Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-08-12, 23:51   Link #261
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
That's why we got End of Evangelion. I've been a part of the EVA online community for years, and it's generally accepted that there is no way to sequelize Evangelion. It'd be A) Shinji's dream world where everything is cool and awesome, or B) post Third Impact where everyone except Shinji and Asuka are dead. A) already has a manga [Angelic Days] and B) would be horribly boring except to S/A pairing fans.
First of all everyone didn't "die", they were all joined into one huge selective consciousness, and it was stated that people can return from there should they choose it.
Old 2007-08-13, 04:27   Link #262
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

one Question is on my mind.will Rebuild Evangelion will be unlicensed for a while so the fansub Community have a crack at subbing it? or it will get Licensed right after like all of them is out on DVD.
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 04:59   Link #263
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreMaster View Post
one Question is on my mind.will Rebuild Evangelion will be unlicensed for a while so the fansub Community have a crack at subbing it? or it will get Licensed right after like all of them is out on DVD.
It is a movie. So unless you want to watch a cam-corder fansub, there would not be anything on the net until the DVDs come out in Japan many, many months later.
(There could be leaks, but don't count on it.)
Old 2007-08-13, 10:00   Link #264
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreMaster View Post
I can imagine ADV snapping up the license asap.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 02:57   Link #265
Silent Xenocide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It is a movie. So unless you want to watch a cam-corder fansub, there would not be anything on the net until the DVDs come out in Japan many, many months later.
(There could be leaks, but don't count on it.)
I wouldn't mind watching a camcorder sub. Better than nothing.
Silent Xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 03:40   Link #266
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

Send a message via AIM to Arcwave Send a message via MSN to Arcwave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Xenocide View Post
I wouldn't mind watching a camcorder sub. Better than nothing.
I refuse to watch a camcorder dub. I think it would ruin the initial nostalgia on my side. There is bound to be a direct-digital copy that will make it online in full quality. I actually leave for Japan next April, and HOPEFULLY the second EVA film will be in theaters.

/j
Arcwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 03:54   Link #267
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Whenever ADV license the movies --- or if they'll do one at a time, i'm not that sure.
i justhope it doesn;t take a long time. I would be infuriated if they released it like...a year after it showed in japan. Was evangelion a hit in the us? I just watched it recently (like..last year) so I dont know if it was popular when it was first released. But theres always good reviews on it so maybe they will get it fast. I want the DVD's.
Old 2007-08-18, 18:16   Link #268
Kisuke06
I see...

Guess who is on the cover of the September issue of Rolling Stone magazine in Japan?

On the magazine they speculate about the theme of the movies. Since this edition of the magazine will talk about the ecology, they also speculate if this theme will be developed in the movies.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 19:41   Link #269
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
On the magazine they speculate about the theme of the movies. Since this edition of the magazine will talk about the ecology, they also speculate if this theme will be developed in the movies.
HUH!?

I shall ceremoniously lose my respect for the Anno/GAINAX/whoever is in charge this time, if that is the case.

Nice Rei pic, though.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 03:07   Link #270
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

Hah! Nice find, Kisuke06. I actually saw this on the Anime News Network a few days ago. That's really cool that Rei debuted on it.

Only a couple more weeks until the movie!

/j
Old 2007-08-19, 03:37   Link #271
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
HUH!?

I shall ceremoniously lose my respect for the Anno/GAINAX/whoever is in charge this time, if that is the case.

Nice Rei pic, though.
I think after all the death threats and graffitis on their building, Gainax don't care about being respected any more. I mean, it's not like they haven't heard it all before. This movie will work if they did what they wanted, not what other people wanted.
Old 2007-08-19, 10:35   Link #272
Kisuke06
I see...

http://www.emimusic.jp/hikki/beautifulworld/index_j.htm

New PV, with some new scenes.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 10:47   Link #273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisuke06 View Post
Thanks a lot for the link Kisuke.

The scenes shown in the PV do the first film justice --- looking clean and beautiful. Its also good to see plenty of Shinji, acting the Shinji way.

Once again, looks beautiful.
Old 2007-08-19, 11:06   Link #274
7Th
Mixtape

This new trailer looks much better than the other ones I've seen to this date, for some reason everything looks cleaner but not as CGI-ish in there. Nice.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 14:16   Link #275
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

I agree, I liked this new PV a lot. I'm still curious as to rather or not they will use the Cruel Angels Thesis. I'm surprised that they haven't used it in of the trailers/PV's.

/j
Old 2007-08-19, 14:29   Link #276
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I found the article by Hideaki Anno regarding the poster. It is as follows:

Many different desires are motivating us to create the new "Evangelion" film.

The desire to portray my sincere feelings on film.
The desire to share, with an audience, the embodiment of image, the diversity of expressions, and the detailed portrayal of emotions that animation offers.
The desire to connect today's exhausted Japanese animation [industry] to the future.
The desire to fight the continuing trend of stagnation in anime.
The desire to support the strength of heart that exists in the world.

Finally, the desire to have these wishes be realized.

For these purposes, we used the best methods available to us to make another Evangelion film.
Many times we wondered, "It's a title that's more than 10 years old. Why now?"
"Eva is too old", we felt.
However, over the past 12 years, there has been no anime newer than Eva.

Specifically, among the stagnant mood of the present day, it is the portrayal of will - not technology - that is most important.
To support the fans that support animation, we felt that a work that would appeal to middle and high school-aged men, who quickly grow away from Anime, was necessary.
When we decided that we wanted to something to support the anime [industry] of today, the determination to return to this title was strong.

As the creator of this project, [I assure you that] a very new-feeling Evangelion world has beeen constructed.
For this purpose, we are not returning to our roots at Gainax. I have set up a production company and studio, and it is in this new setting that we will start again.
Without looking back, without admiration for the circumstances, we aim to walk towards the future.
Thankfully, we have gathered staff from the old series, new staff, and many other fantastic staff to work on this series.
We realize that we are creating something that will be better than the last series.

”Eva" is a story that repeats.
It is a story where the main character witnesses many horrors with his own eyes, but still tries to stand up again.
It is a story of will; a story of moving forward, if only just a little.
It is a story of fear, where someone who must face indefinite solitude fears reaching out to others, but still wants to try.
We hope that you look forward to the 4 new retellings of this story.

In closing, it is also our job to provide a service to our customers.
Although it seems obvious, we aim to create a form of entertainment that anyone can look forward to; one that people who have never seen Evangelion can easily adjust to, one that can engage audiences as a movie for theatres, and one that produces a new understanding of the world.

This fall, we hope you can join us.

Creator/General Director, Anno Hideaki

/j
Old 2007-08-20, 08:21   Link #277
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcwave View Post
I agree, I liked this new PV a lot. I'm still curious as to rather or not they will use the Cruel Angels Thesis. I'm surprised that they haven't used it in of the trailers/PV's.
Seeing as though its a new project, then i wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear it at all. I'm more interesting in knowing if the new work shall be using the original score from the TV series, or a whole new one.

Also, i've heard a few people mentioning the Shinji from the manga. I wouldn't mind seeing the Rei from the manga...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-20, 11:05   Link #278
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Well, she looks much less stoic in the trailers compared to her anime counterpart so you might be in luck.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 12:05   Link #279
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

That trailer looked incredible. The animation and artwork is so much better than the original and improved in many ways. I can't wait for it to be released now (including Hikki's new single with that song in it). :P

Also, mcruz, I have a question:
Spoiler for For off-topic:
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 12:36   Link #280
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm more interesting in knowing if the new work shall be using the original score from the TV series, or a whole new one.
I'm pretty sure that the score will be the same, or at least close to the same. Recording was recently finished at Abbey Road Studios about a week ago. I hope we get to hear some more Baroque-era music; that always added a lot to the series.

/j

Last edited by Arcwave; 2007-08-20 at 12:36. Reason: typo

Tags
movie, remake