Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-12-10, 11:53   Link #921
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm also waiting for them to confirm that those who eat the fruit turn into high class Inves. There was that feeling in episode 1 with Yuuya, and it was heavily implied in this episode with that one worker.
I've been waiting for this since the first episode. I can't wait to see Kouta's reaction when he finds out he's killed his friend.
Old 2013-12-10, 11:58   Link #922
GDB

I'm also curious what's up with that girl who looks like a cross between Mai and a Final Fantasy character that appears before the Riders and warns them of their fate. Like, if they chose to heed her warning... is there really anything they can do to change it? Seems like she doesn't appear until after they use the belt and transform, at which point they're already past the point of no return, it seems.

That said, we saw her appear to Kouta and Kaito, but did she appear to Zangetsu, Micchy, the 2 idiots, or the cake shop owner? And how long until she actually takes up a role in the story at all?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 00:32   Link #923
Jimmy C

One thing occurred to me that sets this show apart from its recent predecessors. As yet, there is no villain faction that is creating the monsters of the week and throwing them at the Riders. What fights against monsters is the equivalent of running into dangerous wildlife and having to deal with it.
In fact, there is no obvious villain faction yet! Even though Yggdrassil Corp. appears to have the nefarious intentions, even they have to fight off the Invess to continue their operations.
Gen's certainly doing things differently from previous Rider shows.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 20:55   Link #924
GDB

So, Micchy finally uses Kiwi... only to promptly run from the fight so Kouta can waste Watermelon on something relatively weak overall. And rather than stay in Kiwi form, he switches back to Grape for no apparent reason. Kiwi definitely seemed strong from its limited use, but without an actual battle it's hard to tell.

What's truly impressive is the White Rider is so strong despite only using a level 4 seed. Wonder if this is one of those things like in Fire Emblem, where the seed level is like starting stats, the lower the level the lower the starting stat, but also the higher the growth rate.
Old 2013-12-17, 03:39   Link #925
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Just finished watching the episode.

Looks like Kouta's plan will backfire next episode. He'd just messed with the wrong guy.

Also, Sid's gonna be in for a lot of trouble after this incident.
Old 2013-12-21, 15:36   Link #926
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Things are getting interesting, I feel like Micchy's brother is being honest when he says he's trying to make the world a better place while Sid and everyone else doing things behind his back are the actual evil ones.

Also, the fight scenes in this episode were, again, vastly different from those of other episodes. It seems like they really do get completely different directors for each episode.

Spoiler for episode 10:

Last edited by Darkman.exe213; 2013-12-21 at 16:39.
Darkman.exe213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 17:02   Link #927
GDB

I think he said he hated how they treated battles like a game. However, an actual game is okay to be played.
Old 2013-12-21, 22:44   Link #928
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I wanted to see Bravo & Zangetsu in a 1 on 1.
Old 2013-12-22, 23:09   Link #929
justavisitor

Episode 11 is really good imo. Finally, a series that is story-driven.

No more two episodes filler please, toei...I know it's hard, but so far, this newest series is doing the job right.

And I guess Micchy's brother does not watch TV/surf online often. His brother is always caught dancing live right on the webcast, how is it possible for his brother not to know?? XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 23:22   Link #930
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I think Takatora doesn't even have a break. Especially when he's at Helheim most of the time.
Old 2013-12-24, 15:52   Link #931
GDB

Good episode. You can definitely feel the "end of act.i" vibe as things shift to becoming more serious from this point onwards.
Old 2013-12-24, 23:30   Link #932
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

What a good way to end the year. The stage is set for a bigger war. And they're going to start 2014 with a bang.

If Urobuchi goes on like this, he's gonna be one of the best writers Toei ever hired for the franchise.
Old 2014-01-05, 04:42   Link #933
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Terrible banana joke is doing TERRIBLE TERRIBLE damage.
Old 2014-01-05, 20:33   Link #934
justavisitor

hmm...no idea of what the above post means

Back on topic, this series is really looking good. I haven't been this attracted to the series since blade. Hope Toei takes note of this and knows how to produce a good show in the future

I really hope that Toei won't mess this up. We have witnessed many many promising series get wasted....
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2014-01-06, 20:56   Link #935
GDB

First episode of act.ii was really good. The Kouta / Micchy rift has begun, Kouta has definitely leveled up (taking out multiple low level Inves without using special abilities, and then taking out evolved Inves (x3) just by using the Orange Lock), and the Energy Belts are revealed, evolving the white Rider's shield into a bow.

Plus next week, it looks like we'll get Banana Gaim, and Kurokage might be suiciding into an Inves.
Old 2014-01-08, 09:18   Link #936
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Just finished Ep. 12. I really like Zangetsu Shin's debut.

And it's been almost ten years since they used a slashing bow. I already expected Sonic Arrow as a ripoff of Chalice's weapon.
Old 2014-01-08, 10:45   Link #937
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The white rider was already overpowered, and now he gets an even more powerful belt? Damn. Kouta and the others stand no chance unless they get their hands on one of those, as I'm sure they will.

Micchy disappointed me. He was willing to let innocents die just because he didn't want to get used anymore. He didn't even help Kouta when the latter was in trouble. What a dick!
Old 2014-01-08, 20:03   Link #938
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Liking the series right now, hoping the series can maintain the quality of episode 12.

Hmm, I wonder if Micchy himself was willing to throw away his driver...seems kinda suspicious that he would tell Kouta to do it without having done so himself first.
Old 2014-01-08, 20:04   Link #939
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Micchy disappointed me. He was willing to let innocents die just because he didn't want to get used anymore. He didn't even help Kouta when the latter was in trouble. What a dick!
Agree with you about Micchy being a dick. But that's an interesting thing about him. He's now at a crossroads. This is the time for him to make a decision that can change his life forever. An interesting character development for Micchy.
Old 2014-01-09, 00:16   Link #940
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Agree with you about Micchy being a dick. But that's an interesting thing about him. He's now at a crossroads. This is the time for him to make a decision that can change his life forever. An interesting character development for Micchy.
Of course, It's one thing that you are supposed to help when you have the power, but over the long run Micchy actually has a point of throwing that belt away. The main character can't detect those monsters. They just happen to see the monster attacking the innocent and they can't save everyone.

On the other hand, it's actually the corporation that has the resource to track down the monster, and the corporation needs to do a few monster hunt to cover everything up...

But, like every hero, Kota prefers to volunteer (Besides, he has a valid reason not to trust the corporation) XD

I really want to see how far this writing can go...let's say, will the evil corporation finally decide to get rid of the team gaim because they know too much?

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu