Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-29, 14:21   Link #1481
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
I also like her VA, not just in this anime but wherever else I hear her.

No matter the ratings, Beetrain still does a great job here IMO. Many other studios would immediately greatly lower the budget, but I myself feel as if they are still giving the show their best efforts to make it great.
yeah she's great...like when she's the dorm supe in maria + holic...soooooo funnnnnny hahahha
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 14:42   Link #1482
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppai View Post
IT all depends on who she chooses to believes. Either Reiji or the lies of Scythe.
Scythe didn't really lie to her though, as far as we know. He just said she left her there (he did), ran off with another woman (he did), and that he was a liar (technically true, even if he did it with good intentions).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 14:58   Link #1483
Oppai

Send a message via MSN to Oppai
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Scythe didn't really lie to her though, as far as we know. He just said she left her there (he did), ran off with another woman (he did), and that he was a liar (technically true, even if he did it with good intentions).
He did not leave her there. He thought she was dead! He did not run off with another women. When Cal "died" Reiji basically gave up on the tought of living and went to the training ground, and he was ok with the Idea of Elen killing him. She pretty much rekindled his will to live because he had someone else give him a reason to live. As for the lying, I dont really remember him doing so. When did he? I would go back and check some episodes but my computer crapped out on me and I lost all the anime series on my hard drive .

Scythe master might not have technically lied but he did twist the truth a bit because it was not Reiji's intention to do any of those things.
Oppai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 16:09   Link #1484
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Ratings? No I did not see them. Are they really that bad? This is easily becoming one of my favorite anime of all time, Im a little surprised it is not being followed as much as other shows. I guess today's anime fans only follow moe shows like K-on and cutes little stuff like that then?

You might look at it like if they want to have decent sale numbers they have to make sure they make what little fans they have left happy in order to maximize profits, thats just the Business major in me talking though.
This isn't an otaku title. Here's last week's ratings. (2% is considered average for late night.) The fans that you are talking about are the Western ones imo. It's prob going to generate low sales in Japan and sell like hotcakes here to mainstream fans.

I love Drei's seiyuu. That thin line between love and hate. Dreil should just stop while she is ahead. Reiji's focused on Elen for the most part for now imo.

Poor Elen. She can't leave for one day and not have a mess when she comes back. Kudos for insulting under pressure.

But I must admit when Reiji wanted to sacrifice himself for Elen, a part of me wanted that ending because of that stupid remark. What a naive, callous idiot. I laughed when Drei punched him. You go girl!

It's very entertaining to watch Drei spiral downwards getting more and more out of control. Sometimes you just got to let off steam by killing a few random people.

Last edited by orion; 2009-08-29 at 16:46.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 16:39   Link #1485
GDB

Quote:
He did not leave her there. He thought she was dead! He did not run off with another women. When Cal "died" Reiji basically gave up on the tought of living and went to the training ground, and he was ok with the Idea of Elen killing him. She pretty much rekindled his will to live because he had someone else give him a reason to live. As for the lying, I dont really remember him doing so. When did he? I would go back and check some episodes but my computer crapped out on me and I lost all the anime series on my hard drive .

Scythe master might not have technically lied but he did twist the truth a bit because it was not Reiji's intention to do any of those things.
It's not even twisting the truth. It's not supplying the whole truth. Reiji did leave Cal behind. He did so because he thought she was dead, but he still did it. He ran off with another woman. He did so because they both wanted to get away from Inferno and live peaceful lives, but he still did it. As for lying, Reiji lied all the time to Inferno to protect Cal, and other times to Cal herself to protect her. He did it with good intentions, but he still did it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 16:53   Link #1486
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Yeah cal's seiyuu is great, you can hear the "tsk, i'm fucking pissed and in a very jumpy mood right now" tone...and the scene where she's talking to lizzie, you can sorta hear the *denial* or *wants to be in denial* kinda undertone in her voice...listening to her voice, i just get this feeling that she (on the inside/subconsciously) wants herself to be wrong about reiji.

