Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-15, 19:18   Link #81
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Actually, I thought she was like the "Greek Chorus" of the saga, commentating on the foolishness of mortals.

Then again, it could be the nature of the subtitles in the version I got.

World of C? What the heck is that?
"World of C" is where the people CC talks to resides. When CC shot Mao in episode 16, she said "Wait for me at the World of C".
Old 2008-05-15, 19:22   Link #82
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
"World of C" is where the people CC talks to resides. When CC shot Mao in episode 16, she said "Wait for me at the World of C".
Oh.

The subtitles I got read "Meet me in the world of the dead."

Hmm, letters for names for omnipotent beings from another plane of existence...

An allusion to the Q of Star Trek perchance?
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 19:28   Link #83
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Oh.

The subtitles I got read "Meet me in the world of the dead."
That's what it sounded like, but we have conformation that it is "World of C" in the videogame.
Old 2008-05-15, 19:33   Link #84
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
That's what it sounded like, but we have conformation that it is "World of C" in the videogame.
If this is really like Star Trek from whence I think the concept is drawn from, the concept of an entire plane of existence filled with Gods like her really sends shivers down the old spine.
Old 2008-05-15, 19:41   Link #85
DarkLordOfkichiku

As far as Norse mythology goes, Lelouch may well fit as Odin:

- Odin was a very good tactican/strategican, always seeking to improve things for the gods as far as the final battle and other things were concerned (mainly through intrigues and meddlingin things here and there). He was also apparently a very good chess player just like Lelouch.

- He was a master of disguises and aliases; he would often travel among mortals and immortals alike in disguise, doing his work and putting plans in motion that way, just as Lelouch does, sort of.

- He's apparently not much of a fighter; he does have the spear Gungnir which never missess it's target though (the Hadron cannons of the Gawain, perhaps?).

- He sacrified one eye to get more power, just like Lelouch did, sorta.

If Lelouch fits as Odin, perhaps Rolo would fit as Loki, since Loki worked for both sides, sort of and was the blood-brother of Odin. Perhaps Nunnally could be considered Hodr in the Norse mythology, who was blind and was tricked into killing Balder (That'd possibly be Suzaku, I think <_<) by Loki...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 19:49   Link #86
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
If this is really like Star Trek from whence I think the concept is drawn from, the concept of an entire plane of existence filled with Gods like her really sends shivers down the old spine.
It is strongly implied that CC was a human. Your bias against independent women are showing.
(And did you forget that Lulu's MOTHER is in the World of C?)

If you want someone to be afraid of, go with V.V. At least he is an antagonist.
Old 2008-05-15, 19:53   Link #87
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
It is strongly implied that CC was a human. Your bias against independent women are showing.

Is there a place sir I can catch up with the ever-so-rich mythology of this world?

I know I've only being a Code Geas fan for 5 days (and boy oh boy what a 5 days it has been!!), but I kinda feel like the village idiot here.
Old 2008-05-15, 19:59   Link #88
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Is there a place sir I can catch up with the ever-so-rich mythology of this world?

I know I've only being a Code Geas fan for 5 days (and boy oh boy what a 5 days it has been!!), but I kinda feel like the village idiot here.
Honestly, most of the mythology of the world is still largely speculation.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 20:03   Link #89
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

CC is likely a human because she had a name. A very nice name, according to Lulu. (And by the way, they actually said her name in the recording in the cave scene, and then covered it up with the sound of flowing water. So the voice actors know what is CC's true name.)

Lulu's mother actually asked CC to visit Japan and to make sure Lulu's okay, hence you see CC at the very start of episode 1. Lulu's mum had been dead for years by then, so it is clearly a voice from the grave.
Old 2008-05-15, 20:21   Link #90
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Lulu's mother actually asked CC to visit Japan and to make sure Lulu's okay, hence you see CC at the very start of episode 1. Lulu's mum had been dead for years by then, so it is clearly a voice from the grave.

Wasn't it that C.C. already met Lulu's mother?
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 20:59   Link #91
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
I'm more interested in the ruins, Bardley speculated it was related to why they had been invading certain countries, and as they have been studying these ruins more advanced technology has become available such as the Hadron cannon, and the flight wings.
When was it said that the ideas for the Hadron Cannons and Float system came from them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Actually, I put V.V more in the category of Loki myself, because he seems far more mischievous then C.C is while demonstrating basically the same abilities, and he is technically the one trying to 'slay the gods' alongside Charles. Maybe C.C can be Fenrir's giantess mother Angrboda? >_>
I'd have to agree with this. Given V.V.'s playful personality surrounding certain things as well as his ability to appear very cold at the same time, he seems much more like Loki than C.C. ever did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
It really is a masterpiece, and with such a large cast of characters many of which not even introduced or have returned yet, the story re-set, and the director saying it's just begun, I can't agree with Ashlay or Krimzon's opinion that the series will end at 50 episodes.
So the fact that it was said that it was only going to be 50 episodes doesn't mean anything? I don't want this any longer than 50 episodes myself. I can't handle anymore than 50 episodes.

Quote:

That and there was a list of things regarding the show in magazines or interviews (I have everything jumbled together so I don't know with) that included this: "C.C. was originally a normal human being."

And he at least seems evil (and annoying). If that word even applies in this show.

Quote:
CC is likely a human because she had a name. A very nice name, according to Lulu. (And by the way, they actually said her name in the recording in the cave scene, and then covered it up with the sound of flowing water. So the voice actors know what is CC's true name.)

I find it very annoying and cruel that Taniguchi pulled that on us. Is the name really as important as they made it out to be? With how they would have to redo all the relationship charts, or was that possibly exaggerating to get people excited?

Well, we never actually confirmed her death for sure since it seems V.V. can communicate too. I'm willing to bet she really is dead though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post

Wasn't it that C.C. already met Lulu's mother?
Never gone into, though it seems probable that they met prior to her death. It's possible that it may have been one of the reasons Marianne was killed.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 21:22   Link #92
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
When was it said that the ideas for the Hadron Cannons and Float system came from them?
The Hadron Cannon was an incomplete design based on the occult research developed by those working under Schneizel, but I think the research initially began under Clovis. After which Laksharta managed to concentrate the beam. Episode 19-20

The Float System was developed by Asplund, the one used in Episode 20 was experimental and used alot more energy, but I find it too great a coincidence that it would be put into use one episode after Lloyd gets to research on the data at the ruins.

Quote:
So the fact that it was said that it was only going to be 50 episodes doesn't mean anything? I don't want this any longer than 50 episodes myself. I can't handle anymore than 50 episodes.
That was speculation, and money talks. Yeah, I can understand you not wanting more than 50 since it looks like before we even make it to R2 Episode 7 you might storke out.
Old 2008-05-15, 21:25   Link #93
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Could you give me a specific scene because it seems rather odd to get weapons info off of ancient ruins. I only recall info that spoke of how they were planning on using the Gawain to research the occult data of the ruins?

I agree that money talks, but Taniguchi seems like the kind of man who just wants to tell a story and isn't going to extend the series just for that.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-15, 21:32   Link #94
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Could you give me a specific scene because it seems rather odd to get weapons info off of ancient ruins. I only recall info that spoke of how they were planning on using the Gawain to research the occult data of the ruins?
Thats backwards, Dann.

The research of the data resulted in the development of the Gawain, which contained the ability of flight and the Hadron Cannon. Not vice-versa.
Old 2008-05-15, 21:33   Link #95
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Meh, I'll look through the episodes to see if this is true.

Old 2008-05-15, 21:36   Link #96
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

WAAAAIIIIT a second!!

V.V is a he?

Oh, CLAMP is at it again!!
Old 2008-05-15, 21:38   Link #97
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, that was confirmed a while ago.

Old 2008-05-15, 22:21   Link #98
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
WAAAAIIIIT a second!!

V.V is a he?

Oh, CLAMP is at it again!!
V.V. is voiced by an actual boy actor.
Old 2008-05-15, 22:23   Link #99
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

A rather inexperianced one if I remember correctly. I always thought he was a boy, though I got confused when people started saying he was actually a girl.

Old 2008-05-15, 22:24   Link #100
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
A rather inexperianced one if I remember correctly. I always thought he was a boy, though I got confused when people started saying he was actually a girl.
Hence the method-acting.