AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 18 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 24.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 31.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 9.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-03, 02:11   Link #21
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Haha! just like in the manga

The funny scene for me was the "Reflection"

Hmm concerning how fast the Anime is catching up to the Manga, I wonder if it'll be an original story.
Old 2008-11-03, 03:27   Link #22
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990 View Post
Haha! just like in the manga

The funny scene for me was the "Reflection"

Hmm concerning how fast the Anime is catching up to the Manga, I wonder if it'll be an original story.
No.

The manga is into vol 6 and the story has progressed a lot. The anime is slated for 12-13 eps, so I think they might do some Anime originals.
Old 2008-11-03, 03:27   Link #23
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

"From: Yamakan. Thanks to Nagi-sama I have reached the level to be a director. Please help me complete the remaining episodes of Nagi-sama without being replaced." [This is all a reference to his having been fired as director of Lucky Star after four episodes. The statement from KyoAni when they fired him contained the words "has not reached the level to be a director."]
Man, talk about whining. His firing could have been unfair (I don't know the exact details), but airing it this way is just a cry for attention.
Old 2008-11-03, 03:40   Link #24
herbert

My thoughts after watching:

1. I don't blame you, Nagi. Your tongue is made of wood after all. But care to explain how can you enjoy normal snack?

2. Zenge-chan is still so cute at arguing against herself.

3. Nagi, you idiot. Don't go public, you belongs to Zenge-chan only.

Spoiler:
5. The power of worship is light. A power up Nagi is still the old silly Nagi.
Old 2008-11-03, 07:15   Link #25
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
Man, talk about whining. His firing could have been unfair (I don't know the exact details), but airing it this way is just a cry for attention.
Was it really a cry for attention? I saw it simply as a bit of self-deprecating humour. Obviously it's better if he can make fun of what happened in the past than stew on it, or whatever. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in this situation, since it did make for a funny reference.
Old 2008-11-03, 08:57   Link #26
yjs

Pacing was a little off in this episode, but it was very funny! Nagi-Jin relationship seems to be developing somewhat, which was cute.
Old 2008-11-03, 09:55   Link #27
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Please dont fire the poor director again. It's been a riot with Kannagi.
Old 2008-11-03, 10:04   Link #28
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Yes Yamakan, you definitely quality as a director now.

I also loved the scene when Zange was coming on to Jin, and while Tsugumi was behaving like the typical osananajimi, Nagi was simply busying herself snitching from the bento and only went "no you can't" after she's had her fill. Girl's got her priorities straight.
Old 2008-11-03, 12:13   Link #29
Lugia_yao
Framehaze

Send a message via MSN to Lugia_yao
Nagi's cold jokes are funny~~~^_^
Old 2008-11-03, 12:55   Link #30
Zippicus

This show continues to impress me. Her whole divine power-up is just hilarious. She's so proud of her new flashlight lmao.
Old 2008-11-03, 14:31   Link #31
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Relieved, but episode was quite loyal to the manga... with some additional stuff like Yamatube and the manga-ka added in, for good effect.

Ah~, Hidamari Sketch's person...
Yeah I went to her (right?) website, and the manga-ka apparently likes Hidamari Sketch. She has a sketch of Yunocchi she did. And she really likes growing tomatos, because she gives a weekly update with picture on how her tomato plants are doing lol...

Quote:
Pacing was a little off in this episode, but it was very funny! Nagi-Jin relationship seems to be developing somewhat, which was cute.
There was a little re-arranging of some manga events for better flow in the episode.

About the whole Yamakan/Lucky Star firing bit:
I don't find it entirely fair. Adapting something like a 4-koma into an anime seems to be harder than adapting regular material, because you have no transitions to work with. I thought Azumanga Daioh did a wonderful job of bridging the transitions well for the source material. For Lucky Star I definitely had complaints about the jarring scene changes with no transitions, but that complaint didn't change even after they switched directors. I have a feeling KyoAni was just spoiled by having 2 veteran directors, and then unfairly punishing him for debuting him on hard source material to adapt.

Yamakan was then given some normal manga source material with Kannagi and has ran with it very well now. A lot of attention to detail in the character movements, some great characterization, and decent transitions. I found nothing wrong with Yamakan's gag in the middle of the episode -- I think it's quite funny. Yamakan is his nickname and they played it off as a student in the visual arts club. Basically pointing out that there is nothing wrong with his directing abilities.

