AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-01-25, 07:47   Link #2201
tsunade666

^ so far that's true >.> or near to the truth.

In the last battle Kaname uses 10 light sabre or something similar? as a weapon. They still use guns because the butei can use special bullets just like Aria who current ordered and uses one. Special bullets are modified to be powerful and had different use. The guns can also be modified and upgraded though I won't be surprised if I read one in the future with laser beam guns -_- well >.> they already had light saber.
Old 2012-01-25, 07:57   Link #2202
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Ten light sabers? That's putting even General Grievous to shame.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 08:46   Link #2203
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I want to cry! There's not even a single illustration of GIII even though he's the final boss of vol. 11. That's why I always thought LN needs more illustrations! They're too lazy to do it!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 08:57   Link #2204
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Spoiler for GIII:

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 09:07   Link #2205
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
That's why I always thought LN needs more illustrations! They're too lazy to do it!
Wow, that's rather pretentious don't you think?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 10:04   Link #2206
tsunade666

it's a novel to begin with so it's better to use your imagination to picture it..... though there is no translation for it >.> but from what flere said. He looks alike Kinji and Kinichi (without the wig) well GIII is the 3rd in the G lines.

Hikari that's Watson right?
Old 2012-01-25, 11:55   Link #2207
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

No, that's GIII. I'm pretty sure. I think. (I can't remember.)

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2012-01-25, 12:07   Link #2208
tsunade666

that's GIII? but that's from the volume of watson. Did G III already appeared from that time aside from the meeting of Bandire? Then who is he stepping on? Kinji?
Old 2012-01-25, 12:48   Link #2209
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ So the story finally bids farewell to the world of guns.
It has been like that since Volume 2.

Well, that's clearly an exaggeration.
But I wished they did not add the supernatural elements in the series and stick to whodunnit plot style like in the first volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
that's GIII? but that's from the volume of watson. Did G III already appeared from that time aside from the meeting of Bandire? Then who is he stepping on? Kinji?
Yes, that is Watson and she is stepping on Kinji. But is she a GIII?
Old 2012-01-25, 12:57   Link #2210
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
No, that's GIII. I'm pretty sure. I think. (I can't remember.)
i tough you were joking,it's indeed watson from vol.8 climax.
if you want more illustration,you can always ask them to jeanne,she'll be glad to oblige(but i would recommand reki,personnaly).
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 13:55   Link #2211
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Huh, is she. I can't remember anything from Volumes >7, so nevermind me ^^

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2012-01-25, 17:28   Link #2212
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ so far that's true >.> or near to the truth.

In the last battle Kaname uses 10 light sabre or something similar? as a weapon. They still use guns because the butei can use special bullets just like Aria who current ordered and uses one. Special bullets are modified to be powerful and had different use. The guns can also be modified and upgraded though I won't be surprised if I read one in the future with laser beam guns -_- well >.> they already had light saber.
Kaname has a total of 14 high-tech swords. She only used 5 of them in the LNs so far, and even then she only used 4 swords at once at most.

Beam guns, Kinji actually expected G III to use one against him I wouldn't be surprised if those things exist here as well.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 19:30   Link #2213
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
But I wished they did not add the supernatural elements in the series and stick to whodunnit plot style like in the first volume.
Another problem is that there's no in-story explanation for the technology used in the series. The closest we got to that is the girl who illegally modified Kinji's Beretta to allow a sort of burst mode. It ends up looking like the stuff we see is shoved into the plot for the Cool Factor.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 01:35   Link #2214
tsunade666

The irokane's are considered mystery too and the special bullets are butei special bullets but no explanation on who made it or how they made it. Special bullets had lots of variety and use and the most I prominent that I remember is the special bullets that Kinichi gave Kinji to beat up Holmes. Kinji uses a point black or close range bullet on Holmes and the bullet produce a huge explosion. How the heck that small bullet of a baretta contained that much fire power.

Well I will just ignore it just how in other works where they try to explain in science but fail. It's still cool for me but not uncool when magic was used. Really, though the exciting part when the magic is used then you will expect a magic user to beat him/her >.> where did kinji go <.< he should be able to deduce the weakness on it but the rule for choutei battle is to let a choutei to take care of it.

I would like to see a battle between choutei and a butei.

So Kaname has 14 light sabers and the most she used is 4. Still they all had that high tech works but they didn't explain on how advance the world is. Like the technology behind even a bit. In other works they explain that the city is advance in technology but in hidan no aria's world. You get the feel that it's a NORMAL WORLD!!!! BUT IT'S NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Failure in setting? <.< oh well.. ... waiting for next volume.
Old 2012-01-27, 19:56   Link #2215
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Spoiler for GIII:
Isn't that Watson!?

And well, LN is different from normal novels that at least LN have illustrations unlike novels that tend to have none. It's just that I think there's not enough illustrations for important characters that aren't girls wearing weird costumes or ecchi scenes. This LN also focus on action so they should show more action scene. I suppose illustrators don't think it's important and leave these scenes for mangaka or anime studio when making adaptation instead.
Old 2012-01-28, 13:40   Link #2216
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Spoiler for GIII:
Moths of Buddha, that is actually WATSON!?

...Didn't check the illustrations for the non-TLed versions...
Old 2012-01-30, 20:05   Link #2217
Athena
The Power of One

...back to work.

Last edited by Athena; 2012-02-11 at 12:28.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 12:26   Link #2218
Athena
The Power of One

Anyone knows where GIII and GIV were at the beginning of Volume 10?
Old 2012-02-14, 12:54   Link #2219
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Anyone knows where GIII and GIV were at the beginning of Volume 10?
Sorry, I have no idea.

BTW, Hidan no Aria's unique charm is the place where they have final showdown imo. It's mostly on vehicles, and I really like the fight scenes because of how awesome the fight is as well as the environment that's been described. I foolishly chose to study in vehicle engineering because of that despite not having any experience.

In vol. 1, it starts with a bicycle, then a bus (Isuzu bus, the main brand for bus in Thailand, I really like it since the author doesn't care about the possible silly lawsuit) and the final showdown on a passenger plane.

In vol. 2, they have final showdown in underground facility, with tons of explosive materials.

In vol. 3, they have bike chase against a wolf, then battle on the skyscraper.

In vol. 4, they have fights on the boats.

In vol. 5, I used to think it's the most awesome fight ever, final showdown against the bigbad in the largest-class submarine with ICBM launch bases decorated as Greek pillars like Greek Pantheon with opera music.

In vol. 6, nothing special...

In vol. 7, the bullet train, the fight on the roof of bullet train sounds awesome. Just so you know, I'm not good with high speed that when sitting on bikes or cars accelerated to over 120 km/h will make my heart feels bad, I can't handle G-force very well. Now think about how risky it is to fight n the roof of bullet train that keeps accelerating to over 350 km/h.

In vol. 8, well, I don't know what really happen. But it's against Watson so it shouldn't be as exciting as the rest.

In vol. 9, again with skyscraper, Vlad and his daughter seem to love high place.

In vol. 10, no major fights...

In vol. 11, the fight on the stealth aircraft that's being destroyed on high atmosphere with fire from the aircraft, ice from low temperature and thunder right below cloud is super awesome, top even the final showdown in vol. 5 against Sherlock, and this time it's someone who's ridiculously strong too.

What's your expectation for vol. 12 to be?

I bet the last fight will be on spacecraft or the rift between time and dimension.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:53   Link #2220
HasuMasu
*Artist

Good point about the places, I never really noticed.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen