AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-17, 02:15   Link #1
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Now They've Done it, Aion's character is completely slaughtered (spoiler)

Yep, aion's character's been degraded to the most villainous level possible. 100% change from what he actually is like in the manga, Not only that, they're accelerating the story extremely rapidly to some point i don't even know where they're at.

Aion is evil and a PERVERT, what the fuck is that? That fat demon and his partner on the side of the ORder? They just left out the entire explanation of the Sinners and the Pursuers! Joining the Pursuers and the ORder together inthe first place was the shittiest idea ever thought of! And how the fuck is Aion that powerful if he doens't have his horns? In the manga, he's no where that powerful in his human state!

Shouldn't every single puruser out there like vengeful against Chrno? After all, Chrno single-handedly massacred 100 baron-class demons; hence, his title of "Slayer of 100 of his own kind" It was mentioned once, then never brought up again! I swear i'm going to go shoot the director in the balls.

And in the preview:

Jennai fighting Deufus? What kind of fucking match is that? Deufus can easily own Aion and Chrno combined! I don't even know where the story is going any more, they've completely missed out the key points and main elements of the story!
Old 2004-03-17, 02:49   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
Yep, aion's character's been degraded to the most villainous level possible. 100% change from what he actually is like in the manga, Not only that, they're accelerating the story extremely rapidly to some point i don't even know where they're at.

Aion is evil and a PERVERT, what the fuck is that? That fat demon and his partner on the side of the ORder? They just left out the entire explanation of the Sinners and the Pursuers! Joining the Pursuers and the ORder together inthe first place was the shittiest idea ever thought of! And how the fuck is Aion that powerful if he doens't have his horns? In the manga, he's no where that powerful in his human state!

Shouldn't every single puruser out there like vengeful against Chrno? After all, Chrno single-handedly massacred 100 baron-class demons; hence, his title of "Slayer of 100 of his own kind" It was mentioned once, then never brought up again! I swear i'm going to go shoot the director in the balls.

And in the preview:

Jennai fighting Deufus? What kind of fucking match is that? Deufus can easily own Aion and Chrno combined! I don't even know where the story is going any more, they've completely missed out the key points and main elements of the story!
Really...is it that messed up from the manga. I haven't read the manga so I wouldn't know. And how is Aion a pervert, did he do something perverted in recent anime episodes. I don't remember him doing anything even remotely perverted or I'm I wrong.
Old 2004-03-17, 03:02   Link #3
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Really...is it that messed up from the manga. I haven't read the manga so I wouldn't know. And how is Aion a pervert, did he do something perverted in recent anime episodes. I don't remember him doing anything even remotely perverted or I'm I wrong.
Keitaro, I believe the Colonel- is talking about developments in ep16 (the raw was released one/two days ago).

Colonel-, it would be clearer if you mention ep16 in the title.

I already pointed out the bad adaptations from manga quite a while ago. Looks like they decided to make it worse
Old 2004-03-17, 09:06   Link #4
cercia_highelf
Virtue

Yeah, good riddance I say. Who misses that weakling?
Old 2004-03-17, 11:33   Link #5
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Well you all can always take a look at what episode 16 has to offer by looking at the screenshots on http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp.
Old 2004-03-17, 13:37   Link #6
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Aion= totally pervert villain
Old 2004-03-17, 19:11   Link #7
saku~ya
la~li~lo

O____O I had no idea that Aion was a pervert *dies* Though it does make me laugh because the VA who does Aion is also the same person who did Yuki Eiri's in Gravitation. I can totally see him doing that Shuichi Anyways, its a shame that I won't be able to watch Chrno anymore. It had such nice animation not too mention the music. Ah well... I'll just look out for screen caps.
Old 2004-03-17, 19:27   Link #8
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Well you all can always take a look at what episode 16 has to offer by looking at the screenshots on http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp.
Wow. That's sort of evil. Makes me want to watch it.
Aren't demons supposed to be sinful?

Is it against the rules to ask where the raw is? Because it's not a fansub.
*edit* Saw thread below. Withdrawing request. Found it anyway.

Last edited by Slade xTekno; 2004-03-17 at 19:38.
Old 2004-03-17, 19:44   Link #9
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
Wow. That's sort of evil. Makes me want to watch it.
Aren't demons supposed to be sinful?

Is it against the rules to ask where the raw is? Because it's not a fansub.
*edit* Saw thread below. Withdrawing request. Found it anyway.
It depends - but the main point is that for a lot of people who are familiar with Ion's character in the manga, this is utter butchery and completely OOC for him.

Spoiler:

So from that point of view, this is a really ugly episode. I am really disappointed in Studio Gonzo at this point.
Old 2004-03-18, 00:43   Link #10
Togabito_Ion

See, this is where my problem with the anime has come from. The big thing that gets me, is that... well, technically we don't know /how/ powerful he is in his human form in the first place. This is all because of the fact that he doesn't show it. Ever. He saves his strength for when he really needs it. He conserves a lot, and is very cautious about all of his actions. He not only relies on power, but he actually relies on psychological power more than anything else. He can honestly do much more with it.

Spoiler:

The Pursuers / Sinners thing is a major part of the series as well, as that's a trigger for the stuff near the more recent parts of the manga. The Pursuers should not be working with the Shuudoukai:

Spoiler:

They're making it out that the Sinners are omgevil! rather than the fact of things going on with others in the series. Of course, this could always end up being that the Pursuers are using the Shuudoukai in the process as well, but... I don't know if they can redeem themselves in my eyes at this point.

There were plenty of 'goof ups' with the earlier eps. Leaving out the Ghost in the Watch, and the way Marionette Train was played out... argh. X.x;; It just feels like they're making this no more than just a fanservice series, which really upsets me.
Old 2004-03-18, 01:06   Link #11
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
face it people, GONZO buttrape the series and spit out the rotting bones for people to smell and eat.
Old 2004-03-18, 06:22   Link #12
dragonstar13
Busy

I'd be mad too I guess if I read the manga.
And yeah, I was a bit annoyed how Aion acted like such a perv.
Old 2004-03-18, 10:28   Link #13
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

From what I'm hearing in this forum, Aion sounds a lot like Jarlaxle of Bregan D'aerthe in the Forgotten Realms novels.
Anyone else see such a similarity [or know who Jarlaxle is]?
Old 2004-03-18, 15:48   Link #14
silver_nin

Send a message via MSN to silver_nin
mistake

I the first part of this post some one sayed that Chrno has a nickname "Slayer of 100 of his own kind" but aion sayed in the series hey killed over 10 billion of his own kind
Old 2004-03-18, 22:05   Link #15
Kaka
罪人クロノ

*disapppointed*.........
and does Gonzo have to make aion a perv?! =_=
I don't really see a point of that.........
Old 2004-03-18, 22:37   Link #16
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka
*disapppointed*.........
and does Gonzo have to make aion a perv?! =_=
I don't really see a point of that.........
If they don't have a demonic perv running around, then how can they fully utilise Miss Evergrowing-Breasts-Satella?

Then again, how are they going to entice people to splurge more money for the hentai Chrno Crusade Special (Demons & big chested women)?

Yip, the above is sarcasm on the anime adaptation...
Old 2004-03-19, 19:09   Link #17
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Lol, let's not go there now. CC has became a fansrvice only show -.-

Chrno was responsible for killing 100 powerful cool looking demons with big ass swords who slaughtered a bunch of sinners. He's no where killing 10 billion of his own kind!
Old 2004-03-21, 17:21   Link #18
Anamo

Why is everyone getting pi$$ed off that the anime is slightly different from the manga?? To be honest i'd prefer changes between the 2 media's than them both showing the eact same thing.

I remeber the only thing the Scryed anime/maanga had in common was the characters, and i liked them both.

So I think it's too early to start dismissing the anime.... also just cos it said 10 billion could have been due to a subbing error.
Old 2004-03-21, 19:14   Link #19
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Yes, they messed up big time with Aion and considering I am normally one who defends the anime big time this is something surprising.

But then again its also Satella's fault for wearing a dress with such low neck line... any woman with any self respect would wear something a bit more modest.

I still won't say the whole show is fan service though, that's going a bit far...

I am interested in seeing how they will pull off the pursuers-church alliance thing though. It doesn't seem to work too well.
Old 2004-03-21, 20:36   Link #20
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
But then again its also Satella's fault for wearing a dress with such low neck line... any woman with any self respect would wear something a bit more modest.
Ooo! Ooo! Somebody is trying to get into trouble with the feminists!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
I still won't say the whole show is fan service though, that's going a bit far...
I would say that they realise they could not pull any fanservice off with the nuns and realised the potential of Satella! Hence her growing boobies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamo
Why is everyone getting pi$$ed off that the anime is slightly different from the manga?? To be honest i'd prefer changes between the 2 media's than them both showing the eact same thing.
Anamo, the complaints would be less if they had adapted it well. Unfortunately it is not. Logical errors and extreme polarisations have made an excellent story gone bad, as well as inclusions of plot devices and moments that seem to be ages 8-10 material.
Closed Thread