AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-01-14, 11:58   Link #5061
Lex79

I previously said, based on the spoilers, that I can understand how Nino feels but she looks like a sore loser. I'm saying now after reading the chapter that I can understand how Nino feels but I seriously wanted Fuutarou to punch her in the face.
I also have to thank again Negi for giving the development I wanted when the story is over and it's too late. /s
On a different note, I tend to like more manga that keep going after the main characters confess/start dating, butbI don't mind too much series that end with the confession if that comes after proper development and buildup and the story made the feelings of the protagonists clear. This time I'm getting no romantic development for Fuutarou before the confession because mystery and no romantic development after the confession because pointless drama. Well done Negi.
Old 2020-01-14, 11:59   Link #5062
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Now it released ...

Love how several discussions outside goes,
"Nino is a b*tch, its because of her we can't have Yotsuba dating chapter. Doing nothing? Yotsuba is always reliable and help him as MC claim on his confession!"

I guess mission accomplished, now Nino looks awful, at least for non-Japanese reader.

Old 2020-01-14, 13:48   Link #5063
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
So Itsuki admits that she didn't care at all how Ichika, Nino or Miku made efforts to gain Fuutarou's affection, she decided that solely supporting Yotsuba getting together with Fuutarou was the only correct choice. But now that her wish was granted, she can't even be happy for them, not because of her other sisters being down, but because of her own feelings of uneasiness. *Clap* *Clap* What a joke.

With all of the lame cold talks, Nino is the saving grace of the chapter with that remark to Yotsuba. Already elaborated on it in previous posts.

It really felt like Fuutarou wanted to talk about Itsuki about confessing to Yotsuba, that's why Yotsuba being there killed his plan. Anything, but Itsuki being his practice partner, I swear...

If the Nino-Yotsuba confrontation just ends with a quick reconciliation after Yotsuba displays the willingness to date Fuutarou, then it will just prove how the past 3-4 chapters were mostly a waste of time. Out with the KG secret! Out with the Rena secret!
I bolded the NOW.
That's wrong and I pointed it out on other chapters being the pool chapter one of the most attention catching:
Itsuki in her words supports Yotsuba but in her actions plays against Yotsuba.
That hasn't changed at all so far.
Old 2020-01-14, 14:04   Link #5064
WingedAccelerator

In the pool chapter, her worry was that a bloodbath will happen between the sisters, if Fuutarou arrives. Chapter 91 was the setup. She overreacted and admitted her mistake. Even the fact that she had to slide with Fuutarou was only there, because she is the neutral one and a rival that way can't one-up another rival. In hindsight, we can say that she was not allowed to be direct with being Rena, because Negi wanted the plot to reach a conclusion, where Fuutarou chooses Yotsuba without knowing the full extent of KG and Rena. So she didn't play against Yotsuba, and the NOW stands, because Fuutarou chose Yotsuba and she wanted to influence Fuutarou to pick her with Rena, because she knew that KG meant the world to Fuutarou. That's why when Fuutarou told her his grateful speech, she suggested Yotsuba to come clean and tell him already that she is KG. She voiced this again in Chapter 90.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-14, 17:08   Link #5065
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Now it released ...

Love how several discussions outside goes,
"Nino is a b*tch, its because of her we can't have Yotsuba dating chapter. Doing nothing? Yotsuba is always reliable and help him as MC claim on his confession!"

I guess mission accomplished, now Nino looks awful, at least for non-Japanese reader.

I wonder if Negi is trying to destroy his career with all this bullshit, this last chapter was embarrassing and painful to read to say the least.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-14, 20:39   Link #5066
devil_slayer

Is there another break next week?
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-15, 02:02   Link #5067
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

OMG I HATE YOU GUYZ! YOU GUYZ MADE ME FULLY SUPPORT YOTSUBA AND NOW SHE LOSE BECAUSE OF IT! :HEH:

But seriously speaking, I only have myself to blame, because even though I swore not to fully support Yotsuba till I see that ring on her finger, I got carried away by that destiny 4chan GET. I always thought that after Yotsuba was revealed to be KG, that it will be Itsuki/Yotsuba endgame (before the KG reveal I thought it would Itsuki/Nino endgame), but I chose to prematurely celebrate anyways. But good thing Yotsuba is still the frontrunner, I guess? Which leads me to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon213 View Post
So what now? Think that yotsuba will still win or do you think itsuki will win in the end? I always thought that she gave small hints that she liked him (even if she didn't know that herself) and now in this chater she thought to herself 'this wierd feeling I have always had', showing that she has probably liked him for quite a while now only she is only becoming aware of it now.
As THE person who was pushing Itsuki the most just until recently, I do think she has romantic feelings, as this is the THIRD time that the story explicitly told us she was jealous/envious. The previous two were in c99 when she said she felt envious after Fuutarou's decison to choose at the end of the festival, and in c70 when girls were touchy-feely with Fuutarou. But as with all romance, it takes two to tango, and the all important question is if Fuutarou actually reciprocates.

If we had 1 more volume, then it's 70 Itsuki/25 Yotsuba/5 other girls chance of winning, and admittedly I thought it was going to be 15-16 volumes BECAUSE I thought Itsuki was going to win. But we only have 5-7 chapters left, which makes the switch improbable but not impossible, so it's 70 Yotsuba/25 Itsuki right now. Of course, that may be my Yotsuba bias skewing it too much on her side, but let me explain why I really do think Yotsuba is still the frontrunner:

Spoiler for it's lengthy don't say I didn't warn you:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-15, 03:17   Link #5068
Lex79

I still think you are worrying too much. There is nothing I'd love more than Itsuki winning, but Fuutarou Is dead set on Yotsuba with no ambiguity shown and there is mo time for him to gave a change of heart.
Old 2020-01-15, 03:36   Link #5069
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
I wonder if Negi is trying to destroy his career with all this bullshit, this last chapter was embarrassing and painful to read to say the least.
As long it sells like a hot cakes?

I don't know how it goes for Japanese reader; who knows if only AS readers found it as bad writing, while majority of readers out there agreed that Nino, Ichika and Miku deserved what they got.

Especially Nino who now revealed to be a b*tch unable to accept her defeat after all this time we think of her as a dreamy girl pursuing her love.

Old 2020-01-15, 03:47   Link #5070
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I still think you are worrying too much. There is nothing I'd love more than Itsuki winning, but Fuutarou Is dead set on Yotsuba with no ambiguity shown and there is mo time for him to gave a change of heart.
It also makes Fuu looks like the autumn skies if he changed heart now and both of them are not even start to date
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-15, 03:54   Link #5071
WingedAccelerator

What I fail to see is how Itsuki is the only candidate for an almost impossible switch scenario. The vibes I'm getting is almost similar to how reddit perceive Uruka in BokuBen. Whatever she does, it's a losing flag. Ichika talked to Fuutarou. She is out. Miku had a suppossed sendoff chapter without Fuutarou. She is out. Nino is just out for burning Yotsuba. People act like the switch depends on the girl realizing her feelings way too late, and not Fuutarou should be the one that comes to the realization that for whatever reason, he made a mistake with his pick, he is not in love with Yotsuba. And in that case, nothing guarantees he would just switch to Itsuki of all girls, first girl paranoia aside. If you want the bait aspect to be relevant with the switch outside of Yotsuba, then a girl who decided to support them after losing, or a girl who supposedly moved on would make a bigger switch than the support, who realized her feelings way too late.

Speaking of sendoff, I talked about at some point how Miku was the only quint Negi didn't bother to tweet about her festival chapter(s). Now the same with her suppossed sendoff chapter. He used her as the face of Christmas, and recently posted a doodle for the holiday with her. Yet, she didn't earn a proper semi-burial like 4 of the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
Is there another break next week?
I think there will be no breakes till the ending.
Old 2020-01-15, 04:19   Link #5072
Emperor of D.

I suppose it makes sense that Itsuki's role is starting to get bigger at this point of the story as not only is she the first girl introduced in the story but she also has the biggest connection to Fuutaro despite her feelings being ambiguous. Yotsuba being chosen also makes sense given their past and also because she's helped Fuutaro the most.

Despite Miku and Nino being the most popular in the fandom, they have the least in common with Fuutaro even though their feelings are more openly and Ichika is just there. So in a way it makes sense the final showdown would be between Itsuki and Yotsuba.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-15, 05:10   Link #5073
WingedAccelerator

Any kind of potential showdown is non-existent. Either Fuutarou sticks to his choice or picks someone else. But a showdown implies competing, fighting for Fuutarou, before he makes a choice. The choice already happened, there won't be a showdown, even if he changes his mind.

Whatever is the purpose of this arc, it started having Five in the chapter titles, so I guess it will be a 5 chapters long arc, so it ends in Chapter 119. Completely unnecessary if it was just Yotsuba dragging out dating Fuutarou.
Old 2020-01-15, 05:49   Link #5074
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

> Final Showdown

I'd say you expected too much;

As Winged said, the choice is already made. Now we saw other quints being made shot their own legs, currently at Nino turn.
No hard feelings but IMO the "Itsuki potential" will be no more no less than saying its her turn to be eliminated next; the author seems set on removing them for good, look at this chapter, no Miku and Ichika, the quints treated like they're going home to different houses just so they can make fuss on an empty classroom.

The remaining part to be closed is Itsuki disguise under Yotsuba order.
I kinda expecting we will got MC learned such event, Itsuki using that fact to confess, then we got "I love her no matter what, she changed my life, my first ally" things to knock both Nino and Itsuki ensuring they never annoy Yotsuba for the rest of their life.

Maybe with some, "Remember when I told you to get off in shopping mall? That's because I know you not Yotsuba".
That way we can get MC stand up to protect his GF as well as "Yotsuba did nothing wrong" also confirming first ally reason to be true because the past girl meant everything for him even after some talk about 'move on from past' at some previous chapters.
Old 2020-01-15, 07:17   Link #5075
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh no.. so the potential of the sisters kill each other still alive

dem Nino is on fire
and finally we could see a little bit about Itsuki's feeling... she started way too late.. don't ruin this author.. remove Itsuki for sure in 1-2 chapters
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-15, 08:18   Link #5076

Come on. Nino is obviously going to win.
Chapter 60: The conquest begins.
Chapter 120: The conquest ends.