Props to the seiyuu, truly amazing work here.
Old 2009-08-29, 17:14   Link #1487
Oppai

Quote:
It's not even twisting the truth. It's not supplying the whole truth. Reiji did leave Cal behind. He did so because he thought she was dead, but he still did it. He ran off with another woman. He did so because they both wanted to get away from Inferno and live peaceful lives, but he still did it. As for lying, Reiji lied all the time to Inferno to protect Cal, and other times to Cal herself to protect her. He did it with good intentions, but he still did it.
Wether its twisting the truth or not supplying the whole truth, I still consider consider it to be lies. When your intentions are to make someone believe something other than whole truth its pretty much lying no matter what choice of manipulating information is used.

Some asked earlier "why didnt Reiji explain things to her?" but if find it just as fair to ask "why doesnt she demand an explanation from him?" Does she really trust Scythe's words that much that she doesnt need to hear them from Reiji?

Last edited by Oppai; 2009-08-29 at 17:25.
Old 2009-08-29, 17:24   Link #1488
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^no because she wants to believe what she WANTS to believe. If he at least tries to make a case with it, it doesn't seem like he really is what she claims he is to be.

In other words...If he would at least say something to tell her his true feelings, she'd at least have to consider it, even if she is too clouded to believe it. If he doesn't say anything about it and just acts shocked all the time, then she has more reason to believe that he has just been a stinkin liar and only wants to save himself by manipulating the girls who get close to him.
Old 2009-08-29, 17:29   Link #1489
Mentar
Banned

Example: Reiji DID (ab)use Mio as hostage to pull Cal out of his fur. For Cal, this is just more proof that Reiji is indeed a friggen coward who is exploiting every girl close to him - and that's quite a reasonable conclusion.

Anyway, the talk at the end of the Mio date is of utmost importance. It gives some vital clues for later.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 18:49   Link #1490
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I don't get the ending of episode 22, why was there a woman moaning? Was that part of the music? >.<
Old 2009-08-29, 19:02   Link #1491
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
I don't get the ending of episode 22, why was there a woman moaning? Was that part of the music? >.<
The moaning BGM is one of new BGM's. You could hear it once in ep21 and twice in ep22. They must have been high when they made that BGM and put it into the series.
Old 2009-08-29, 19:12   Link #1492
Arkard

Poor Cal. Watching her struggle is painful. Given the overall dark nature of the series and heck, even the title, I feel like we're setting up for ether Elen, Reiji, or Cal to die in the end. Who though, is the question
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 19:58   Link #1493
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Damn another great episode, I guess is pretty clear now that Cal is burning in jealousy, now if only Reiji would console her and explain to her how things happened and how things are right now in the present things might change, but no Reiji had to be an idiot and make her think that Elen was more important to him than Cal. You can clearly tell that Cal is jealous of Ein by her reaction to that comment.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 20:16   Link #1494
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Before they confront each other about their relationships, I think the first thing on their agenda should be taking SM's head since nobody likes him.
Spoiler for Preview for 23:
Old 2009-08-29, 20:17   Link #1495
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
Damn another great episode, I guess is pretty clear now that Cal is burning in jealousy, now if only Reiji would console her and explain to her how things happened and how things are right now in the present things might change, but no Reiji had to be an idiot and make her think that Elen was more important to him than Cal. You can clearly tell that Cal is jealous of Ein by her reaction to that comment.
Plus the whole "you sound like you think you know Reiji" (better than me... is what she's probably thinking).
Old 2009-08-29, 20:26   Link #1496
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

We've said and I'll say it again: superb writing. This is a series that a movie analysis class in college could watch and pick apart for an entire semester! I did a class like that, but it wasn't for anime.. if there was I would have taken it each semester even if I didn't get credits for it, haha.

And not once has anyone told Cal that Reiji truly believed he thought she died in the explosion. I know it won't make a difference, but I want her to know what happened from Reiji's perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
*lollinger*

Miroku, I ask you to remember what you wrote here ... and be careful what you wish for, or not!
I hate when you do that man. You really scare me. No more insinuations and such.

Quote:
She already thinks he lied to her, used her, and abandoned her. What makes you think explaining the circumstances would change anything? For all she knows, it's just more lying and manipulation.
I think she is past the point of no return. For two years she has hated and hated and hated him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
For me all voice actors are perfect and I think they themselves must be proud of their jobs.
And also music that plays at 16: 30 is so relaxing after a long day.
The music has been awesome! The BGM in the beginning bothered me since there was a rip off from The Matrix but now its great, really great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's very entertaining to watch Drei spiral downwards getting more and more out of control. Sometimes you just got to let off steam by killing a few random people.
I don't find it entertaining. Its sad and depressing. She was such an innocent girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Maybe its because beating and killing people makes Cal feel better? I don't think she gets off on it, but I don't know.
Old 2009-08-29, 20:49   Link #1497
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
IT all depends on who she chooses to believes. Either Reiji or the lies of Scythe. Im still hoping that we get an anime only ending. If they pick one of the three endings, they will in theory be potentially pissing off 2/3 of their fanbase that like one of the other two endings so an anime only only ending makes a bit of sense.
yeah i am really hoping for a combined Elen/Cal ending for this series i really dont want any of the main 3 characters dieing
Old 2009-08-29, 21:12   Link #1498
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Cuz Drei "gets off" on violence, inducing fear in others and power.
Old 2009-08-29, 21:13   Link #1499
Oppai

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
^no because she wants to believe what she WANTS to believe. If he at least tries to make a case with it, it doesn't seem like he really is what she claims he is to be.

In other words...If he would at least say something to tell her his true feelings, she'd at least have to consider it, even if she is too clouded to believe it. If he doesn't say anything about it and just acts shocked all the time, then she has more reason to believe that he has just been a stinkin liar and only wants to save himself by manipulating the girls who get close to him.
He offered his life as punishment for what he did with the little side deal of sparing Elen. How does that sound like a coward?

Yes she may believe what she wants but if you ask me she is only forced to believe that becasue its the only "truth" she knows. Im not saying that she is the one that has to ask Reiji but with Scythe on one side corrupting her mind and on the other side someone like Lizzy who also works for infreno standing up for Reiji, how is she not in the least bit curious to hear it straight from Reiji? If Reiji were a coward only looking after himself he should have instantly shot her in the church. There are just too many things going on that contradict what she thinks of him although there are some things that reinforce her thinking like the deal with Mio but when you are 2 people on the run you have to play all your cards.
Old 2009-08-29, 21:19   Link #1500
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
He offered his life as punishment for what he did with the little side deal of sparing Elen. How does that sound like a coward?

Yes she may believe what she wants but if you ask me she is only forced to believe that becasue its the only "truth" she knows. Im not saying that she is the one that has to ask Reiji but with Scythe on one side corrupting her mind and on the other side someone like Lizzy who also works for infreno standing up for Reiji, how is she not in the least bit curious to hear it straight from Reiji? If Reiji were a coward only looking after himself he should have instantly shot her in the church. There are just too many things going on that contradict what she thinks of him although there are some things that reinforce her thinking like the deal with Mio but when you are 2 people on the run you have to play all your cards.
Oh i'm really not disagreeing, i stated earlier myself that i wish reiji would just go up and embrace her and tell her the truth about how he feels...cuz it's always worth a shot.

My point was, at this point, she's too clouded by hatred, well more like jealousy/love that even if he were to say something, she's already believing in what she thinks is the truth...it's hard to explain haha. I wish it were that easy though, the series would be over, but it's an anime and it has to be complicated for the sake of a more "complete" story or "tragic end"

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen