Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-27, 16:54   Link #1161
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
i really dont like nina from the start of the series.. i dont think its fair that she is the strongest :/
who cares about that.

best girl won do you know how rare that is
Old 2013-06-28, 01:18   Link #1162
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
who cares about that.

Series isn't over and he just decided to bodyguard another girl. Though I agree on the "best girl" part.
Old 2013-07-01, 14:57   Link #1163
II Maestro

Quote:
who cares about that.

Agreed! It's very rare for the best girl who we individually like to win in the end this is definitely a miracle.
Old 2013-07-01, 19:30   Link #1164
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
who cares about that.

yes I completely agree with the best girl part and its really rare for the best girl to win
Old 2013-07-02, 13:33   Link #1165
souledge94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Doubtful, I am not fond of it. Felt they left out too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Rather they cut off too much (like appearing of Harpe or Claribel) and ended this with anime original ending, so there's no chance for second season and I doubt that CSR is popular enough to get FMA:Brotherhood like remake.
If the anime had the leerin out of nowhere twist I would have called BS. Since its completly out of character. Thats one of the reasons im happy the anime ended where it did.

Last edited by souledge94; 2013-07-02 at 13:45.
souledge94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 16:19   Link #1166
classic

What is the current progrees of the series? How much more will be (any guess)?

Is it worse reading?
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 16:28   Link #1167
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
What is the current progrees of the series? How much more will be (any guess)?

Is it worse reading?
Depends on how you look at it. Story is above average, but for majority of us it is due to the bad characters progression that made most of us dropped it. It is said that the next volume is the last.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 16:29   Link #1168
classic

Shit... i just found a spoiler. I am outof here...
Old 2013-08-05, 16:30   Link #1169
classic

Quote:
Depends on how you look at it. Story is above average, but for majority of us it is due to the bad characters progression that made most of us dropped it. It is said that the next volume is the last.
Bad means slow? and thanks for fast answer)
Old 2013-08-25, 18:38   Link #1170
TonyC1994
Unknown

I stopped midway into Volume 13 when they started on the explanation of Zero Territory.....got way to confusing.

Reading the recent summaries I'm actually quite glad that I did, the thought of Nina suddenly getting a tremendous power up seems to annoy me. Not to mention Layfon going from a powerful protagonist to a sideline character now.

I'll admit I liked the story better when the main problem was just the militaristic Intercity matches...not this now bizarre fairy/fate/different dimension thing.
TonyC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 16:47   Link #1171
rtyui45678

Quote:
who cares about that.

damn too rare

so umm does it end at vol 24 or is there more?
rtyui45678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 17:15   Link #1172
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtyui45678 View Post
damn too rare

so umm does it end at vol 24 or is there more?
1 more volume, then that is it. Leerin and Nina have both fallen behind heavily. The only other person that Layfon has gotten normal with or has shown real attraction to is of course Felli. Layfon at the end of the last volume left to another city and Felli hop in with him without telling anyone, base on how it goes, they have elope is what I believe some people has said. Especially in the Japanese forums.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-08-27 at 17:43.
Old 2013-08-27, 17:44   Link #1173
XFire
150% done

Whatever happened to the "normal" girl, Mei or whatever?
Old 2013-08-27, 17:55   Link #1174
Kurohane

Man, where have I been?! All this activity is going on for the past two months and I was unaware of any of it. Chrome Shelled has one final volume. Yes! The only downside is that Layfon and Felli aren't officially a couple yet like we thought, but they're getting there. I'm not even worried, because Layfon has actually shown romantic interest in Felli, and that took 18 volumes to do.

This bodyguard job should turn out to be interesting. Route Phantom and Elhard Gate. . . What purpose do these two serve?
Old 2013-08-27, 21:24   Link #1175
haseo0408

Quote:
1 more volume, then that is it. Leerin and Nina have both fallen behind heavily. The only other person that Layfon has gotten normal with or has shown real attraction to is of course Felli. Layfon at the end of the last volume left to another city and Felli hop in with him without telling anyone, base on how it goes, they have elope is what I believe some people has said. Especially in the Japanese forums.
WOOOW, I stopped reading a while ago expecting that the series got interesting again or some great twist to happen and all of the sudden is ending, with Layfon in love with my favorite girl, Feli, and eloping together! I have to catch up fast.

By the way Reaper-san, there is this image at the end of the volume with Layfon Kissing Feli on the neck, does that actually happened in the volume!?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 21:30   Link #1176
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
WOOOW, I stopped reading a while ago expecting that the series got interesting again or some great twist to happen and all of the sudden is ending, with Layfon in love with my favorite girl, Feli, and eloping together! I have to catch up fast.

By the way Reaper-san, there is this image at the end of the volume with Layfon Kissing Feli on the neck, does that actually happened in the volume!?.
Believe that is just an image on the afterwards, it doesn't carry much significant I think, maybe it is foreshadowing the ending. I hope it is, however shmaster is the only one here I believe who have read it, no take that back, think Johnny has read it as well. Best to ask them, usually I am good at reading what is the story behind the images, but nothing beats real information from people who have read it.
Old 2013-08-27, 21:49   Link #1177
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Finished vol.24

Note, this is NOT the final volume. There is one more volume left.
What ever Route Phantom and Elhard Gate might be, hopefully it'll answer all the unanswered question.

Spoiler for vol.24:
Shmaster-san there is an image that catched my eye at the end volume 24, Layfon kissing Feli on the neck!; Feli is my favorite girl and I found incredible that Layfon finally had the guts to tell her to run together but form that to that romantic scene is WOW. Do you have any idea what is up that scene? If it is a foreshowding of the end then welcome be.

By the way, thanks for answering my question earlier Reaper-san; if you didnīt, I think there is someone translating the remaining novels to english in B-T and very fast from what I can see.
Old 2013-08-27, 23:05   Link #1178
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Shmaster-san there is an image that catched my eye at the end volume 24, Layfon kissing Feli on the neck!; Feli is my favorite girl and I found incredible that Layfon finally had the guts to tell her to run together but form that to that romantic scene is WOW. Do you have any idea what is up that scene? If it is a foreshowding of the end then welcome be.

By the way, thanks for answering my question earlier Reaper-san; if you didnīt, I think there is someone translating the remaining novels to english in B-T and very fast from what I can see.
To be honest, haven't looked at it in a year. The author been writing too many short stories instead of the actual story due to publisher pressure to maximize profits has turned off many readers. You can tell how how little this thread has gotten any attention. Coupled with when the author did write the actual story, the protagonist been a side character with little progress mentally and physically. Its like reading a lore of the setting there, but it has not been executed very well. Read a novel like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei which has executed both lore of setting and has character development, you can see how when something is executed properly you can see the popularity rise. It has become something like the new bubble in Japanese Light Novel.
Old 2013-08-28, 01:10   Link #1179
haseo0408

Quote:
To be honest, haven't looked at it in a year. The author been writing too many short stories instead of the actual story due to publisher pressure to maximize profits has turned off many readers. You can tell how how little this thread has gotten any attention. Coupled with when the author did write the actual story, the protagonist been a side character with little progress mentally and physically. Its like reading a lore of the setting there, but it has not been executed very well. Read a novel like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei which has executed both lore of setting and has character development, you can see how when something is executed properly you can see the popularity rise. It has become something like the new bubble in Japanese Light Novel.
Itīs a shame that good story gets damaged by greed, when a story is dragged with no direction just for the sake of money the ones that suffer are the readers. Anyway if you are interesting in reading the ending when it comes out or any other part of the novels in english stop by B-T, if the translators keeps up this crazy speed the entire novels from 17 to 25 will be translated by the end of the year.
Old 2013-08-28, 06:58   Link #1180
Valky
Radioactive

WHATTT? I stopped reading it when it went emo and all .. I guess I have something to look forward now with Felli winning the race, abeit not confirmed yet.

Many thanks to Lygophile for his/her? works thus far.

Tags
fantasy, shounen