AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-10-16, 08:56   Link #301
ze Moose
Iä! Shub-Niggurath!
*Fansubber

Ahh, got it working after searching for your older posts. It was in the other AE thread. Thanks ^^
ze Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 04:22   Link #302
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

Well, I use a precomposition with mask for the particles and use that precomposition in particular...
Old 2007-10-19, 22:52   Link #303
pichu
*Fansubber

I don't really like particles in After-Effects... It takes forever to render on my system(P4-3GHz + 2GB of RAM). Particles from characters in karaoke are quite easy to simulate in AE (and looks more realistic than in ssa)... Basically warp (wave, mesh, etc) and choke/blur/move/etc the syllables, and then matte that comp to particular, thereby creating particles surfacing the syllables shapes rather than specified or random explosions. But, I can't really think of the processing power needed in creating this.:/ heh I dare not to try it on my system. >.>
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 06:09   Link #304
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

Particular may be the fastest particle system I know....

All the karaokes I did were made with a 1.80 Ghz barton with 1 GB of ram....

Remember to put the resolution to "half" while working if it's slow .

So, don't worry, that's enough for your computer. We're not talking about 3d particles with real interaction as in realflow.
Old 2007-10-24, 19:24   Link #305
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
Okay, here's a question for y'all. I'm okay when it comes to doing things in AE and PremierePro but I'm trying to figure out how to import/re-encode a video so that I can import it.
For example the video that I'm trying to use is 100% pure DivX 6.0 (meaning it has the .divx ending). Now, how would I go about encoding that to import into AE?

FYI: I'm on a Mac (10.4.10).
Old 2007-10-24, 22:09   Link #306
Skyward
Oblivious
*Fansubber

A .divx file is basically an avi file with a different extension. So, while I have little experience in AE and Premiere, I suspect you can import it by simply changing the file extension.
Skyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 23:58   Link #307
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
Okay, here's a question for y'all. I'm okay when it comes to doing things in AE and PremierePro but I'm trying to figure out how to import/re-encode a video so that I can import it.
For example the video that I'm trying to use is 100% pure DivX 6.0 (meaning it has the .divx ending). Now, how would I go about encoding that to import into AE?

FYI: I'm on a Mac (10.4.10).
Assuming it's not an AVI in disguise.

Depending on your configuration you *should* be able to load the file through AVS Frameserving, it can be slower, but it gets the job done.

Use the DirectShowSource function to load the video with your AVS Script and use makeAVIS (program bundled with ffdshow) to turn your AVS Script into an avi which will activate the AVS interface.
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 03:43   Link #308
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn View Post
Depending on your configuration you *should* be able to load the file through AVS Frameserving, it can be slower, but it gets the job done.

Use the DirectShowSource function to load the video with your AVS Script and use makeAVIS (program bundled with ffdshow) to turn your AVS Script into an avi which will activate the AVS interface.
He's on a Mac...

If what Skyward suggested didn't work;

I would try AVIDemux, and see whether it can open the *.divx file and wrap it around into an AVI container. However I'm not sure whether it can open such files, I don't use this program myself.

Actually, If that won't work then mencoder should do the job fine, or ffmpeg.

Last edited by martino; 2007-10-25 at 04:23.
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 15:30   Link #309
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
He's on a Mac...

If what Skyward suggested didn't work;

I would try AVIDemux, and see whether it can open the *.divx file and wrap it around into an AVI container. However I'm not sure whether it can open such files, I don't use this program myself.

Actually, If that won't work then mencoder should do the job fine, or ffmpeg.
Thanks Martino, AVIdemux did the job just like i wanted.
Old 2007-10-26, 03:14   Link #310
Sakibe

guyz i have a little question. when i put a video (without compressing code) into AFX, it means i don't choose Xvid or X.264 or else for the encode, then when i do some effect whatever i wont,
after that when comes to encode into it (AFX - and still i dont wont to choose compressing code)
the video come out broke ;_; with a green color O_o" lol what's the proplem guyz?
note:the video must be RGB channel

Last edited by Sakibe; 2007-10-26 at 03:24.
Sakibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 04:37   Link #311
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakibe View Post
guyz i have a little question. when i put a video (without compressing code) into AFX, it means i don't choose Xvid or X.264 or else for the encode, then when i do some effect whatever i wont,
after that when comes to encode into it (AFX - and still i dont wont to choose compressing code)
the video come out broke ;_; with a green color O_o" lol what's the proplem guyz?
note:the video must be RGB channel
I believe AFX CS3 allows you to import non-RGB videos. However, older versions (7.0 or older) of AFX can't do that.

The problem is that your video is most likely YV12 or YUY2 (I'm not sure about your 'note:' - is that an error or what you're claiming your video to be?) or any other non-RGB colorspace. Thus, you need to encode the video to RGB format. In Virtualdub, it's quite easy to do so, as Virtualdub only processes in RGB mode. Select Full Processing under Video and File->Save As.... I usually pick a lossless codec, such as Lagarith, because of space-efficiency. See below.

If that still doesn't solve the problem, then check your Fast previews method, like OpenGL, Adaptive Resolution.

Last edited by pichu; 2007-10-26 at 04:51.
Old 2007-10-26, 08:39   Link #312
Sakibe

Pichus

lol, don't misunderstand me.
i mean, how do i creat AFX on AviSynth O_o ?
i use AFx 7 ×_×

Last edited by Sakibe; 2007-10-26 at 08:59.
Old 2007-10-26, 09:16   Link #313
MexFX
Waiting...
*Fansubber

Quote:
Pichus

i use AFx 7 ×_×
Hi Sakibe...
you'll find out if you read more and more ...
take a look at what Fluffy wrote .
Before that , you've to know how to render RGB with Alpha channel , it's been explained numeros times at this thread .
MexFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 10:00   Link #314
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Pichus

i use AFx 7 ×_×
AVISynth? I don't think I've ever mentioned anything about avisynth...

I have a small script written to overlay RGBA videos generated from After-Effects in avisynth. (And I must admit that it's better than The_Fluff's insertsign script ;p - since I keep on adding crap to the script for the afx signs I make heh)

http://pichu.org/Signs_Overlay.avsi

Usage:

avisign( "your_afx_overlay_video.avi" ).sign( start_frame , end_frame )

end_frame is optional if your overlay video's end frame is set. Both numbers are integer. Read through the comments (the beginning) in Signs_Overlay.avsi to understand how to use everything.

>> you need at least AVISynth 2.56 to use this script, as earlier versions have shown that it will crash - maybe memory leakages? http://www.avisynth.org

--- Here's also simple instructions how to generate those needed overlay videos from after-effects:
Spoiler for Output module:

Then for the rendering module, pick FULL (not quarter).

Then you can save those as templates and use them for your rendering settings.

Last edited by pichu; 2007-10-26 at 10:20.
Old 2007-10-26, 12:01   Link #315
Sakibe

hi MexFx ;D

I dont know how to thank u pichus :$
thank u
Old 2007-11-02, 15:27   Link #316
shyrin

karaoke effects

Hi,

I'm playing a little with shinjipierre's script and did my first two karokes, but during this there appeared a few questions:

1. How can I prevent the already passed syllables from falling back after the effect (on the sung syllable). For example, if I change the color that it doesn't change it back?

2. How can I limit the range of the effect. For example, I want to use just the opacity of an effect and bind the expression to the karaoke selector (start or end) - how can I set up that it doesn't automatically range from 0 to 100 but from lets say 10 to 30?
I tried it with a glow effect and it glowed very badly

3. How can I make that the syllable doesn't change the color all at once but fills in slowly?

thanks you for your help
Shy
shyrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 17:41   Link #317
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

Quote:
1. How can I prevent the already passed syllables from falling back after the effect (on the sung syllable). For example, if I change the color that it doesn't change it back?
removing the "begin" keys in the selection ?

Quote:
2. How can I limit the range of the effect. For example, I want to use just the opacity of an effect and bind the expression to the karaoke selector (start or end) - how can I set up that it doesn't automatically range from 0 to 100 but from lets say 10 to 30?
I tried it with a glow effect and it glowed very badly
There's an effect slider for that... It gores from 0 to 1.. Feel free to add an expression like 10+[0-1]property*20

Quote:
3. How can I make that the syllable doesn't change the color all at once but fills in slowly?
from left to right ?... masks... maybe they're another way but I don't know how
Old 2007-11-03, 03:47   Link #318
shyrin

Quote:
removing the "begin" keys in the selection ?
oh, my bad - I tried it in the copied line (where you have separated the syllable) the whole time...

Thanks for your help and for providing this cool script^^
shyrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 15:24   Link #319
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i had a question
at school we use AE 6.0 series but when you add audio and try to preview play it in the work space it isnt hearable?
i havent tested yet if it doesnt play either sinc enormally i hop to another school and put the audio on with Adobe Premiere, but since i cant keep doing that forever i wondered if that is normal and if theres any setting i have to check first before it will actually work

normally i just make my composition, import the audio file, which is a WAV and drag it to my workspace where it covers the time frames it has to cover
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 17:52   Link #320
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

I hope you're not pressing the space-bar? Press numpad 0 for a ram preview (that plays video and audio, after it has rendered it, in realtime), or press the dot (.) for audio (equal to spacebar.. but instead of video, it'll try playing the audio up to realtime)

Try that first.. if that doesnt work, maybe check the sound icon for the layer, otherwise.. i can't help you either
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote