AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Itachi now?
I like Itachi even more! 97 36.74%
I still like Itachi but less than before 26 9.85%
I liked Itachi and I still like him exactly as before 45 17.05%
I don't like him anymore, he is just another psycho 36 13.64%
I didn't like Itachi before but he's growing on me now 18 6.82%
I never liked Itachi and it sure didn't change my poor opinion of him! 14 5.30%
Meh, I don't really care about him either way 28 10.61%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-28, 11:16   Link #201
Kishimyu
Inactive Member

Didnt Itachi loath war, because he experienced the third ninja war when he was a child, and say countless of people slaughtered?
so given the choice between war and the death of his clan, he chose....well we all know
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 12:19   Link #202
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishimyu View Post
Didnt Itachi loath war, because he experienced the third ninja war when he was a child, and say countless of people slaughtered?
so given the choice between war and the death of his clan, he chose....well we all know
Yes, exactly.
Old 2008-12-28, 13:40   Link #203
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
He didn't kill an entire village, he killed his own clan members, because they were planning a coup d'état which would have caused war and he was ordered to kill them and had to make a difficult choice, but without this decision, even more people would have died, so he decided to do it at all costs.

Can I ask you one question, please? You're talking about the Bible all the time. Have you even read one Naruto manga or do you know from hearsay?
so now that you've lost the main argument you are trying to win a few points by correcting me on a word I used? Uchiha village, nothing wrong with calling it that. Villages consist of anywhere from 5 to 30 families.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village...ional_villages
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 14:48   Link #204
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
so now that you've lost the main argument you are trying to win a few points by correcting me on a word I used? Uchiha village, nothing wrong with calling it that. Villages consist of anywhere from 5 to 30 families.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village...ional_villages
Do you want cheese for your w(h)ine?
Uchiha lived in a separate district inside Konoha "village".
Enjoy reading, please.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District
Old 2008-12-28, 16:04   Link #205
nutype
Future MD

Not sure why you're still talking when I owned you in argument. If I were you I'd just silently bow out of the conversation out of embarrassment or simply admit fault and praise me for correcting you. You're a stubborn one.
Old 2008-12-28, 16:15   Link #206
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Not sure why you're still talking when I owned you in argument. If I were you I'd just silently bow out of the conversation out of embarrassment or simply admit fault and praise me for correcting you. You're a stubborn one.
I guess you won't give in ever. You're like a fanatic, maybe you are one. I don't know you well enough to tell, but I can tell that I am nothing but a mirror to you. I guess there's no way but to accept that we have different opinions and evade each other.

Can you agree on that or are you still determined to declare your unrecognized superiority?
Old 2008-12-28, 16:16   Link #207
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Hmm... still don't like, never really was fond of men who paint their nails D:
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 16:31   Link #208
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I guess you won't give in ever. You're like a fanatic, maybe you are one. I don't know you well enough to tell, but I can tell that I am nothing but a mirror to you. I guess there's no way but to accept that we have different opinions and evade each other.

Can you agree on that or are you still determined to declare your unrecognized superiority?
Obviously there is only one truth. Either I am right or I am wrong. To say that my opinion has equal weight as any other persons is fallicious. We dont determine truth via consensus, it's based on evidence and facts. The evidence is actually on my side. Jesus never killed anyone according to the bible. Stretching Itachi to Jesus is like me stretching the creation myth to evolution or stretching a flat world to a spherical one it just cant be done unless you are really self-deluded.
Old 2008-12-28, 16:55   Link #209
mrsticky005
Banned

Itachi=Jesus

Itachi is a great character but he is nowhere remotely close to being like Jesus.
I don't mean to get religious but since you guys already brought it up:

Itachi killed his entire clan but saved one person.
Jesus gave his one and only life so all people could be saved.

Itachi killed only in self-defense.
Jesus NEVER killed. Not even in self-defense.

Itachi never said he was God.
Jesus said he was God.

Itachi died a somewhat honorable death.
There was nothing honorable about Jesus's death. It was pure humiliation.

Itachi took the blame for two people.
Jesus took the blame for all people.

Itachi is not the leader of Akatsuki.
Jesus was the leader of his disciples.

I probably could go on but you should get the point. The only thing that makes Itachi even slightly close to Jesus is that they both can do miraculous things- such as walking on water.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 17:03   Link #210
Kishimyu
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
I probably could go on but you should get the point. The only thing that makes Itachi even slightly close to Jesus is that they both can do miraculous things- such as walking on water.
lolz in that case there must be lots of Jesus' in the Naruto universe
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 17:30   Link #211
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

No matter about being close to Jesus or like Jesus, it comes down Itachi was a bad mother****er. He wanted Sasuke to live to kill him and let himself be killed.
tensashinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 23:45   Link #212
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Obviously there is only one truth. Either I am right or I am wrong. To say that my opinion has equal weight as any other persons is fallicious. We dont determine truth via consensus, it's based on evidence and facts. The evidence is actually on my side. Jesus never killed anyone according to the bible. Stretching Itachi to Jesus is like me stretching the creation myth to evolution or stretching a flat world to a spherical one it just cant be done unless you are really self-deluded.
I agree that the comparison's with the son of god is out there... but from my understanding... like all great martyr's they are people who have sacrificed there lives for the well being of others... although done in a radical manner, we least remember that this is a ninja story... so in the context of this universe the sacrifice is similar to that of any martyr whether it is jesus or whomever... he ripped himself raw of every human emotion, broke every bond he ever had for that dream of peace... lets not forget he can walk on water jks..

Quote:
Itachi=Jesus

Itachi is a great character but he is nowhere remotely close to being like Jesus.
I don't mean to get religious but since you guys already brought it up:

Itachi killed his entire clan but saved one person.
Jesus gave his one and only life so all people could be saved.
Well itachi did kill his entire clan... but he also gave his life so many people could be saved... a civil war between the uchiha and konoha would have led to many deaths.. maybe even the collapse of the village.. and what I meant by he gave his life... Itachi's life after what he did, was over... he could no longer be a normal person, nor tell his brother he loved him... his entire sense of self had diminished... and all he lived for was to make sure that his village remained protected...

Quote:
Itachi killed only in self-defense.
Jesus NEVER killed. Not even in self-defense.
We have never seen itachi kill anyone after the massacre of his clan.. and remember jesus wasn't a ninja.. and btw naruto hasn't killed anyone yet either maybe hes the son of god lol jks

Quote:
Itachi never said he was God.
Jesus said he was God.
Jesus never said he was god... he always worshiped the lord.. and eventually became apart of god.. he never stood up and said "I Am God"... he preached that he was the son of god, or the messiah but never did he proclaim to be the almighty lord himself.. plus I know a few flat mates who think itachi is god lol

Quote:
Itachi died a somewhat honorable death.
There was nothing honorable about Jesus's death. It was pure humiliation.
how is i Itachi death honorable, knowing his brother hated him... or how the village he fought to protect loathed him... there was nothing honorable about his death they both sacrificed every sense of humility to save the ones they loved..

Quote:
Itachi took the blame for two people.
Jesus took the blame for all people.
Actually not only 2 people... he saved the respect of his clan... who were planning to take over... he took blame for the elders...

And yes jesus died for our sins... a greater scale.. but they both bit the bullet as they say..
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 01:02   Link #213
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
Jesus never said he was god... he always worshiped the lord.. and eventually became apart of god.. he never stood up and said "I Am God"... he preached that he was the son of god, or the messiah but never did he proclaim to be the almighty lord himself.. plus I know a few flat mates who think itachi is god lol

I'm finding this troubling. According to the bible Jesus is God. I'm sure you are aware of the "trinity" that says God is the father, the son, and the holy spirit.

So basically Jesus IS God.

Whether he called himself "the son of God" is not relevant. He is still God. Calling himself the son of God is synonymous to calling himself God because of the trinity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

So if the trinity is true, Jesus was worshipping himself. Hilarity ensues.
Old 2008-12-29, 01:18   Link #214
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
I'm finding this troubling. According to the bible Jesus is God. I'm sure you are aware of the "trinity" that says God is the father, the son, and the holy spirit.

So basically Jesus IS God.

Whether he called himself "the son of God" is not relevant. He is still God. Calling himself the son of God is synonymous to calling himself God because of the trinity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

So if the trinity is true, Jesus was worshipping himself. Hilarity ensues.
Well true.. but he never once states he is god.. which is what i meant.. and yes the father, son and holy spirit are supposedly 3 different essence of the being... but micky said jesus suggest he was god.. which isnt true...

Also this link you have kindly provided (Which im not totally aware if is allowed on forums but idk)... states some believe jesus to have had 2 wills, one as a human and one as god... thus makes sense to fact he never related to himself as god... because he was human as well..

however I was just showing that although he comparing itachi and jesus is rather imprudent... his examples actually made them look rather similar...
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 01:56   Link #215
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
Well true.. but he never once states he is god.. which is what i meant.. and yes the father, son and holy spirit are supposedly 3 different essence of the being... but micky said jesus suggest he was god.. which isnt true...

Also this link you have kindly provided (Which im not totally aware if is allowed on forums but idk)... states some believe jesus to have had 2 wills, one as a human and one as god... thus makes sense to fact he never related to himself as god... because he was human as well..

however I was just showing that although he comparing itachi and jesus is rather imprudent... his examples actually made them look rather similar...
Okay let's just get back to the heart of the argument. I really cringe everytime when I hear a character from a movie or manga compared to Jesus when he/she makes some kind of altruistic sacrifice.

You can practically pull out ANY character and compare them to Jesus in this way. Naruto is hurting himself to catch sasuke....omg he is just like Jesus!! Omg the hokage protecting the village at the cost of his own life, that's just like Jesus!!!! It's just endless and vacuous. I wish we'd all stop comparing everyone to Jesus everytime they make a sacrifice...that's all.
Old 2008-12-29, 07:23   Link #216
Blerghovic
Meh

Can everyone please stop the 'Jesus comparisons'? I mean, Itachi's incredibly awesome, brave, honorable etc. but there's no need to compare him to Jesus.

And oh, the lulz in this line :

Quote:
I wish we'd all stop comparing everyone to Jesus everytime they make a sacrifice...that's all.
Blerghovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 08:34   Link #217
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

He's dead I could care less.
Old 2008-12-29, 09:33   Link #218
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
He's dead I could care less.
But he lives on in everyone's heart just like Jesus...
Old 2008-12-29, 11:39   Link #219
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
But he lives on in everyone's heart just like Jesus...
He's also a character in a book who some people don't believe in... just like the J-man.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 19:46   Link #220
AnbuItachi

He died too early =) , he had so much potential, there was no need for him to just drop dead like that. he coulda killed the 3 elders himself easily. he should have just done that... but hes too obedient =(
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote