Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-08-05, 06:41   Link #561
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Speaking of the manga, i'm starting to get mighty tempted to just go finish the story in that format.
I'm still somehow holding on.
Old 2010-08-16, 20:38   Link #562
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Hellsing Ultimate on other hand has always been something that Satelight can be proud of, because they did a damn fine job on the first four volumes.
They were fairly mediocre in my opinion (well not episode 1, that was downright awful). The pacing was all over the place, all except episode 2 seemed weak and souless with static images, bad cgi and terrible art (which is also Nakamori's fault). Rip's football player shoulders are a nightmare like Integra lacking a friggin' nose in episode 1. I got second-handed embarrassment after watching episode 1, I have to admit until this day I can't force myself to watch that mess again.

http://h.imagehost.org/view/0064/1228

An image speaks louder than words, I believe. Satelight vs Madhouse, ladies and gentlemen. Perhaps now I can bring myself to watch it.

I would have dropped Hellsing if hadn't been for Madhouse saving the entire franchise after episode 5 (one episode of transmission between the companies) which is still far superior to any of the other four overall.

This doesn't mean Satelight is a bad company... I liked some other stuff they have produced animation for, it wasn't the right for Hellsing (neither was Gonzo I guess). Madhouse seems to be the only one that manages to bring forth the right atmosphere and quality that fits a good adaptation.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 17:16   Link #563
alucard13mm

lol i read the manga to finish it XD.. the ova is much different than the anime series.. i guess nazi's were iffy back then
Old 2010-09-03, 17:20   Link #564
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
lol i read the manga to finish it XD.. the ova is much different than the anime series.. i guess nazi's were iffy back then
There wasn't enough material to adapt form at the time.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2010-09-07 at 10:16.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 07:43   Link #565
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B003TQC9EW

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry anymore. Geneon's production schedule on Hellsing Ultimate is just so totally pathetic. The Blu-ray box set seems to be delayed again. The official site still says 30th Sept, but Amazon Japan says it'll only be shipping on 22nd October now. Lol?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 08:06   Link #566
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B003TQC9EW

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry anymore. Geneon's production schedule on Hellsing Ultimate is just so totally pathetic. The Blu-ray box set seems to be delayed again. The official site still says 30th Sept, but Amazon Japan says it'll only be shipping on 22nd October now. Lol?
Seriously, this is not new with OVAs. There is a reason why most production schedules with OVAs only give vague terms on release dates. No one ever manages to get things done on time because there is no restriction in the length of the show. It's like Duke Nukem Forever; you keep thinking you can add more content, and it gets to the point when you realised the extra stuff means extending the deadline. Compare that to a TV episode, which you know can't be longer than 25 minutes.
Old 2010-09-07, 08:42   Link #567
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Seriously, this is not new with OVAs. There is a reason why most production schedules with OVAs only give vague terms on release dates. No one ever manages to get things done on time because there is no restriction in the length of the show. It's like Duke Nukem Forever; you keep thinking you can add more content, and it gets to the point when you realised the extra stuff means extending the deadline. Compare that to a TV episode, which you know can't be longer than 25 minutes.
But this isn't even a new episode, it's just a re-release of the first 5 volumes on blu-ray, with corrections and improvements. They know exactly how long it is because they're not adding new scenes. And even then, it has been delayed three times now!
Old 2010-09-08, 12:49   Link #568
SantaC

lol duckroll getting owned at this forum.
SantaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 17:22   Link #569
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Speaking of the manga, i'm starting to get mighty tempted to just go finish the story in that format.
I read it. I rather liked the ending, as cliched as it was.
Old 2010-09-09, 16:53   Link #570
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yup, the delay is confirmed. October 22 is the new date.

http://db.geneonuniversal.jp/search_...ftid=GNXA-1100
Old 2010-09-09, 19:15   Link #571
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

ahh damit! u got me all excited there for a sec.. I thought we had, at last, a release date for ova 8 ...

LOL......
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 22:15   Link #572
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
ahh damit! u got me all excited there for a sec.. I thought we had, at last, a release date for ova 8 ...

LOL......
We do. A DELAYED date, which is not what we were looking for.

Why does it take so damn long? I mean, seriously. Is it really because the project's been shifted from one studio (or company) to another like I've been hearing?
Old 2010-09-09, 22:42   Link #573
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post

Why does it take so damn long? I mean, seriously. Is it really because the project's been shifted from one studio (or company) to another like I've been hearing?
Damn... Hellsing is becoming the Duke Nukem Forever of animes with all these delays.
Old 2010-09-10, 00:31   Link #574
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post

No we don't. This is not for Vol8. This is for the Blu-ray boxset of Vol1-5. Vol8 doesn't even exist at the moment because they can't even finish cleaning up animation for a HD remaster of the first 5 volumes. Don't expect Vol8 anytime this year, even early next year.
Old 2010-09-10, 19:12   Link #575
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
No we don't. This is not for Vol8. This is for the Blu-ray boxset of Vol1-5. Vol8 doesn't even exist at the moment because they can't even finish cleaning up animation for a HD remaster of the first 5 volumes. Don't expect Vol8 anytime this year, even early next year.
Yeap, that was my understanding after reading the link u posted...

Sad n tough facts to swallow....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 22:05   Link #576
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, well that's even worse.

Just freaking SHOOT ME NOW.

*bang*
Old 2010-09-11, 18:17   Link #577
SantaC

Quote:
duckroll of neogaf i presume?

Of course it exist! It is just that we dont know how far they are, but wiki lists Vol 8 to come out in October now. A couple of weeks ago it just said TBA, so MAYBE someone know something we dont?

Quote:
"Hellsing VIII" October 2010
Old 2010-09-12, 01:49   Link #578
alucard13mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
There wasn't enough material to adapt form at the time.
ahh i see @_@.. well i like the music from the series, liked it so much i went to by the CD (back when CDs were remotely still popular).
Old 2010-09-15, 15:20   Link #579
Thess

Quote:
But this isn't even a new episode, it's just a re-release of the first 5 volumes on blu-ray, with corrections and improvements. They know exactly how long it is because they're not adding new scenes. And even then, it has been delayed three times now!
They seem to be redoing COMPLETELY episode 1... From what I've seen of the previews. They need to redraw Integra in almost every scene, and Alucard, and Rip, etc... Which includes new animation. Probably most of the other episodes too.... Episode 5 was NOT only Madhouse product but also Satelight, you can tell the transmission-was-on, but not quite as episodes 6 and 7 were 100% pure Madhouse. Not one episode but 5, I think they should have said it would take it a year at least from start on myself.

They are also waiting for Hirano's cover (and he's right now a "busy, popular mangaka"). Which will probably delay this even longer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
It wasn't the Nazis... But the studio's liberties (some Ueda still takes, I say, he has a vision of Hellsing that sneaks into episode 1 of the OVA that wasn't in the Manga).

The changes they did also had NOTHING to do with "not enough source material". But because Gonzo likes to change stuff for better or worse (I liked the Anime, mind you, I still do, but I don't think they even tried to stay close to the manga).

Spoiler for And How:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2010-09-15 at 15:58.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 16:32   Link #580
SantaC

so they spend their resources on old episodes now? Couldn't they do this once the OVA is actually finished.

Tags
action, seinen