AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-16, 00:50   Link #7661
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Proof that scouts are unsung heroes xD
Old 2013-03-16, 00:55   Link #7662
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Amen to that.

And a tutorial fight?

This is really just going for the SRW route all the way man.

I'm getting the Elzam beating on Aerogaters fight vibes real bad here.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 00:58   Link #7663
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

If Touma's gathering info, then he's useless and not a main chara o.O
SAid Normal Sailors.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:10   Link #7664
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Finally watched the full chapter. My opinion still stands, this chapter finally gave Cypha some legitimate badass points because she finally get to face an opponent on equal conditions and showed just how superior she is to Quinn.
Wouldn't beating Signum do that better than a member of the joke villain team? Neither of the fights were equal, but at least one had a reputation of more than one chapter.

Assuming you don't have a completely absurd mindset about that character anyway.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 01:12   Link #7665
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Assuming you don't have a completely absurd mindset about that character anyway.
C'mon, remember who you're talking to, Justin. >.>
Old 2013-03-16, 01:16   Link #7666
Justin_Brett

That'sthejoke.jpg

Them trying to make her look cool kinda rang hollow to me, personally. I was liking her a little more after that line in the last chapter, too.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:25   Link #7667
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Wouldn't beating Signum do that better than a member of the joke villain team? Neither of the fights were equal, but at least one had a reputation of more than one chapter.

Well, i'm meaning equal conditions as in ...having both a powerset that work equally fine so what they decided the outcome was their skill and understanding of EC powers. In this case Cypha won because she's more experienced, skilled and stronger than Quinn rather than possesing an unfair advantage. So yeah, i can call this a legitimate victory on Cypha's favor (her opponent was left with no chance to continue the fight).

Cypha cheated Signum with her EC powers on their first match and Signum cheated Cypha with the AEC-Gladiator on their rematch.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2013-03-16 at 01:37.
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 01:28   Link #7668
Justin_Brett

Cheated...Cypha...
Old 2013-03-16, 01:29   Link #7669
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Signum balancing out the Eclipse using AEC is... cheating...?

I... what... no... ow. Ow. Aneurysm. Ow.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:58   Link #7670
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Man, have an aspirin! And start working on ch4 so I can bombard the living daylights out of you when you're done! so we can have something nice to chew on again!

Quote:
Cypha cheated Signum with her EC powers on their first match and Signum cheated Cypha with the AEC-Gladiator on their rematch.
I'm not sure which school of logic you subscribe to, bub. But from Earth where we come from, you don't claim the other side cheated when you get beat down in a no-holds barred first encounter.

And neither is it cheating to come up with a counter-strategy to get your own back once you've figured the other man out. Now, do you need a World Cultures Encyclopedia? I'm pretty sure they sell it down at the Infinite Library, just call 1800-SCRYA to find out more.

Last edited by XenahortCharybdis; 2013-03-16 at 02:02. Reason: Dammit, Lhklan, I was editing it in! XD
Old 2013-03-16, 02:00   Link #7671
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
I'm not sure which school of logic you subscribe to, bub. But from Earth where we come from, you don't claim the other side cheated when you get beat down in a no-holds barred first encounter.
Nor does developping/gaining a way to counter the other side's power.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 02:13   Link #7672
Kurohane

^ I believe he said that too, and I agree. I mean if you think about it there's no such thing as a "fair" fight.
Old 2013-03-16, 02:17   Link #7673
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ I believe he said that too, and I agree. I mean if you think about it there's no such thing as a "fair" fight.
Actually, when I posted that I didn't saw that part.

And yeah, a "fair" fight feels like an oxymoron to me.
Old 2013-03-16, 02:23   Link #7674
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

In the Middle Ages, "fair" exists in a fight.

Today, I don't know the meaning of "fair", so I'll grab this AEC and hit the Eclipse on the head.
Old 2013-03-16, 02:25   Link #7675
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

No, Lhklan, you didn't miss anything at the time you posted...I was editing my post at that moment.

Anyway, to clarify, what Aki (he says) actually meant is that he believes that the AEC is not the only legitimate way in which Signum and the rest of the cast can defeat the Eclipse infectees.

So yeah, let's leave him to elaborate on and defend that point instead of beating a dead -and misunderstood- dog.

And if I'm not mistaken "fair" in the Middle Ages was the process of negotiating rather basic rules of engagement such as what weapons to use and the conditions of victory. There were still loads of loopholes you could exploit.

Same then, same today. Same in everyone's favorite Nanohaverse. That's what I think at least.

Last edited by XenahortCharybdis; 2013-03-16 at 02:44. Reason: NOTE: So I see this argument has actually been ongoing for a long, long time.
Old 2013-03-16, 02:36   Link #7676
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Anyway, to clarify, what Aki (he says) actually meant is that he believes that the AEC is not the only legitimate way in which Signum and the rest of the cast can defeat the Eclipse infectees.
I'm thankfull for the support but i almost dried out most of my ideas already. Still, the own manga has stablished some options worthy of consideration. EC power can dispell magic but can't dispell collateral effects or damage (at least that's what was implied when Hayate was about to launch the Heimdall) ...and it's the main reason behind the effectiveness of Isis's attacks ...sure, they're made of chemicals but the pretty flying birds are held togheter trough magic ...ordinary, conventional magic to boot but it works because explosions are just that.

Then there's Bardiche which is the living proof old devices can be optimized to fight the Eclipse and so far the 5th Gen upgrade has proven to be far more effective than most AEC-units present on the battlefield (with Fate being the most successful in fighting the Huckebein so far). It was also explicity mentioned said upgrade was more optimal to mages who posses a "Mana Conversion Affinity (MCA)" ...so it escapes from my limited comprehension why Signum got the Gladiator instead of an upgraded Laevatein.

Being so relaint on an AEC-unit means she acknowledges Cypha is too much for her to handle so she uses the Gladiator to compensate for her flaws as a fighter.

Quote:
And lol, "fair" in the Middle Ages was the process of negotiating rather basic rules of engagement such as what weapons to use and the conditions of victory. There were still loads of loopholes you could exploit. Same then, same today, same in everyone's favorite Nanohaverse.

Yup, basically this Eclipse VS. Section Six looks more and more like a confrontation between two corrupt forces. No surprise both sides tend to play dirty that much.

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-03-16, 02:43   Link #7677
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Being so relaint on an AEC-unit means she acknowledges Cypha is too much for her to handle so she uses the Gladiator to compensate for her flaws as a fighter.
At this point, I'm pretty sure you're trolling.

She use the AEC, you said that she's compensating. And for me, if she doesn't do it, I call her stupid. Beside, it's still a sword. So she still need to user her sword skills to win.

There's "Skill surpassing power", but there's also "Power that can not be surpassed by skills alone".
Old 2013-03-16, 02:48   Link #7678
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
There's "Skill surpassing power", but there's also "Power that can not be surpassed by skills alone".
Which means the credit of the fight goes to the equipement rather than the wielder itself.

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-03-16, 02:51   Link #7679
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Which means the credit of the fight goes to the equipement rather than the wielder itself.
Did you even read my phrase before that? The sword is just that, a sword. You still need the skills of the user to win.

Beside, unless the sword is sentient and can take control of the user, it's useless if the user is knocked out.
Old 2013-03-16, 03:04   Link #7680
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Beside, unless the sword is sentient and can take control of the user, it's useless if the user is knocked out.
Aaaand that's why Devices are so awesome xD!

I would like to know why they got rid of the main advantage of the devices ...i mean ok, the AEC-units serve the purpouse of letting squishy mages/knights a chance to stand up against EC Drivers. But one of the main advantages of devices was the fact they can voluntarily help thier masters in a moment of need (Mach Caliber being a great example) and also being able to put their own determination to accomplish tasks usually beyond their perceived capabilities (kudos to Graf Eisen at the craddle, the cracked outclassed Hammer managed to invoke the gooddess of fortune by sheer force of will at the very last moment).

Raising Heart at least got a decent assignment helping Nanoha with the coordination of the Fortress sub-units ...but i wonder what Laevatein, Graf Eisen, Cross Mirage, Strada or Kerykeion has been doing all this time xDU

Synch with the AEC-equipement so this can work as a supportive unit to the main devices sounds like a pretty neat idea, hope Shari wises up on oncoming chapters xD

~The ASFB~

Tags
manga, nanoha force