AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-10, 12:56   Link #40761
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I use openoffice

In terms of badass normals who fight IS... I did design all that equipment in the past...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 13:04   Link #40762
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I also use open office for some time, turns out conversion to Microsoft's is not perfect, ruining my schoolwork (it was back when my steam powered computer not cool enough to run 2007)

The only badass normal in my inventory is Dan.
Old 2013-03-10, 17:14   Link #40763
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
The only badass normal in my inventory is Dan.
I really want to see that someday
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 00:24   Link #40764
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Exactly what Stratos said, 1/3 of I.S. is about mech beating each other (2/3 being harem comedy and fanservice).
*cough*Attempt by Author to do both isn't that great*cough*

Quote:
Badass normal protagonist is not, however impossible, just require more unique plot.

Everyone summed this up already, making a badass normal a character require a subplot that does NOT involve I.S. getting into fray and have an epic fight.
And this is why Zero is smarter and better than me. He get the point through better than my pathetic babbling.
Old 2013-03-11, 05:37   Link #40765
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Greaaaaaattt. My brain just interpreted Eras' words as a challenge and came up with a badass normal character...

Brave Morrison (Yes his name is Brave)

Aged 26 and is a safety officer sent to police the monorail in ISA. He's part of a squad who specializes in neutralizing IS using improvised anti-IS weapons. They have been drafted to act as a last resort to any IS related offenses. It is not due to their effectiveness as a unit that they are delegated as such but their lack of effectiveness. Basically if nothing can stop the threat, they are there to die in hopes of slowing it down.
Old 2013-03-11, 06:05   Link #40766
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'll stick to Badass Unknowns. Like I said, I'm not yet capable of cooking up a decent plot centred around a normal person who stays normal throughout the whole story. I'm more comfortable with nameless characters popping out of nowhere and starts slamming that makes even the MC look like a rookie.
Old 2013-03-11, 06:17   Link #40767
demino_hellsin
That one guy

isn't that... a stu?
Old 2013-03-11, 06:52   Link #40768
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Depends on how you see it.

He/She appears only once, masked, nameless, barely any interaction with any character throughout the duration of their one and only appearance in the story.

Not a bad thing I'd say but that's my view.
Old 2013-03-11, 07:07   Link #40769
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I guess so

It seems more like WTF was that?
Old 2013-03-11, 07:11   Link #40770
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

But don't get me wrong though =3

I can understand why he/she can be called a Stu. Just that sometimes it irks me so bad that the term keeps getting mentioned like its a plague.
Old 2013-03-11, 07:24   Link #40771
demino_hellsin
That one guy

XD stus are kinda plaguey by nature since they turn a story stale easily. But balance is balance. Sometimes stus are awesome because EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER is a STU!.

In my case... I build unintentional stus hahaha
Old 2013-03-11, 11:36   Link #40772
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Stus aren't so bad, specially when other characters mop the floor with them.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 13:20   Link #40773
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
XD stus are kinda plaguey by nature since they turn a story stale easily. But balance is balance. Sometimes stus are awesome because EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER is a STU!.

In my case... I build unintentional stus hahaha
The problem is with Stu is the conflict part of the story.

Every story need a conflict.

It can be inner conflict (making the most moral choice between two immoral choices), conflict due to outside influence (aka Rival who is better than him) or just a problem which the character need to solve (aka, a broke pipe and the character is not a plumber so he go on a road trip to find one who is willing to work for free)

Stu is perfect and has no problem...so......where is the conflict?

Remember the destination is not important, it is the journey. A Stu can teleport to the end point and that is boring.

Edit:

I think deep inside, everybody wanted to see characters who work hard get what they deserve. If a character didn't struggle, the story is really kind of boring.....

(Sorry for such a short indept because I kind of forgot what I wanted to type T_T. It is kind of hard to remember when you have a weird dream with Zombies..etc.)

Unrelated note, I found out that Yu-gi-oh is the easiest fanfic I could type.... I think it's because of the overall weirdness of the series. -_-

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-03-12 at 07:06.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 08:05   Link #40774
Eratas123

The Non-H IS doujins are awesome Hell, I can't believe I'd ever see the day where the girls:

1. They act like FRIENDS! Seriously, they had a frigging new years party and Ichika was nowhere nearby. Didn't stop them from having fun, though they did all sleep in the Kotatsu and get colds.

2. Rin is both the butt monkey and the only sane girl. All the other four, especially Laura, act really silly and indulge in hypocritical humor. Laura's stupidity is frigging hilarious, especially when she does things like calling others on gaining weight....despite getting a balloon belly and munching on potato chips right as she says it.

On a more related note, the next chapter for Reversal is underway, and I need advice: I planned to give Chifuyu about 8 swords: 4 now and 4 after second shift, but after that I'm stumped. Any tech tips?
Old 2013-03-12, 08:14   Link #40775
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Eight identical swords or are each of them going to be a different type? Because eight does seem a little too... spiky. Unless they're Sword Bits that is.
Old 2013-03-12, 08:17   Link #40776
demino_hellsin
That one guy

... I feel like I know where this is going D:
Old 2013-03-12, 09:46   Link #40777
Eratas123

Different types Also, funny that you comment on spikiness: The name of the IS is the Iron Maiden

Oh, and what do you mean Demi?
Old 2013-03-12, 10:05   Link #40778
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Exia 7 sword + 1

XD

Well we all love hacing tons of swords. So yeah haha.
Old 2013-03-12, 10:07   Link #40779
Eratas123

Yeah, except this time Chifuyu is female, so no 'Compensating for something' jokes.
Old 2013-03-12, 11:17   Link #40780
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Wonder if I should consolidate all my male OC's for the cake eater sidestory?

Aries Layfare - the "first" male IS pilot. Hero

Brave Morrison - the cool "uncle". Goofy good guy.

Rong - the child "terrorist". Amoral vigilante.

Croixas Eisenstahl - the "mad" scientist. Supportive conscience.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest