AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-02, 21:13   Link #2501
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't think I can agree with that. Previous arcs addressed Iori's identity issues. Taichi himself directly addressed them.
In the first arc, I only remember Taichi (hypocritically) claiming that he would be able recognize Iori even if she was in a different body, which he couldn't. Shortly afterwards, he confesses to her, not to the "real" her but only to the image she was projecting.

The third arc, I'd say, was more focused on Iori's precarious family situation. While it was definitely related to her identity problems, it was nothing more than a peripheral element of the entire problem she was concealing. It was the original cause of the problem for sure, but I wouldn't say that the problem was resolved right then. It was just relieved temporarily.

As far as I remember, the problem was only directly addressed in this final arc.
Quote:
So were all of the Iori cheerful moments in previous arcs a facade? How about that moment she yelled out "Yahoo!" in class during the "unleashed emotions" arc? I would think that was sincere cheerfulness. I mean, seeing as how it was an "unleashed emotion" and all.

And there were many times that Iori opened up to Taichi in previous arcs. Was that all a facade?

And if all of her cheerful moments with the rest of the club was a facade then why is she remaining friends with them?

I think there were times that Iori said things she didn't really mean because she didn't want to cause trouble (this particularly being the case with the love triangle). But I think that bright and cheerful Iori is closer to her true personality than what Iori herself might want to admit.
Yes and no. I'm sure they weren't entirely fake, but the very fact that she perceived them to be fake makes all the difference here. As her actions were heavily influenced by social perception, it's clear here how different she was before and after the phenomenon.

So while the Iori from before and after the incident are ostensibly similar, I'm convinced that they're entirely different people. The main difference I'm seeing here is in how they justify their own behavior, and I believe that to be an integral part of evaluating them as characters. You have one character that is motivated by social perception and another that acts under her own will. The difference here is clear.
Old 2013-01-02, 21:19   Link #2502
Kaneisvan137

Quote:
So were all of the Iori cheerful moments in previous arcs a facade? How about that moment she yelled out "Yahoo!" in class during the "unleashed emotions" arc? I would think that was sincere cheerfulness. I mean, seeing as how it was an "unleashed emotion" and all.

And there were many times that Iori opened up to Taichi in previous arcs. Was that all a facade?

And if all of her cheerful moments with the rest of the club was a facade then why is she remaining friends with them?
I think Iori's facade is more about herself... not really how she thinks about others
I mean she don't hate anyone or something like that... it's just that she doesn't want others to know her true personality...

maybe some stuffs like she doesn't want to befriend Yui anymore is because she doesn't want to hurt her accidentally when the "emotion transfer" occured

well thats just my personal opinion actually... don't mind me

anyway... is there any possibility of season 2?? I mean they did show the faces of the people from the next volume
Kaneisvan137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 22:45   Link #2503
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
I don't think I can agree with that. Previous arcs addressed Iori's identity issues. Taichi himself directly addressed them.

I think there were times that Iori said things she didn't really mean because she didn't want to cause trouble (this particularly being the case with the love triangle). But I think that bright and cheerful Iori is closer to her true personality than what Iori herself might want to admit.
It seems to me that Iori is trying to be cheerful and smiling eventhough she isnt fond of some situation. Remember, she herself saying that she is accustomed adjusting to situation. So eventhough she herself doesnt like the situation, she never let it out. And when this "telephaty" thing going on, she basicly cannot hide her true feeling and broke down...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 23:04   Link #2504
skullheart

The anime sorta shortened the scene between taichi, iori, and inaba and the reflection about what was said that day in the room. The major problem she had was that she had to be really polar. Either people like her or hate her, good or bad. It contradicts with what she said to Inaba in Kizu random. Basically after michi she was more balanced. It would have been better if they showed iori's new hairstyle after to show that she really did change
skullheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 01:26   Link #2505
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I had the same idea. I tried. I swear. The first day I was able to watch only the first episode ... but the day after I got overwhelmed by Inaban cuteness and watched all the last three episodes in a row.
You're right I oneshotted the last three episodes Mostly because of how cliff-hangerish their endings were

Well worth it if only just for Dereban's wet dream confession and subsequently her reaction to Taichi asking to date her
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 01:29   Link #2506
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're right I oneshotted the last three episodes Mostly because of how cliff-hangerish their endings were
Ye know, this show had been pretty damn good about giving us cliffhangers and dem previews. Good thing this arc came out in a bundle don't you think? I could imagine people screaming in pain if we make them wait a week after the end of episode 16 (Well... I'm sure a ton of people already screamed in agony after that 'ending' of episode 13 )
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 01:32   Link #2507
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Ye know, this show had been pretty damn good about giving us cliffhangers and dem previews. Good thing this arc came out in a bundle don't you think? I could imagine people screaming in pain if we make them wait a week after the end of episode 16 (Well... I'm sure a ton of people already screamed in agony after that 'ending' of episode 13 )
I don't know, 13 was fine- But I swear my head would explode had I not jump right into 16 after that cliff-hanger from 15
Old 2013-01-03, 01:34   Link #2508
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
I don't know, 13 was fine- But I swear my head would explode had I not jump right into 16 after that cliff-hanger from 15
Oh? How so? Kinda getting me curious there. It didn't feel like a cliffhanger for me.
Old 2013-01-03, 01:39   Link #2509
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Oh? How so? Kinda getting me curious there. It didn't feel like a cliffhanger for me.
Ah well looking back at it... The moment was so tense you could slice it with a knife I guess that's why it left me wanting more like a cliff hanger...

And a weird time to bring up, but for all the crap he has done Heartseed was a masterful troll letting Taichi's siscon thoughts get shared with everyone
Old 2013-01-03, 01:48   Link #2510
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Ah well looking back at it... The moment was so tense you could slice it with a knife I guess that's why it left me wanting more like a cliff hanger...

And a weird time to bring up, but for all the crap he has done Heartseed was a masterful troll letting Taichi's siscon thoughts get shared with everyone
True enough.

Spoiler for novel comparison remark:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-04 at 04:29. Reason: Please place the entire comparison behind spoiler tags
Old 2013-01-03, 06:46   Link #2511
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Can I ask again, what is the source of that information about "one more side story volume" after Asu Random?

Because I keep seeing that claim when what I see in the Author's Note of Volume 7 says "one more side story volume and one final main story arc", and the side story volume already came out as Volume 8.

Edit:

Actually, if you're talking about the one from the English Wiki:

Then I can confirm that it's very likely a mistype because Anda's claim about a side story volume is in Volume 7 and not 8. In fact, I even double checked BOTH Volume 7 and 8's Author's Note to confirm my doubts.
Is that so? I read only translated once so dunno about it. So 10th(Asu Random part 2) would be the last?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 10:25   Link #2512
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Just outta curiosity, does anyone know how well/poorly the series sold in general, especially after the whole prank fiasco? Did that really affect the sales?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 10:30   Link #2513
Azuma Denton
~AD~

^

This is the BD Sales of Hito Random from thread Anime DVD/BD Sales in Japan
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109699
Quote:
Kokoro Connect *2,321 (2+) (SILVER LINK./Sentai Filmworks)
2012/10/24 *2,588 Hito Random Part One (Two episodes)
2012/11/21 *2,053 Hito Random Part Two (Three episodes)
It is pretty bad...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 10:37   Link #2514
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It's not the bomb but less than average. But the all the prank thing didn't really affect the sales. Pre-orders weren't high most of the time.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 12:45   Link #2515
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Is that so? I read only translated once so dunno about it. So 10th(Asu Random part 2) would be the last?
I believe so.

That being said, there's always the chance that the author or the publisher might change their mind and make some last minute announcement when V10 goes on sale. It's not uncommon for a completed series to release extra side stories (Bungaku Shoujo comes to mind.)
Old 2013-01-03, 21:19   Link #2516
skullheart

There is the extra side story that comes with asu random part 1 about taichi's sister so not unlikely to add more side story later.
skullheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 22:53   Link #2517
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

All this talk about Iori and her identity issues makes me think she should be thrown into the midnight channel to fight her persona -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 09:53   Link #2518
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
All this talk about Iori and her identity issues makes me think she should be thrown into the midnight channel to fight her persona -_-
And she too, has starred the wrong show.
Old 2013-01-04, 10:38   Link #2519
s07195
However,

Really glad I watched episodes 14-17. This arc was animated very well.

DEREDEREDERE-BAN FTW!
Old 2013-01-04, 14:35   Link #2520
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Now that the show is over, is this a show worth picking up?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life