Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-12, 20:07   Link #21
reinloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander 598
You really put alot of thought into that.
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/f-2.htm

If the JSDF is really going to get into the space business, things could get interesting alot faster.

2020 for a another moon landing? NASA is seeming a bit pathetic these days.
LOL The F-2 is nothing more than a glorified F-16 (actually performs even worse) and a token aircraft to keep their military aviation industry afloat. They aren't even procuring up to the originally planned numbers.
Old 2006-06-12, 20:31   Link #22
Nesty

what i find funny in all of this "keep in checked thing" is when i watched CNN's World's most wanted men haha and when they showed the 3 al quada members, everyone thought it was more so to do with just america's most wnated men haha!
Old 2006-06-12, 20:46   Link #23
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Someone set us up the Genesis!
Old 2006-06-13, 02:30   Link #24
true_cricket
Zeonist

Send a message via MSN to true_cricket
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancer3018
The lack of a homeland security from previous US leaders is what led to 9/11. With this "Homeland Security bullshit" we have stopped several terrorists attacks. The USA has a right to protect itself from enemies all around the globe. If it takes Orbital Weapons Systems to insure that no country will kill innocent Americans then I am all for building them. To insist that the US needs to be "checked" on by other countries is absured. The USA has never used WMDs recklessly. While several other countries have even used them on their own people (i.e Iraq) or threatened to wipe other countries off the globe (i.e Iran).
I think you should moderate what you say, because this is not a US forum but an international one, if you look at the countries of the users, and we do not think... hum... exactly the same as you, you know, even if we are citizen of allied countries.
Old 2006-06-13, 05:49   Link #25
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
I feel more comfortable with them in space than I do the America or Communist countries in space.
"Communist countries"???

By definition, a country can't be Communist, merely a community, since one of the main principles of Communism is the dismantling of the national state.

China was never Communist, North Korea was never Communist, the Soviet Union was never Communist.

Quote:
LOL The F-2 is nothing more than a glorified F-16 (actually performs even worse) and a token aircraft to keep their military aviation industry afloat.
The F-2 performs far better than the F-16, and it has a brand new airframe. It can carry more, and heavier ordinance, thanks to the strengthened wing. The thrust-weight ratio of the two aircraft are almost the same. It has a longer combat range as well.

The program has had problems with the structural integrity of some aircrafts, and it being over-budget, but that's basically it.

Quote:
The lack of a homeland security from previous US leaders is what led to 9/11.
Greetings, dear victim of propaganda!

The US administrations meddling in the affairs of other countries without accepting any consequences or finishing the job they decided to start in the second half of the 20th century led to 9/11. What, you think Usama bin Laden just woke up one day and decided to hate America?

Quote:
If it takes Orbital Weapons Systems to insure that no country will kill innocent Americans then I am all for building them.
Too bad you're a signee of a resolution to ban weapons in space. As is Japan.

The military applications couldn't be about orbital weapons system.

Quote:
The USA has never used WMDs recklessly.
"Recklessly"? You used them to force a surrender out of Japan by destroying their morale through the means of killing civilians. You torched Tokyo with fire bombs, killing hundreds of thousands in just that raid. American bombers partook in the bombings of civilian targets in Germany. The USA has sponsored several overthrows of democratically elected governments and has backed dictators all around the world, and continue to do so today, as long as it serves its purposes.

Yeah, very valiant defenders of freedom the US is. Wake up and smell the roses American, your country is as shitty as anyone elses... Actually, it's more shitty, due to some of the reasons I have listed.

And I don't even hate America! Just think of how the people who actually DO hate America thinks regarding these subjects.
Old 2006-06-13, 11:49   Link #26
Huhtis
Keron will rise!

Military in space, goddamn that sounds sweet!

At year 2015 JODF (Orbital Defence Forces ) will have newest space warfare technology called "Zaku".

Then Amerikans will laugh at Japs saying "Zaku? What a retarded name!" and NASA will start project V to develop counterpart against Zakus.

But when they start building up there something big AKA. Genesis then im starting to worry.
Old 2006-06-13, 12:09   Link #27
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
"Communist countries"???

By definition, a country can't be Communist, merely a community, since one of the main principles of Communism is the dismantling of the national state.

China was never Communist, North Korea was never Communist, the Soviet Union was never Communist.

The F-2 performs far better than the F-16, and it has a brand new airframe. It can carry more, and heavier ordinance, thanks to the strengthened wing. The thrust-weight ratio of the two aircraft are almost the same. It has a longer combat range as well.

The program has had problems with the structural integrity of some aircrafts, and it being over-budget, but that's basically it.

Greetings, dear victim of propaganda!

The US administrations meddling in the affairs of other countries without accepting any consequences or finishing the job they decided to start in the second half of the 20th century led to 9/11. What, you think Usama bin Laden just woke up one day and decided to hate America?

Too bad you're a signee of a resolution to ban weapons in space. As is Japan.

The military applications couldn't be about orbital weapons system.

"Recklessly"? You used them to force a surrender out of Japan by destroying their morale through the means of killing civilians. You torched Tokyo with fire bombs, killing hundreds of thousands in just that raid. American bombers partook in the bombings of civilian targets in Germany. The USA has sponsored several overthrows of democratically elected governments and has backed dictators all around the world, and continue to do so today, as long as it serves its purposes.

Yeah, very valiant defenders of freedom the US is. Wake up and smell the roses American, your country is as shitty as anyone elses... Actually, it's more shitty, due to some of the reasons I have listed.

And I don't even hate America! Just think of how the people who actually DO hate America thinks regarding these subjects.

I think I'm starting to like you.
Old 2006-06-13, 12:33   Link #28
Kasrkin Squad
For the Emperor

Send a message via AIM to Kasrkin Squad
Srb. No Osama Bin Laden didn't just wake up one morning and decide to hate America. He woke up one morning, noticed our "freedom", and then decided to hate America.

On the subject of checking the United States. Japan is not on that list (refering to treaty of them only maintaining a defensive fighting force.) It is called the Japan Self-Defense Forces for a reason. The only countries that can check the US is the EU/China but I don't think either of them are there yet. (The US accounts for 50 percent of the world's military spending.)

Edit: To add to what Srb said. Trust me the fact we haven't been attacked by terrorists again has alot more to do with them reloading then anything we have done.
Old 2006-06-13, 12:34   Link #29
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
We need a Hegemony... A just one at that, since we odviously cant play nice.
Also to End this stupid Sovereignty BS.

Frankly... I dont like the fact Japan is considering putting weapons and their military into space...
Its not that I dont trust the country, its fact it'll make other countries express their right to put a military in space. Then I can see them extending the bounderies from Airspace into Space itself.

It could well be another arms race.

One thing can be had from this... is the finance of new technology.
Which is nice, though I wish it could be use for a more peaceful purpose.

If we going to have a military it better be one military, like an International Military.

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Old 2006-06-13, 12:35   Link #30
Zechs Merquies
Lightning Count

Send a message via AIM to Zechs Merquies
We did what we had to do to end WW2, japan would have never suffered had they not bombed pearl harbor in a bullshit sneak attack when we were not even at war with them. They got what they desereved. Dont get me wrong I have nothing aganist japan, my g/f was born there and she holds no hatred aganist america, she said japan got what they deserved as does her family.

Why everyone bashes america is beyond me, if it were not for us all of you who live in france or anywhere else in europe would be speaking german now.
Old 2006-06-13, 12:40   Link #31
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechs Merquies
We did what we had to do to end WW2, japan would have never suffered had they not bombed pearl harbor in a bullshit sneak attack when we were not even at war with them. They got what they desereved. Dont get me wrong I have nothing aganist japan, my g/f was born there and she holds no hatred aganist america, she said japan got what they deserved as does her family.

Why everyone bashes america is beyond me, if it were not for us all of you who live in france or anywhere else in europe would be speaking german now.
The people of Japan didnt deserve that...
If they were going to bomb something. Bomb the Military installation!
Or bomb off the coast of Japan!

Show them, "Hey we have the power to kill thousands of people in an instant, Surrender!"

Do not treat the government of a country and the people who live in the same country the same.

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Old 2006-06-13, 12:43   Link #32
Kasrkin Squad
For the Emperor

Send a message via AIM to Kasrkin Squad
That is the problem they wouldn't. Technically they would be speaking Russian. By the time we did D Day the war in Russia had the Reds on the offensive and there wasn't much the Germans could do about that. (To Zechs and the France speaking German part.)

Also I am not bashing America. I am just pointing out the flaws and hypocrisies of our country. We aren't the good guys US history and our media make us out to be.
Old 2006-06-13, 14:02   Link #33
Xiao Feng
Perverted Translator

Send a message via AIM to Xiao Feng Send a message via MSN to Xiao Feng Send a message via Yahoo to Xiao Feng
let's go back to gundam !!! i hate this ww2 bs -_-;;;;
Old 2006-06-13, 14:30   Link #34
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

I dont know how 'America' was recklessly killing civilians in WW2 a shocker, since every major power on BOTH sides have been doing it -.- USA just did it with efficiency XD

and whats the deal with people gettin all worked up about JP military in space? Its only for self-defense, nothing more.
Old 2006-06-13, 14:47   Link #35
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:

Nah. I´m not so sure I would be speaking german actually... But I do speak some german. I got to chose between German and French in school.

And how can an attack on a military facility can be called a bullshit attack while you defend the use of nuclear weapons against civilian targets...?

And since you take credit for it. Did you partake in WWII?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-06-13, 15:04   Link #36
true_cricket
Zeonist

Quote:
And without France, the United States wouldn't have been independant.

By the way, Germany never tried to impose his language in continental France, except in Elsass-Lothringen.
Old 2006-06-13, 15:26   Link #37
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

The USA used nukes against Japan because their military annalists determined that it would have taken around 400.000 soldiers to take Tokyo. The casualty rate was expected to be the same as the battle for Okinawa, which was about 45%. The Japanese surrender itself is very complicated, they did not just surrender to the USA because of those nukes, but because of other factors as well, such as Russia from the north, political issues / power struggle inside Japan and the terms to which they surrendered.

On the topic of the Japanese military in space, you guys think way too much. Japan just wants its own network of GPS and surveillance satellites, so they don't have to rely on the satellites of the US army, like the rest of the world. Being very ambitious they might try to start their own star wars project. Hey, if they put some lasercannon on Fuji... it might work... :T
Old 2006-06-13, 15:37   Link #38
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
We did what we had to do to end WW2, japan would have never suffered had they not bombed pearl harbor in a bullshit sneak attack when we
were not even at war with them.
And the United States weren't at war with Japan when they decided to play Gunboat Diplomacy and stationed a battle fleet in Japanese territorial waters and threatened Japan with military action unless they opened up their borders - so it's ok for the US to threaten Japan with force to do what it wants, but not for Japan to retaliate? Talk about a double standard.

Quote:
They got what they desereved.
Excuse me? Over half a million civilians died from the fire bombings of Tokyo and the atomic bombs over Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Please don't fucking tell me you believe they deserved that because an AMERICAN MILITARY TARGET was attacked, something they had nothing at all to do with!

Quote:
Don't you dare. Don't you FUCKING DARE try to hijack history and disrespect the memories and accomplishments of the Allied forces in Europe. Do you think the US were alone in storming the beaches of Normandy? This is so incredibly typical of an ignorant person whose only studies of the second world war consists of watching "Saving Private Ryan". Get a loan, go to college and get yourself a clue, thanks.

If you want to know why "everyone" bashes America, perhaps you should take your head out of the ground and gain some knowledge about the world and recent history, especially that including US foreign politics - you know, the habit of overthrowing democratically elected governments and sponsoring dictatorships.

Quote:
The USA used nukes against Japan because their military annalists determined that it would have taken around 400.000 soldiers to take Tokyo. The casualty rate was expected to be the same as the battle for Okinawa, which was about 45%. The Japanese surrender itself is very complicated, they did not just surrender to the USA because of those nukes, but because of other factors as well, such as Russia from the north, political issues / power struggle inside Japan and the terms to which they surrendered.
I know, from a purely tactical viewpoint they were preferrable, but I didn't have the time to write that when I wrote it.
Old 2006-06-13, 15:58   Link #39
true_cricket
Zeonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
Japan just wants its own network of GPS and surveillance satellites, so they don't have to rely on the satellites of the US army, like the rest of the world.
Do you know what Galileo Project is? A european GPS. And the first satellite was launched a few montsh ago.
Old 2006-06-13, 16:05   Link #40
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And while we're on the subject of American using nasty weapons on civilians, Zechs, how about explaining the use of chemical warfare in Vietnam, which to this day still causes kids to be born deformed?

Or, you know, the anti-personal mines. Still cripples people today, too.

I'm willing to grant that the US aren't any worse than other countries would be if they were the 800 pound gorilla of international politics, but they certainly don't have any moral high ground.
Closed Thread