AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-12-12, 11:49   Link #1841
Xagzan

Where is this all coming from suddenly about Zaraki being stronger than Unohana? I thought it was the common assumption for a long time that we never saw her fight cause she was second in badassery only to Yamamoto.

But that last page. Shoot, I'd be afraid
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 12:09   Link #1842
SeanQ

Lol...Shunsui -_- "I'll teach Kenpachi how to kill..."
If I'm not mistaken...he was the only one that even killed any of the arrow boys =p

And why does Renji all of a sudden have body of steel o.o
Old 2012-12-12, 12:24   Link #1843
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I didnt know there were hundreds after her... seems a bit exagerated seeing how long they live. Why would shunsie have her train him.... because she is the only other person who CAN? They stopped training him when they realized hed be too powerful. Whats that say about someone who was taughtthat same technique?
Depending on how canon you take the 'Spirits are always with you' novels--there was a case of a Kenpachi that wasn't defeated in battle previously. Other than that, they were all replaced because they had been killed in battle by the most recent Kenpachi. Life span has nothing to do with it.

Also, it's a last ditch effort. Zaraki's training might have stopped back then becasue Yamamoto was afraid, but like Kyoraku said, Byakuya might not be the same ever again, Soul Society itself was torn to pieces (completely different than captains losing outside of soul society), etc etc. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going--teach Kenpachi the proper way to do things.

Quote:
God you are seriously reading me posts wrong. Never said anything about the central. They said yama tried to train him that but stopped one day in the training saying it would be too dangerous. If he let unohana in the captains knowing that technique it means she isnt as dangerous with it. Meaning kenpachi is the strongest... 'kenpachi' lol

Or as people speculate, Yamamoto knew Unohana from the days of the blood thirsty Gotei 13 badasses. She already knew/was taught the techniques before it became a concern when the Gotei13 calmed down and became a symbol of order. She's not dangerous with it because she has self control and knows when/how to use something so powerful--stands to reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
A wild goose can cause more damage than a tamed lion. Does that mean a goose is stronger?
Exactly this.

Quote:
Kenpachi is no goose tho. Good to see such a super powerful shinigami let every one die all the time and never lift a finger. She may be poeerful but thats not why she is to train kenpachi. That wild goose is gonna be trained by the not as powerful tamed lion to become a insanely powerful tamed goose that was already insanely powerful.

Im no fanboy but unless she stepped down fron being kenpachi and not defeated. She isnt as strong.

Again if she doesnt get a flash back, ill be pissed.
Compared to Unohana, he might very well be. Up until this point, all we've seen is Zaraki swing his sword around, yelling about crap and getting stabbed and shrugging it off. Seems extremely powerful because of the way he acts. Unohana on the other hand has had many show their fear of her but she never cracks under pressure. Like the goose vs. lion metaphor, Kenpachi can be ferocious and cause tons of damage, but he'd never stand a chance against something clearly stronger than him that chooses not to use its full strength.

Also, Unohana was sworn to remain in her healing post by Yamamoto. She never lifted a finger to fight because she wasn't allowed to...now that he's dead, that rule has tobe broken. Thought she made that pretty clear 3 or 4 chapters ago when Isane was crying after the invasion.

She definitely stepped down--she's still alive...Testament to hernot being defeated and killed to be replaced. I agree, she needs a flashback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
If I'm not mistaken...he was the only one that even killed any of the arrow boys =p

And why does Renji all of a sudden have body of steel o.o
the proper way to kill I'm guessing? It' be cool to see an annoyed but controlled Kenpachi that doesn't just swing wildly and grin all the time and instead calculates and deals the fatal blow simply.

Because Renji is awesome!!! xD...seriously though, there was the small panel where the Yakuza noticed Renji's fist shaking...clearly he had a hard time absorbing that punch--he's not as strong as he seems, but close enough to stand his own ground. Kubo is really building him up--remember his last fight, all it took was one hit=P
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 12:27   Link #1844
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
oh ok. thanks! totally forgot about that...

no it doesn't. central 46 is hesitant because it would be zaraki learning the same thing yama-jii didn't want to teach him. no matter who teaches him, the result would be the same. it's about zaraki learning, not who's teaching him be it yama-jii or unohana

he is the strongest sure, but we have yet to know if this is because he and the other kenpachi are actually stronger than unohana or if it's because she refuses to fight anymore. my hunch is that she is stronger than zaraki right now and just refuses to fight anymore. but if he trains under her, he will probably surpass her. also just a side note, it doesnt technically mean 'strongest' since yama-jii was clearly strongest

I dont think so. there have been hints about her being scary powerful since we were first introduced to SS
1. That is exactly what I'm getting across... They don't want him to be taught it because even Yama said its too dangerous...

2. I should refraise that he is the strongest Kenpachi. Isn't it stated some where that only when a kenpachi is defeated or killed by the challenger that they step down from the title?