Last edited by JediNight; 2008-11-03 at 14:43.
Old 2008-11-03, 14:56   Link #32
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
I laughed really hard, when Nagi asked Jin if he noticed some changes about her and he goes "Haircut?", "Eyebrowes?", "Breasts...".
Old 2008-11-03, 16:33   Link #33
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Ah her little glow stick was just full of win this episode...

Still not entirely sure what to make of Zange...Probably going to stay neutral until I can see some sort of polarizing scene from her. I know her fathers not exactly happy, but she isn't really doing any true harm that I can see so far and as the cooking scene showed she still does have atleast some limited control over her body.

Shame they cut so fast from the taste test part...I wanted to see what he thought of the eggs Tsugumi made...I'm assuming from the looks of what zange made and the taste of nagi's she was the winner.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-11-03, 16:44   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I found it all hilarious. Nagi's new power, or Yamakan's cameo.
Old 2008-11-03, 18:12   Link #35
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

good episode, and uh oh, it seems like Jin is catching the feelings for Nagi
Old 2008-11-03, 18:24   Link #36
Tiberium Wolf

Kinda disappointed with image at the end of the ED. Atfer seen the one in ep 4 this one doesn't seem good.
Old 2008-11-03, 19:55   Link #37
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
There was a little re-arranging of some manga events for better flow in the episode.

About the whole Yamakan/Lucky Star firing bit:
I don't find it entirely fair. Adapting something like a 4-koma into an anime seems to be harder than adapting regular material, because you have no transitions to work with. I thought Azumanga Daioh did a wonderful job of bridging the transitions well for the source material. For Lucky Star I definitely had complaints about the jarring scene changes with no transitions, but that complaint didn't change even after they switched directors. I have a feeling KyoAni was just spoiled by having 2 veteran directors, and then unfairly punishing him for debuting him on hard source material to adapt.

Yamakan was then given some normal manga source material with Kannagi and has ran with it very well now. A lot of attention to detail in the character movements, some great characterization, and decent transitions. I found nothing wrong with Yamakan's gag in the middle of the episode -- I think it's quite funny. Yamakan is his nickname and they played it off as a student in the visual arts club. Basically pointing out that there is nothing wrong with his directing abilities.
I wasn't all too impressed with either director in Lucky Star, and the really abrupt scene transitions was a big part of that. But, don't forget, Azumanga Daioh just about had a different episode director for each episode.

But I do agree that Yamamoto is really handling this anime well. His directing so far has been very good. As far as his "failure" with Lucky Star is concerned, whether it was a challenging source material that was his undoing or other factors, it's hard to know. "Certain people" have conspiracy theories that Yamamoto was offed because he was resistive to filling the anime with references to other Kadokawa manga and anime, and that Kadokawa had a much easier time controlling his replacement. It's impossible for us to know for certain what happened, especially considering that all parties involved gave us little to work with.
Old 2008-11-03, 20:46   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this was a pretty solid episode. Bringing in Hakua's father makes things interesting. Can understand how the guy feels. Sure he knows Zange isn't evil, but its not really out there to want your child to be in full control of her own body. Hakua can clearly impose her will on some things, but do wonder how the situation will be fully resolved. Can't see them tossing out Zange's character so guess its a wait and see kind of thing.

Cooking contest was pretty funny. Nagi can pull something like that off, but doesn't bother . Zange got left out to dry on it as well. Maybe she should coordinate strategies before making herself look bad in the end.

Good that Nagi is building that base for herself. With some support she isn't in danger of vanishing and her powers can grow.
Old 2008-11-03, 21:18   Link #39
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 5 thoughts...

Wow. I just have to say that I really enjoyed this episode because it was hilarious from beginning to end.

Spoiler for Zange, Nagi and loyal crazy subjects...:

Oh yes, I'm also surprised to see that Kannagi got it's on thread. I guess more people enjoy this anime more than I thought.
Old 2008-11-03, 22:24   Link #40
Midonin
Last Engage

Loved seeing the Nagi fanclub. Also "YamaTube". The series really is quite enjoyable so far, and I'm looking forward to future episodes that don't have scanlated manga chapters yet. A bit of mystery is always fun.
Closed Thread