Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2019-07-17, 10:59   Link #1921
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
That one is actually OVA 2, OVA1 got delay to december.
s2 maybe 1st or 2nd quarter of next year
8 bit already have studio dedicated to Slime so I think they should have enough time
You should tell that to raw provider/uploader. I only read the tittle which they named it OAD 1.

Man, i really want to see dungeon maker arc, where rimul, vel, milim, and ramiris playing Real RPG there. Hope that one covered in s2.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-21, 10:20   Link #1922
dark44

It's implied that Rimuru Tempest is Lucia's reincarnation since it's stated by Velda that only the real Lucia could wield Wisdom Lord Raphael.

Is this true or only spiculation?
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-21, 10:26   Link #1923
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
It's implied that Rimuru Tempest is Lucia's reincarnation since it's stated by Velda that only the real Lucia could wield Wisdom Lord Raphael.

Speculation, the story didn't mention "Only Real Lucia" at all
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-21, 16:22   Link #1924
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post

It's false.

1. Great Sage could not become Wisdom Lord Raphael sacrificing with Shizu's Degenerate, like how Glottony sacrificed Mercyless One to evolve to Gluttonous Lord Beelzebuth. Note that Great Sage is NOT called "Wisdom", unlike the other 7 virtues and 7 sins series, so Great Sage becoming Wisdom Lord Raphael in the first place is an anomaly of some sort. It's hence more likely that Rimuru's predator shows him (and Orc Disaster Geld) as a reincarnated fragment of whoever was the original possessor of Gluttonous Lord Beelzebuth.

2. Great Sage developed an ego from ground up hence it's either a different ego compared to the one that Lucia possessed, or it is the first instance of Wisdom Lord Raphael having an ego in the first place (i.e. the Lucia's Raphael didn't have an ego). However it's clear that by the time of being Ciel at the latest, Ciel had completely found and analyzed everything there was to analyze from Wisdom Lord Raphael, which likely include memories of either the original Raphael and/or Lucia.

3. Veldanava + Lucia failed to regain Turn Null and have been ruined by the Voice of the World but Ciel not only succeeded at recreating Turn Null and getting rid of its weakness but also can also do things like "hide" the Voice of the World, hence Rimuru, of whom Ciel is a part of, is superior to Veldanava and Lucia combined in terms of wisdom and intelligence.

4. The series had a "lowly mortals among humans and monsters rise up for their own reasons while having to deal with dumb past decisions of long dead mythical creatures" theme going on. Both Yuuki and Rimuru became the top dogs of the multiverse despite all the bullshit OP several millenia (or more) old myths personified around them. Having Rimuru be the reincarnation of one of these old mythological existence would just cheapen everything.
Old 2019-07-26, 09:26   Link #1925
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Damn it, Rimuru. I guess I'll finally have to change my avatar soon. That sadistic smile from the final panel of ch. 60 really fits Rimuru so well it should be illegal. It's far better than him just having the "cold bloodlusty look" because that's too close to what Great Sage/Raphael looks like. I wish he wouldn't almost completely revert to his "old self" afterward. I mean he stops the whole super naive stuff and basically turns from a lawful good individual to a lawful neutral individual, but still I feel like I am going to miss THIS Rimuru once the arc is over.
Old 2019-07-27, 11:03   Link #1926
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Damn it, Rimuru. I guess I'll finally have to change my avatar soon. That sadistic smile from the final panel of ch. 60 really fits Rimuru so well it should be illegal. It's far better than him just having the "cold bloodlusty look" because that's too close to what Great Sage/Raphael looks like. I wish he wouldn't almost completely revert to his "old self" afterward. I mean he stops the whole super naive stuff and basically turns from a lawful good individual to a lawful neutral individual, but still I feel like I am going to miss THIS Rimuru once the arc is over.
well, Rimuru will have moments in the future like these i.e. “I’m gonna ruin these bastards’ whole career” kind of smile

in case some haven’t read the news, Slime manga & LN topped the sale on Bookwalker for the first half of 2019: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...r-2019/.149292
YAY!!!!
Old 2019-07-28, 02:18   Link #1927
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
well, Rimuru will have moments in the future like these i.e. “I’m gonna ruin these bastards’ whole career” kind of smile

in case some haven’t read the news, Slime manga & LN topped the sale on Bookwalker for the first half of 2019: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...r-2019/.149292
YAY!!!!
A lot of series in that list is actually very good and Slime top them all down... amazing indeed.
who would have thought Slime is 1st rank despite it come from Isekai genre
Old 2019-07-28, 19:55   Link #1928
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
A lot of series in that list is actually very good and Slime top them all down... amazing indeed.
who would have thought Slime is 1st rank despite it come from Isekai genre
To be fair, most of the entries in this case ARE isekai. As you can see weekly shounen jump or weekly shounen magazine stuff are nowhere to be found.
Old 2019-07-28, 21:09   Link #1929
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
To be fair, most of the entries in this case ARE isekai. As you can see weekly shounen jump or weekly shounen magazine stuff are nowhere to be found.
I think Slime also almost top in another list as well, the only obstacle is One Piece which is understandable
Old 2019-07-29, 16:00   Link #1930
tsunade666

reading volume 8 of LN, reminds me of why I didn't like tenshura that much. I want to facepalm a lot of times with how naive and easy going Rimuru is. I just can't like his ways. he is a lot worse, in some ways, than in his wn version. he likes to act on his own and didn't consult much Raphael. it's the same when fighting Cayman or when dealing with hirata but most of the time.... ugh. I just want to bash my head on the table while reading it.

it's funny and all with good politics but I just can't go agree with the way going feel of it.
Old 2019-07-29, 17:37   Link #1931
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
reading volume 8 of LN, reminds me of why I didn't like tenshura that much. I want to facepalm a lot of times with how naive and easy going Rimuru is. I just can't like his ways. he is a lot worse, in some ways, than in his wn version. he likes to act on his own and didn't consult much Raphael. it's the same when fighting Cayman or when dealing with hirata but most of the time.... ugh. I just want to bash my head on the table while reading it.

it's funny and all with good politics but I just can't go agree with the way going feel of it.
I got the impression that Rimuru tries to subconciously prevent himself from becoming too reliant on others, escpacially Raphael, and turn into a "spoiled brat" like Veldora, Ramiris or Milim as a consequence. Or perhaps he just doesn't want to "lose" against Raphael. If you look at it from that perspective then it's actually quite endearing to see Rimuru and Raphael each try hard to be "equal to each other".
Old 2019-07-29, 18:04   Link #1932
tsunade666

i also get the feeling that Raphael turning into cowl is gradually being introduced. in wn, I feel that it lacks the emotions that it starting to show when it turns into ciel. here, Rimuru are spotted on commenting on Raphael feelings.
Old 2019-08-01, 13:04   Link #1933
Yan3242

Uuuugh next chapter when?!!!? The cliffhanger is intense!
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 23:40   Link #1934
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
Uuuugh next chapter when?!!!? The cliffhanger is intense!
next chapter should be around 26
Old 2019-08-02, 06:17   Link #1935
tsunade666

lol, Rimuru is man of culture.

"megumin's chest. flat. amazing"
Old 2019-08-02, 09:16   Link #1936
mickbis

Quote:
lol, Rimuru is man of culture.

"megumin's chest. flat. amazing"
huh? did they interact? where is this from?
Old 2019-08-03, 17:35   Link #1937
tsunade666

vol 8 when Rimuru is planning for the traps in the dungeon. there is more to it but it's an exploding chest. there is also the mimic chest but that megumin's chest cracks me up.
Old 2019-08-04, 11:28   Link #1938
mickbis

Quote:
vol 8 when Rimuru is planning for the traps in the dungeon. there is more to it but it's an exploding chest. there is also the mimic chest but that megumin's chest cracks me up.
I see a good reference ( by translator? ),I skip those part as I want to fast reading it
Old 2019-08-04, 11:56   Link #1939
tsunade666

not reference, it's there. translated as is. after mimic chest. search for the word megumin in vol 8. megumin become synonymous to explosion.
Old 2019-08-04, 12:04   Link #1940
mickbis

Quote:
not reference, it's there. translated as is. after mimic chest. search for the word megumin in vol 8. megumin become synonymous to explosion.

lol just notice that line, Fuse is an author of culture indeed

Tags
demon lord, evolution, isekai, op slime, reincarnation