AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-11-26, 13:06   Link #21
Rias

The demo movie shows quite a bit of recap from ep3, with stuff like Sisesta sister + heart, Enge jumping off, Virgilla opening her eyes, and so on. But things I find weird/intriging is...

1. Pairing. We see George-Shannon, Kanon-Jessica, that fine. Even Beatrice-Virgilla and Eva-Beatrice-LD is fine. But I can't really see the connection between Berkenstal-Ronove...

2.Only Maria is left at the end. It's the scene where everyone was standing in front of the mansion, then all disappears except Maria. Ep1...?

3. Battler's family potrait. 2 faces are white-outed, one besides rudolf and one under. Judging from the shirt, the one below should be Enge. Then the one beside is...Kyrie? But why is her face white-outed? Unless it's Asumu...?

Then again, just the title word "Alliance" is intriging enough...a full force of Beato + Virgria +Eva-Beatrice? Maybe add in LD? Or perhaps it's witches vs witches?
Old 2008-11-26, 13:10   Link #22
Beato
The Endless Witch

Natsuhi and Rosa with the gun.... also Kyrie?
3 survivers?

EDIT?
Alliance = BeatoxBattler?

Last edited by Beato; 2008-11-26 at 13:25.
Beato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 13:37   Link #23
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Awesome OP, obviously. MAD video-like effects (I especially liked the War Towers, Kanon's sword and Virgilia's eye ones), and pretty stylish to boot.

I'm however saddened that this OP pretty much implies more and more that Virgi would obviously not on Battler's side (I was hoping the end was just a farce of Beato, but meh OTZ. It makes all the flashbacks with little sense then)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
3. Battler's family potrait. 2 faces are white-outed, one besides rudolf and one under. Judging from the shirt, the one below should be Enge. Then the one beside is...Kyrie? But why is her face white-outed? Unless it's Asumu...?
I think you are overthinking about it. The silhouette of the right person is unmistakenly Kyrie. I think the white out is just to have consistency with some "solar ray", nothing past this point (though it conveniently white out chibi ange face).
Old 2008-11-26, 14:14   Link #24
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Can someone please post a high quality download of the new OP? I saw it in low quality on youtube, but it seems like it could be more enjoyable in HQ ^^"
Ankoku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 14:14   Link #25
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

There is no HQ version
Old 2008-11-26, 14:35   Link #26
Ankoku-chan

Not even higher quality than this? That sucks...
Old 2008-11-26, 15:17   Link #27
Jaymer

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
The new opening is forking awesome.
I love it so much~
But Alliance of the Golden Witch?
All the witches gunna group together... ?
Also:
There is a higher quality video of the op on Nico...
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5365821
AND AGAIN!!
Hatless Kanon? Anyone notice that?
MOAR STUFF TO TYPE:
Rokkenjima looks like Tasmania lol
Old 2008-11-26, 16:05   Link #28
Ankoku-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymer View Post
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
The new opening is forking awesome.
I love it so much~
But Alliance of the Golden Witch?
All the witches gunna group together... ?
Also:
There is a higher quality video of the op on Nico...
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5365821
AND AGAIN!!
Hatless Kanon? Anyone notice that?
MOAR STUFF TO TYPE:
Rokkenjima looks like Tasmania lol
What's all that text going across the screen on the Nico video? I don't regularly use NND so...
Old 2008-11-26, 16:57   Link #29
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
1. Pairing. We see George-Shannon, Kanon-Jessica, that fine. Even Beatrice-Virgilla and Eva-Beatrice-LD is fine. But I can't really see the connection between Berkenstal-Ronove...
RONOVE IS SECRETLY AKASAKA IN DISGUISE.

AHAHAHAHAHA. -shot-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku-chan View Post
What's all that text going across the screen on the Nico video? I don't regularly use NND so...
The text is just comments people have made. You can turn them off when watching the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymer View Post
There is a higher quality video of the op on Nico....
That video is better than the youtube one, but it isn't better than the one on the Melon Books' site. Most likely, there won't be a higher quality one until episode four is actually out.

Edit:
Wait, are people having trouble streaming off the Melon Books' site? It loaded faster than the nico one for me.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 16:57   Link #30
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku-chan View Post
I'm pretty sure those are the comments...

Weee a higher qualaty vid than the one on youtube 8D
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 17:12   Link #31
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Awesome new OP, I wonder if it'll still keep that one when it moves to the answer arcs.

And the name is definately odd. My first thought was a BeatoxBattler alliance, but, that seems pretty unlikely. And I do hope that Battler dosnt lose his main character status xD I quite like seeing as the main protagainst.

I cant wait to read Ep.3 now.
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 17:19   Link #32
Risa chan
Watcher

Quote:
Those are the comments, you can put them off , Look at the bottom there's a little bird with 'com' , click on it and it should disappear.

Anyway Awesome Op!
Old 2008-11-26, 17:43   Link #33
Coruja

When I saw this thread for the first time it really surprised me, lol.
Alliance of the Golden Witch? It sounds awesome. I won't speculate what the title possibly means as I have yet to play the 3rd episode, though.

The new opening animation looks NEAT.

Geez, I think I love Umineko way too much.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 17:50   Link #34
Ankoku-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risa chan View Post
Those are the comments, you can put them off , Look at the bottom there's a little bird with 'com' , click on it and it should disappear.

Anyway Awesome Op!
Thanks ^_^
Old 2008-11-26, 17:52   Link #35
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Alliance of the Golden Witch? Gee, that is such a interesting title I haven't even started playing the third game yet *sob*
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 19:59   Link #36
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

I think you are overthinking about it. The silhouette of the right person is unmistakenly Kyrie. I think the white out is just to have consistency with some "solar ray", nothing past this point (though it conveniently white out chibi ange face).
Perhaps I am , but I can't help but to associate that with the various Enge related comments from ep1~3. Enje is there, but also sometimes has her existance denied at some places, which combined together becomes a claim of the bad relationship between Battler and Enje. (Just because Enje likes Battler, as stated in ep3's TIPS, doesn't that the converse applies ) And the picture adds more oil to the fire by the claim that "the picture is showing Battler's inside world: that he never acknowledged Enje/Kyrie"

Or perhaps can be twisted into the fake Battler theory...

Here's a screencap taken from 2ch, for those who want to see the scenes that were flashed too fast in the video:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-26, 20:03   Link #37
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
LOL! EP4 is already announced!
Darn, I didn't even read EP3 yet!
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 20:56   Link #38
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Perhaps I am , but I can't help but to associate that with the various Enge related comments from ep1~3. Enje is there, but also sometimes has her existance denied at some places, which combined together becomes a claim of the bad relationship between Battler and Enje. (Just because Enje likes Battler, as stated in ep3's TIPS, doesn't that the converse applies ) And the picture adds more oil to the fire by the claim that "the picture is showing Battler's inside world: that he never acknowledged Enje/Kyrie"

Or perhaps can be twisted into the fake Battler theory...

Here's a screencap taken from 2ch, for those who want to see the scenes that were flashed too fast in the video:
Spoiler:
Battler also has his back towards Ange in the new op... and if you think about it why would there be any reason for Battler to like Ange with the way he reacted to his dad's remarriage. It would be more likely for him to think of Ange as someone who replaced him
Old 2008-11-26, 21:28   Link #39
Ankoku-chan

I wonder if something is going to happen with Kanon/Jessica in Ep. 4, since in the opening their part was all %&*$@^#&$ at the end o_O
Old 2008-11-26, 22:37   Link #40
chronotrig

Well, Jessica and Kanon were all %&*$@^#&$ at the end of ep3 too. Unlike the first opening, it doesn't look like they added that much hinting about the newer episodes that we haven't already seen. I thought it was more like a recap of ep3, actually.

And I hope this doesn't mean they're skipping out on the new OP for ep5 that Ryuukishi's been hinting at for a while.

...Haah, longer than ep3, he says...this is going to be fun to translate...but I can't wait!
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote