AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 6 13.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 23.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 32.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-22, 00:13   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season), Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-05-22, 05:48   Link #2
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Hope to see more Nagi.
Old 2009-05-22, 09:48   Link #3
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

For a second there I thought the episode already aired.

... it didn't air yet, right?
Old 2009-05-22, 10:36   Link #4
Serffix

It airs at 25:23. I believe it'll air in about 50mins
Old 2009-05-22, 14:30   Link #5
alamarco
Why hello there!

Good episode, but definitely not as good as last weeks. The cat was cute, but the episode was lacking. Maybe I was just used to seeing too much Hinagiku.

Next episode preview looked awesome. Get to see the nun again, and Saki, can't wait.
Old 2009-05-22, 14:33   Link #6
xellos2099

Just saw it, it cover 2 chapter pretty well. I am glad they included Gundam Seed joke as well.

Last edited by xellos2099; 2009-05-22 at 15:21.
Old 2009-05-22, 16:34   Link #7
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

So far this has been the worst ep I'd say, but even then it was still decent at the least.

I think my favorite part about Hayate no Gotoku is the synergy the cast has with each other. I don't really like Nagi and Isumi much when they're doing their own thing, but when they're running around with others they're good characters (though as far as Nagi goes, I only like her around Ayumu).
Old 2009-05-22, 16:59   Link #8
Mentar
Banned

Meh.

Thank god that we have some Hina and Isumi cuteness, and 2-3 good chuckles for the rest, but overall, certainly the weakest episode so far. And unfortunately, I can already predict that ep9 won't be much to write home about either. Why? Because we're back to season 1 setup. The secondary lineup is getting its due, but that means mostly-unrelated chuckle-cutesy filler eps without lasting impact or development.

Ah well. Next ep will be c84 and 86 (we had 85 in S1 already), with some more of the same. But then, we'll finally hit paydirt again starting with ep10, kicking off some more Ayumu/Hina developments. I'll be watching the grading and reviews, and I'm sure that eps 8+9 will be the weakest ones so far by a big margin.

(It doesn't really help my mood either that I can already predict that my entire saturday is shot typesetting this *grrr*. That's at least 5-6h, possibly more)
Old 2009-05-22, 17:40   Link #9
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*yawn*... Anime is near game over on nicodouga...

This episode... well, to be frank, besides the rare non-kimono Isumi near the end, there was very little to find interesting (like the above said, a few parts to chuckle over)... One point to watch might be the part where they stuffed a bunch of references into one scene though... There was a little Hina at the beginning too.

But that was about it... The rest was rather boring. At least that twin-tails... Umm... Na... Na... Na... something, Na-something finally got a heroine-like role this episode.
It's been so long since I heard Tama talk, I honestly wished he just didn't talk this episode... (-_-)

With Ayumu not appearing this episode, I finally confirmed that her perfect attendance from season 1 won't continue... (´・ω・`)
( #`Д´)........................................ ....

Preview: Ah, Siesta...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-05-23, 21:52   Link #10
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
This episode is worth JUST FOR TAMA! and we all missed him!

LOl he's been to all kinds of places... including comiket

禁則事項です
Old 2009-05-24, 12:08   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Meh i don't know why so many people dislike what we see in this episode. It's classic Hayate, and i mean first series and anime. Or is it people only want episodes focused on Hina? Well i'm glad they didn't only animate just that, because this episode shows that the story isn't all about her, and that cast members aren't ignored.

Either way this episode was brilliant just for the return of Tama, who hasn't done anything at all yet in this series. Great episode.
Old 2009-05-24, 14:07   Link #12
matteas
Member Member

I did not know that Hinagiku was born on Hina Matsuri XD

Nagi's cat raising is really very special.
Old 2009-05-24, 15:02   Link #13
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Meh i don't know why so many people dislike what we see in this episode. It's classic Hayate, and i mean first series and anime. Or is it people only want episodes focused on Hina? Well i'm glad they didn't only animate just that, because this episode shows that the story isn't all about her, and that cast members aren't ignored.

Either way this episode was brilliant just for the return of Tama, who hasn't done anything at all yet in this series. Great episode.
Well, we did already have an entire 52 ep season full of that kind of Hayate... I think it's safe to say the majority of the fans would prefer the other kind of Hayate for this second season.
Old 2009-05-24, 19:26   Link #14
Ashlotte
Clockwork

BAH they failed at drawing the kittys "Just as planned face"...When I read that chapter I couldn't stop laughing for so long...

Spoiler for Teh Kitty is EBIL!!!:

Darn J.C. try harder...Atleast Isumi was cute and the witch joke was unexpectedly mean from Nagi...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-05-24, 20:43   Link #15
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Nice Isumi and Sakuya episode. They were really cute this episode.
Old 2009-05-24, 21:31   Link #16
Hao

It was an alright episode. Good to see Tama back lol.

Just a quick question, in the beginning of this episode Hina's mom told Hayate that Hina's birthday was on March 3rd, and it seems Hayate didn't know this yet. But back in season 1 episode 48 or something, Nagi tells Hayate that Hina's birthday is on March 3rd, and then the episode ends showing the calendar already in March. Does this mean that this episode is before season 1's episode 48, and that Hayate somehow forgot about Hina's birthday?

Explanation plz
Old 2009-05-24, 21:46   Link #17
GDB

This is based on the manga, the bulk of season 1 wasn't.
Old 2009-05-25, 00:17   Link #18
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

This ep wasn´t as good as the ptrvious ones but still it was enttertaining i mean iit is pretty rare to see isumi with regular clothes.
I´m liking this season so far pretty good adaptation from source material.
Old 2009-05-25, 04:55   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao View Post
Just a quick question, in the beginning of this episode Hina's mom told Hayate that Hina's birthday was on March 3rd, and it seems Hayate didn't know this yet. But back in season 1 episode 48 or something, Nagi tells Hayate that Hina's birthday is on March 3rd, and then the episode ends showing the calendar already in March. Does this mean that this episode is before season 1's episode 48, and that Hayate somehow forgot about Hina's birthday?

Explanation plz
It's happened already in this second season when they shown Ayumu and Hina meeting for the first time, when in fact they met already thanks to anime original material in the first season. It's the same thing with Hina's birthday. I'n guessing they want you to forget about those events in the first series, which i personally don't agree on, though a lot of people will seeing how they dislike the first series.
Old 2009-05-25, 05:08   Link #20
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well good episode .
Isumi was cute . Some humor moments with Sukuya XD
Closed Thread