Quote:
So Itsuki admits that she didn't care at all how Ichika, Nino or Miku made efforts to gain Fuutarou's affection, she decided that solely supporting Yotsuba getting together with Fuutarou was the only correct choice. But now that her wish was granted, she can't even be happy for them, not because of her other sisters being down, but because of her own feelings of uneasiness. *Clap* *Clap* What a joke.
If after all of that if Itsuki is the one to attempt to steal Fuutarou from Yotsuba I'm not sure about Negi's sanity.
I was thinking that maybe it's just the case of:
- She's not sure about her feelings
- 3rd party comes in with "It's LOVE of course!"
- She gets self concious and starts believing it herself.
And since her and Fuutarou were said multiple times to have very similar personalities...

Quote:
If the Nino-Yotsuba confrontation just ends with a quick reconciliation after Yotsuba displays the willingness to date Fuutarou, then it will just prove how the past 3-4 chapters were mostly a waste of time. Out with the KG secret! Out with the Rena secret!
I'd think that before this chapter, but now it seems like Nino's problem with Yotsuba is bigger than just her constanly running away, so I don't think it's just going to end with just that.
I also don't think that anything Yotsuba says can make Nino fold especially when Fuutarou and Itsuki are listening in. For that to happen she would either have to have a one-on-one converation with Yotsuba or Fuutarou, because I can't see Fuutarou and Itsuki being spectators to Nino giving up. Unless that's a common thing in romcoms that I'm unaware of.

Quote:
That way we can get MC stand up to protect his GF as well as "Yotsuba did nothing wrong"
To be precise: "Yotsuba did nothing"
Funny thing he couldn't do that in this chapter when Nino completely trashed her and his response to that was staring with a stupid expression and "N-Nino didn't mean it like that...". He's fucking pathetic. I guess he and Yotsuba are really made for each other.

Quote:
The anti-Nino commentary from Yotsuba fans has been going for some time because she refuses to go down. Same with Itsuki when she said she can't congratulate Yotsuba. Ichika and Miku kindly folded almost immediately, so they're treated all right.
No, looking at twitter, Nino is getting hate from the Japanese readers too.
At least Ichika turning into a villain was built up for multiple chapters and she had a lot of time to redeem herself. There's 5 chapters left and at this rate this will be how Nino is remembered. Well, I don't think she's wrong and got used to her being hated on for more than half of the manga.

I really wish that Nino's future plans that Negi tries to hide at all costs are going abroad as far away from her shitty sisters as possible so she won't be used as a stepping stone for their development ever again. Geting real tired of that shit after more than a year, Negi.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-15, 09:38   Link #5077
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I just skim this manga now
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-15, 09:43   Link #5078
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
What I fail to see is how Itsuki is the only candidate for an almost impossible switch scenario.
If one can provide where Negi even hints at another quint stealing Fuutarou's romantic feelings away from Yotsuba, I would agree with you. Probably the only one that gets close is Ichika with her stealing Yotsuba's identity way back when they were kids at the inn, but that particular thought has been squashed with Miku's closure chapter which basically states a quint can't truly become another quint. Of course one can't rule out that Negi may put a foreshadowing that hints at another quint doing the switch in a future chapter, but that currently is in the realms of speculation and we are running short on story time.

So yeah, unless I missed something, any non-Itsuki quint performing the switch is based on 'gut feelings' with no basis on what the story has shown us thus far. Which is a very poor indication of predictive power, and as such should be given minimal thought of it actually happening.

Because honestly, assuming Negi is NOT pulling a switch? Just like Nino 'throwing a fit' this chapter is Negi making a jab at the fandom that thinks Yotsuba did nothing to deserve her win, Itsuki potentially stealing Fuutarou's romantic feelings is Negi making a jab at the other part of the fandom that thinks this is "4toubun no Hanayome and the Great Friend Itsuki". Him bringing up the two most vocal criticism of his work in the same chapter is no coincidence, and he is killing two birds with one stone with what little story he has left to work with.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-15, 14:33   Link #5079
WingedAccelerator

A switch would be just another dice role. Not role stealing, not hinting the steal, just a switch. No need to overanalyze it, just because of first girl paranoia or how you still think Negi is a good writer, whose details 100% serve a purpose. Fuutarou pulled Ichika at least two times back, but make it three. He can easily do it with those, who have folded as well. Only one and a half day have passed since his choice.

Take a look at Scrambled Eggs. Negi went out of his way to suggest that Fake Itsuki is Ichika, only for it to be Miku. It was not a proof that Grandpa said that Fuutarou is touching her grandchildren again. He didn't say it was Miku again, only that Fuutarou already pulled something similar.
For a switch, it is practically Negi going out of his way to suggest that Itsuki will be the switch. Only for reality to strike that there will be no switch or he switches to someone unexpected.
Old 2020-01-15, 16:38   Link #5080
Honjo Masamune
The Fucking Master

This manga already went to shit a long time ago.....fuck Negi!!

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck