AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-26, 18:16   Link #1
aquaman620

Cool Looking for a new manga to start

Hey everyone, I just finished Ichigo 100% and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Now i'm looking for something new to start that is similar. So people please post some suggestions. Thanks
Old 2007-02-26, 21:37   Link #2
x0dus

I liked Hajime no Ippo but there are so many volumes now it would be an epic mission getting through it all.

Its about Boxing, a kid is getting bullied and meets a pro Boxer who ends up taking him to his Gym. The kid then decides to start Boxing and it goes from there.

Beck is a nice manga, not as many volumes but still quite a few.

Its basically about a kid who meets this guitar player and his life changes dramatically. I won't go too into it, but its pretty much about Rock Music and Bands, being in a band, relationships, friendships, struggles of working part time, dropping out of school and many other issues that the manga deals with.

I remember enjoying Death Note, got quite far into it. Thats a deep one, high concentration stuff you cant just flick through the pages, so bear that in mind.

Death Note is about this guy who randomly gets a book that gives him the power to kill people by writing their name in it. The story is really complex as there is a detective trying to find him and they play all these mind games, its good although if youre into more casual stuff you probably wont like this.
Old 2007-04-15, 10:20   Link #3
shuto zaido

You are looking for manga similar to Ichigo 100%?
Then try this:

Ai Yori Aoshi :

Kaoru Hanabishi is a typical of an average university student

There is, however, someone who loved Kaoru so much that she would do whatever was necessary to be with him.

Her name is Aoi Sakuraba.Kaoru's family and Sakuraba's family had agreed for Kaoru to wed Aoi but after Kaoru walked out, the marriage was canceled. Both families had a friendly relationship and Aoi had been in love with Kaoru from the start, which Kaoru was unaware of. The Sakuraba family had already been searching for someone suitable but Aoi was unwilling to marry someone else and walked out, chasing Kaoru.

This manga is very funny and not too serious
Closed Thread