AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-20, 18:38   Link #1041
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
...Nah still sounded like you were trying to get a rise out of Fatina fans.
He's just butthurt that his favorite isn't as popular as mai fire goddess waifu and is stuck in a poorly written coupling.

That pretty much sums up all of his posts in this thread.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 18:47   Link #1042
Clegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I don't get it, what is Succubus purpose in the whole story? A mere cheerleader?
My best guess is that she's using Neeba for her own goals. She's been playing him for a while now, especially this episode where she played the Jil card to make him get up after he was accepting his death. I would expect her to be the final boss because I can't see Jil killing Neeba despite everthing he's done, so I think Succubus will probably betray and kill Neeba after he does what she wants.
Clegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 20:06   Link #1043
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
He's just butthurt that his favorite isn't as popular as mai fire goddess waifu and is stuck in a poorly written coupling.

That pretty much sums up all of his posts in this thread.

Yes, l'm clearly devastated that "your" waifu is more popular, l really am.
Oh well,l'll have to get over this "butthurt" by knowing my favorite pairing will most likely happen in this "poorly written coupling"

Because, god knows a jilxfatina coupling ending if it ever occured then it would be considered as written perfectly.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 20:10   Link #1044
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I don't get it, what is Succubus purpose in the whole story? A mere cheerleader?
That's the thing, there should be more to her then that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegger View Post
My best guess is that she's using Neeba for her own goals. She's been playing him for a while now, especially this episode where she played the Jil card to make him get up after he was accepting his death. I would expect her to be the final boss because I can't see Jil killing Neeba despite everthing he's done, so I think Succubus will probably betray and kill Neeba after he does what she wants.
Right, I'm pretty sure Succubus has been manipulating Neeba from the start. I forget who it was, but someone made the comment about her bewitching him to which he replied he was acting of his own will. However, would a puppet necessarily know they're being strung around if the puppeteer doesn''t want them to? I would say she's trying to create another Druaga now that Gil is dead and her old lover has been "avenged."
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 21:15   Link #1045
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

hmm, after re-watching the episode...l just noticed about everyone got washed down again including dead henaro, robot loli....that is except for that blue haired girl with the glasses and her followers. O_O
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 22:59   Link #1046
Clegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Right, I'm pretty sure Succubus has been manipulating Neeba from the start. I forget who it was, but someone made the comment about her bewitching him to which he replied he was acting of his own will. However, would a puppet necessarily know they're being strung around if the puppeteer doesn''t want them to? I would say she's trying to create another Druaga now that Gil is dead and her old lover has been "avenged."
Neeba would appear to be the perfect tool. He's pretty much dead inside and filled with rage, which Succubus can easily manipulate. She always using Neeba's fear that he doesn't measure up to Jil against him never missing a chance to twist the dagger a little deeper into that wound. And I agree that Neeba's actions are his own but I don't think he would of gone this far if Succubus wasn't prodding him on. A person can only take so much of someone prying on their failures/weaknesses/fears before they give in, especially when said person all ready doesn't care.

As for Succubus motivation, she might be trying to create another Druaga or could she possibly blame the Gods for her lover's fate and want revenge against them herself?
Clegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 23:17   Link #1047
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
hmm, after re-watching the episode...l just noticed about everyone got washed down again including dead henaro, robot loli....that is except for that blue haired girl with the glasses and her followers. O_O
Yep, just like they got washed down from the tower at the end of the 1st season
when they tried to follow Neeba into the mythical tower. I guess the tower has a
*flush* handle that only Neeba knows how to operate.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 23:21   Link #1048
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

is it me or is defeating gilgamesh easier than druaga (the first one), i mean the battle for druaga is way crazier, and in gilgamesh, they basically swing swords around + some magic and lol at uran backslashing gil
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 00:10   Link #1049
Boduar

Think the answer is they got stronger ...
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 00:30   Link #1050
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Still, it took Neeba, Jil, Kaaya, Kai, Utu, Melt, Fatina, Henaro, AND the loli-robot girl before Uragon stabbed Gil in the back. Gil incapacipated almost all of those who opposed him, while all druaga clone could do was kill Ahmey. I'd say Gil has the advantage; I was actually rooting for him to win considering how badass he looked and acted in the fight.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 02:32   Link #1051
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Still, it took Neeba, Jil, Kaaya, Kai, Utu, Melt, Fatina, Henaro, AND the loli-robot girl before Uragon stabbed Gil in the back. Gil incapacipated almost all of those who opposed him, while all druaga clone could do was kill Ahmey. I'd say Gil has the advantage; I was actually rooting for him to win considering how badass he looked and acted in the fight.
Gil basically lost because he didn't obey one of the universal rules for being a succesful evil overlord. "If you capture someone that is trying to overthrow you....Don't keep them as prisoners, off with their heads" (KAAYA). I kn ow the writers made him do it, but the universal rules are just there to show how absurd the writers make most villains.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 02:53   Link #1052
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Gil basically lost because he didn't obey one of the universal rules for being a succesful evil overlord. "If you capture someone that is trying to overthrow you....Don't keep them as prisoners, off with their heads" (KAAYA). I kn ow the writers made him do it, but the universal rules are just there to show how absurd the writers make most villains.
Gilgamesh in history is known to be arrogant and selfish doing what ever he likes ^^, rather incharacter I say. But its a true rule when I think back to berzerk and other anime.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 03:02   Link #1053
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
Gilgamesh in history is known to be arrogant and selfish doing what ever he likes ^^, rather incharacter I say. But its a true rule when I think back to berzerk and other anime.
yeah, most villains are arrogant by design so the good guys have a chance.
Old 2009-03-21, 18:14   Link #1054
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I have to say I was a little disappointed. It was an enjoyable episode and I'm glad Gilgamesh died in this episode instead of the final giving us time to finish the other loose ends.

Jil should have friggin kissed Kaaya before they got up and they should have to the ones to finish Gilgamesh, not stupid Uragon stabbing in the back because his only friend turned out to be a loli robot and died.

Everyone getting dumped back down to the town again as dumb too since they have to go all the way back up to beat Neeba now.

Henaro dying was obvious once she picked up the rod. She was never a good character anyway.

I just noticed the Succubus has wings coming out of her ass, weird.

I'll probably come to like the episode more after I calm down since I just watched the series finale of Battlestar Galactica and it just can't compare to anything.
Old 2009-03-21, 19:25   Link #1055
JediNight
キズランダム

Henaro must have been low-level -- she dropped instantly, yet Neeba was able to walk after having a sword through his chest for like 10mins ;p
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 20:03   Link #1056
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Henaro must have been low-level -- she dropped instantly, yet Neeba was able to walk after having a sword through his chest for like 10mins ;p
well, if he didn't die instantly, that means the heart was not pierced so he still could live for a while. I think Henaro died instantly by her expression. i really didn't feel anything when she died.
Old 2009-03-21, 20:17   Link #1057
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ I felt like laughing

It was a shame they didn't make her redeem herself before killing her off otherwise I might have shed a tear.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 22:31   Link #1058
Ashlotte
Clockwork

What is this crap... *sigh*

Meh any comments I can think of that "episode" just feel like straight bile and I'm pretty sure S_B already covered most of em for me already...

*shakes head*

Heres hoping the reason this one looked like it was made by the F-team is their saving their pennies to properly animate the ending...haha...ha.......ha...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 04:21   Link #1059
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well you know what is a Succubus so its sure Succubus used Neeba . She charm him and act like a dog under his shoes lol .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 18:58   Link #1060
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ I felt like laughing

It was a shame they didn't make her redeem herself before killing her off otherwise I might have shed a tear.
She did. She betrayed Gil and sic'ed the loli robot on him she was intent on giving the Blue Crystal Rod to Jil and Co. and then Neeba killed her.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg