AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-02-28, 03:18   Link #1
Unmei
Tensetsuno Tenshi

[Miyuki Fansub] Yami to boushi to hon no tabibito

Episode 1-9 works well... Episode 10-13 starts messing up. I can hear the sound but after 1 min it has fatal error or something and shuts Window Media Player down automatically... Help... Tell me if u need additional information... Tell me if i need to redownload 10-13 episdode
Old 2004-02-28, 03:23   Link #2
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmei
Episode 1-9 works well... Episode 10-13 starts messing up. I can hear the sound but after 1 min it has fatal error or something and shuts Window Media Player down automatically... Help... Tell me if u need additional information... Tell me if i need to redownload 10-13 episdode
Install ffdshow or the latest version of xvid.
Old 2004-03-02, 00:33   Link #3
Unmei
Tensetsuno Tenshi

I tried it ur way flamie, it didn't work. Is anyone having the same problem as me. Could it be a bad download. Does anyone have the same files as me? Help... BTW, anyone know what codec is needed for .ogm files?
Old 2004-03-02, 08:18   Link #4
panianna

I don't download Miyuki fansubs much, most of them are incompatable with my standalone player, therefore I don't know much about the settings of aforementioned files. Well, you may try uninstalling all your present codecs and THEN installing ffdshow. Instead of WMP try Media Player Classic. Much better choice. For .OGM you'll need OggDS 0.9.9.5 and CoreVorbis. Read Sticky 'Media Configuration Guide'. There you'll find all the necessary links. It'll help you tremendously.
Old 2004-03-03, 04:20   Link #5
Zemeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmei
I tried it ur way flamie, it didn't work. Is anyone having the same problem as me. Could it be a bad download. Does anyone have the same files as me? Help... BTW, anyone know what codec is needed for .ogm files?
It could be a bad download, the easiest way to check would be to restart your download saving over your existing file and have bittorrent check it.

You might want to check, what playback filter it is actually using. Under windows media player when the file is running select file->properties->Advanced(tab) and look at the filters in use. I know that at least episode 13 will crash if you are trying to use the divx decoder.

If you see the divx decoder instead of ffdshow or xvid, it is likely that Divx codec is setup to play all generic mpeg4 codecs. I know on the latest version of Divx, 5.1.1, you can disable this by going to the filter property page and select the "Quality Settings" tab and uncheck "support generic Mpeg-4"
Old 2004-04-09, 22:57   Link #6
chamelean75

I downloaded ffdshow and it is the filter being used in windows media player but my playback is still grainy.