3. Strongest =/= Better, Aizen would never have been able to touch Yama if he used bankai. He out smarted him.

4. I'm done with this conversation, I'm getting this rediculous amount of hate in rep because apparently I'm being sexist.

Stronger =/= better, Zaraki may be stronger, but most likely not better.

THE END
Old 2012-12-12, 12:49   Link #1845
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
I'm guessing the intent of the line was more like, how to kill as a warrior, rather than as an animal/psycho.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 13:00   Link #1846
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Btw guys, its not Her power that is scaring people, its that whole kind look but murderous intent behind the smile. Lots of animes have those characters. like in Serieki, tho she is super powerful. but its the evil aura that scares them. She can be weaker then Hitsugaya and still scare people shitless.
Old 2012-12-12, 13:03   Link #1847
shadow1985

Yachiru Unohana?

Isnt Ken's chan vice also called Yachiru?
shadow1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 13:13   Link #1848
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
2. I should refraise that he is the strongest Kenpachi. Isn't it stated some where that only when a kenpachi is defeated or killed by the challenger that they step down from the title?
Unohana is highly likely to the exception. My impression is that she relinquished her title and swore never to fight again hence why Yamamoto ordered her to stay in her barracks no matter what. I doubt she was defeated by somebody else, that would undermine this reveal.
Old 2012-12-12, 13:21   Link #1849
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

She still could have been defeated. It's obvious she was defeated or stepped down, again if they don't flash back and tell us what the hell went on, I'm going to be furious.

You guys think you've been waiting for unohana to fight? Pssh
Old 2012-12-12, 13:34   Link #1850
itachi-san314

Quote:
She still could have been defeated.
anything is possible, but her being defeated wouldn't make sense story-wise. her buildup here is that she was the first kenpachi, a ruthless monster who for some reason stepped down and vowed to never turn to rage again becoming a healer instead of a destroyer. if the second kenpachi beat her and then the third beat him and so on, it would mean that she is incredibly weaker than zaraki since he beat the latest one, which is not only impossible, but she is likely stronger than him currently. zaraki, however, probably has the potential to surpass her under her tutelage.

I assume that the whole kenpachi beating the previous kenpachi rule became a tradition after Unohana stepped down

Quote:
It's obvious she was defeated or stepped down, again if they don't flash back and tell us what the hell went on, I'm going to be furious.
this flashback is inevitable, probably during her training with zaraki
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 14:10   Link #1851
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Why is bach not storming the gates right now knowing this is his best chance to just finish them all off instead of giving them time to train and heal up.

I still demand more aizen. I wonder if aizen did show up to the see the soul king, would he have even been able to put him under his swords power? I mean gin talked about how his ability is powerful, but it its not the end all. It can be overcome by willpower.
Old 2012-12-12, 14:15   Link #1852
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
Why is bach not storming the gates right now knowing this is his best chance to just finish them all off instead of giving them time to train and heal up.

I still demand more aizen. I wonder if aizen did show up to the see the soul king, would he have even been able to put him under his swords power? I mean gin talked about how his ability is powerful, but it its not the end all. It can be overcome by willpower.
They had to leave because of some time limit i believe.
Old 2012-12-12, 14:22   Link #1853
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1985 View Post
Yachiru Unohana?

Isnt Ken's chan vice also called Yachiru?
Yes, also Kenpachi said in a flashback that Yachiru is the name of the only person he's ever respected...or something along those lines
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 14:25   Link #1854
Xagzan

I want this to happen in the flashback

Come on, you know that's sexy.

(wonder whose blood it is )
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 15:47   Link #1855
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Made for that Zaraki has given the name yachiru its Vice-captain when they met he was probably first heard of Kenpachi was the strongest and he had to have the admiration and it is probably why he was given the name Kenpachi Yachiru for him and for her "tribute" to powerful shinigami.

Then when he came and became captain of the 11th division know he has the "face" of the previous Kenpachi and therefore the first face I think ... viewing photos or simply someone said to him "Kenpachi first you must know it was the 4th division Unohana"
Old 2012-12-12, 16:00   Link #1856
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

That scene can't happen. Little Kenpachi looks almost sane XD
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 16:23   Link #1857
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
I don't recall Gin ever claiming that it can be overcome by willpower. He did mention however, that while the ability is powerful, it wasn't the main reason why the espada chose to join him. The only known way to counter his ability is to touch the sword before he invokes the technique. Unfortunately, I also don't think we know if the technique can't be used only for as long as the sword is being touched, or if simply touching the sword once makes someone permanently immune to its effects from thereon. Gin wasn't very specific about it in his exposition.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 16:26   Link #1858
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
That scene can't happen. Little Kenpachi looks almost sane XD
I kinda doubt that kid is Zeraki that hair is far too brown and I don't think there is hair dye in Soul Society
Old 2012-12-12, 16:27   Link #1859
sayde

That kid actually almost looks like a younger Aizen.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 16:31   Link #1860
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

is Aizen but whatsoever Aizen or any other matter as is is only FANART

Tags
bleach, chapter