AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-09, 03:07   Link #61
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
The crazy grandma's name is "Kaji". "Kaji" also means "destructive fire" in Japanese, coincidence?
While her name is Kaji, it is not "火事" (fire). If you check the credits, "梶井" is how her name is written.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-09, 03:25   Link #62
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
While her name is Kaji, it is not "火事" (fire). If you check the credits, "梶井" is how her name is written.
Of course it's not the exact kanji, I would've seriously loled. If her Kaji actually was 火事 this wouldn't really be speculation.

She also plays into the mysticism that surrounds Nanaka's family, who runs the temple. An example would be the way she was looking at the TV when Nanaka performed, which creeped me out almost as much as Higurashi.
Old 2007-12-09, 03:31   Link #63
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Of course it's not the exact kanji, I would've seriously loled. If her Kaji actually was 火事 this wouldn't really be speculation.

She also plays into the mysticism that surrounds Nanaka's family, who runs the temple. An example would be the way she was looking at the TV when Nanaka performed, which creeped me out almost as much as Higurashi.
Hmm... As a play on words, I understand, but according to ep10, Kaji mentioned that she gave time for the wish to come true. When it didn't come true, she started to use sacrifices like birds. During this episode, she finally snapped and went for humans.

I can't find any real reason for her to commit arson, because she had not started using sacrifices at the time of the fire.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-09, 04:21   Link #64
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hmm... As a play on words, I understand, but according to ep10, Kaji mentioned that she gave time for the wish to come true. When it didn't come true, she started to use sacrifices like birds. During this episode, she finally snapped and went for humans.

I can't find any real reason for her to commit arson, because she had not started using sacrifices at the time of the fire.
Yeah, I don't think there is a direct link present between them just yet. However, all interaction between Nanaka and Kaji Baa-san has been really strange and tense. That isn't even considering her possible connections to Nanaka's extended family

Spoiler for Nanaka's Family:
Old 2007-12-14, 18:06   Link #65
DanielSong39

More speculations:

1. Aoi was the arsonist from years ago; makes another attempt at Nanaka's life
2. Nanaka traumatized once again; turns to Asami for comfort
3. Asami switches over to Nanaka and is accepted
4. Sana is heartbroken and tries to commit suicide
5. Hinako interrupts Sana's attempt... and 'tis the start of a beautiful "friendship"
6. A year later, Shuu and Shuri return... with a child
Old 2007-12-18, 09:52   Link #66
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
New theory!

Spoiler for ep 9:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
My basic idea is similar to yours: I think the uncle is related to the fire, but not the one who started the fire.
We all have similar basic idea but for different reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
More speculations:

5. Hinako interrupts Sana's attempt... and 'tis the start of a beautiful "friendship"
And if any of these twisted speculations come true will you give it a 10?
Old 2007-12-19, 13:32   Link #67
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
More speculations:

4. Sana is heartbroken and tries to commit suicide
Lets hope for not another School Days storyline i hope not but to be honest it has to be a quick punchy storyline as it ends in 2 episodes, Any news on a second series as of yet???
Old 2007-12-26, 22:32   Link #68
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Speaking of School Days, want to guess who is the culprit behind all the mess in Myself; Yourself?

It's Itou Makoto!

If you don't believe what i've said, go and check the opening credits of Myself; Yourself. Among the producers (プロデューサー), you shall find his name.
Old 2007-12-27, 01:58   Link #69
DanielSong39

Horribly disappointed that the show did not get a BAD ending.

The show was ruined beyond the point of redemption by episode 11, and a BAD ending was the only way to save it for me. Alas, it didn't happen.
Old 2007-12-27, 18:28   Link #70
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Horribly disappointed that the show did not get a BAD ending.

The show was ruined beyond the point of redemption by episode 11, and a BAD ending was the only way to save it for me. Alas, it didn't happen.
I think a bad ending would of ruined it because all the other episodes before were a happy type and then with an ending of a death would have mad this even worse then it ended.
Closed Thread