend. The entire Japan was twisted out of shape. Dark black B-Crystals appeared everywhere, bestowing special powers to some people. "Special Students", as those people were called, became the object of fear. Japan became ruled by violence and terror, and was cut off from the rest of the world.
A year after the appearance of the Demonic Hole, a Special Student with extraordinary strength and will managed to unite the Special Students throughout Japan. He formed the Student Union (S.U.) to bring order back to Japan, and Japan entered a new age. But the peace did not last long...
just started playing this game recently thanks to aroduc translation. I didn't think it as good as RanceVII but that mostly due to the game mechanics. But it does have certain appeals of it own.
Old 2010-09-21, 16:13   Link #2
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
No discussion for this game? I'm already 10 minutes into it and can already feel the epicness XD
It's going to take a while to complete :x

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 16:56   Link #3
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Cleared this one a while back with pretty much all the sidequests you can do in one run. The key id distinguishing between the combat oriented characters and administrative ones early on.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 17:49   Link #4
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Cleared this one a while back with pretty much all the sidequests you can do in one run. The key id distinguishing between the combat oriented characters and administrative ones early on.
early on you need every body you can laid your hands on. You can only attack once per turn but the comp can multiply times.
Old 2010-09-21, 19:17   Link #5
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I was pretty surprised that this game had voices, despite being out a lot earlier than Rance 7.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 22:59   Link #6
Milfeulle9001

So is this as good as Rance? ◔ ◡ ◔
Milfeulle9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 23:06   Link #7
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfeulle9001 View Post
So is this as good as Rance? ◔ ◡ ◔
imo no. it is a good game but the mechanic took away form it.
Old 2010-09-22, 00:55   Link #8
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I like the mechanics, I just wish it wasn't so... limiting in terms of the number of actions and total turns in the game. There's quite a bit of management going on in here, and without proper planing it's quite difficult to clear many characters in one go.

Ultimately, I'm not meticulous enough to sit down and plot my course, but am kind of capricious guy that wants to do whatever I feel like. The loyalty requirement had me talking with people I didn't really give a damn about, but am too poor to pay for that Hawaii trip =(.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 01:06   Link #9
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
I like the mechanics, I just wish it wasn't so... limiting in terms of the number of actions and total turns in the game. There's quite a bit of management going on in here, and without proper planing it's quite difficult to clear many characters in one go.

Ultimately, I'm not meticulous enough to sit down and plot my course, but am kind of capricious guy that wants to do whatever I feel like. The loyalty requirement had me talking with people I didn't really give a damn about, but am too poor to pay for that Hawaii trip =(.
i don't like how the game refuse to let you attack the Holy Flame Capital until their golem reaches your main city. they wouldn't even let me attack early. And the whole you only have 1 action per turn is too limiting.
Old 2010-09-22, 02:16   Link #10
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I hate the way it managing save/load.
Overall I'd say it's still a pretty good game, although if you take it easy, you'll regret it. I have to rush basically at every phase to not miss any girl.
Old 2010-09-22, 03:58   Link #11
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I hate the way it managing save/load.
Overall I'd say it's still a pretty good game, although if you take it easy, you'll regret it. I have to rush basically at every phase to not miss any girl.
If I recall it just makes you wait till the end of your turn to save which isn't too bad unless a lot happens on that turn. As Deathkillz says sometimes it can get a little overwhelming if your defending multiple territories at the same time. The best way to manage that is to try and make sure you finish off an enemy before the next one declares war on you. If you take to long it can very quickly become overwhelming.

Also never ever bother spending your BP on your characters stats except for the one that refills their loyalty. All of them are too expensive and your going to need all the BP you can get if you plan on recruiting a lot of characters.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 04:35   Link #12
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I just spammed Curry shop all over country, so I have no trouble regarding BP. Income from buildings alone is more than 1k BP, and my troop salary is roughly more than 900.

Characters clear is what made me scratch my head the most, though . After a while I can't remember how many times I talked to which character. Or some event has too low priority like that part time girl Namu, which I've already triggered all necessary requirements, and 12 turns later, the event where she joined me still haven't happened.

The save/load part isn't too bad if I something like this doesn't happen too many times (well, if you know them before hand, then it won't be that bad, but for new player, tough luck ):
Before suppress Nightmare Eyes: next turn is income phase, after I've calculated and distributed people to get maximum amount of income, while still able to guard the border. Guess what? That Millar girl jump into Akihabara, summon a bunch of Bats and attack, while I only have two faceless girls there for managing income.
Old 2010-09-22, 05:57   Link #13
MAR Phantom

I'm a total noob at this one,how do i heal character hp?
MAR Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 06:02   Link #14
mikall

it is very nice game thanks for discussion about that.,,,
mikall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 06:53   Link #15
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR Phantom View Post
Do not assist them to any region.
Old 2010-09-22, 13:21   Link #16
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR Phantom View Post
1. do not assign the character to any region.
2. on the region-arc, capture the shinjuku region and search the hospital. eventually the hospital will sent a personal nurse that help heal your characters faster.
Old 2010-10-24, 10:06   Link #17
Tiberium Wolf

I am playing this game today. Hell! It's freaking hard. The game mechanics explanation in http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Bang_Age are a mess.
When it came to the country map that thing is horrible. All I can see is a bunch of cubes. The cubes grab more attention than the rest. Rance 7 map was better.
BTW, it was nice to have game over at the school part. 25 turns max tse tse tse.
Save/Load. Horrible. If 1 turn is very long and it goes bad at the end coz you choose the wrong option then you need to replay all that. Who made that save/load system should be shoot.
Other that these annoyances I find the game enjoyable. Although it took me a few hours to figure out how the economic system worked.
Old 2010-10-28, 16:36   Link #18
Tiberium Wolf

Can anyone tell me how to build curry shops? I think I have triggered the event but still I am unable to build any.
Old 2010-10-28, 17:48   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Can anyone tell me how to build curry shops? I think I have triggered the event but still I am unable to build any.
1. conqueror yokohama
2. visit Hanny Enginnering in Iga
3. Do the curry Event in Yokohoma

this can be done in any order except #3 has to come after #1.
Old 2010-10-28, 23:18   Link #20
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I played this a while++ ago but I epically failed the game in general...