Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-31, 10:51   Link #2801
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm a bit confused about Hinata's role here.
Hinata's role is just to be one member of the new generation, i can say that konohamaru and she are the first Naruto's disciples and the first member of their generation to truly respect Naruto.

Quote:
If Kishi isn't gonna use that then why didn't Kishi just kill her off when Pain attacked her?
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2009-07-31, 11:48   Link #2802
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Eeeeeehhh, I absolutely hate it when decisions are made to please fans rather than for the plot. Especially when it involves fucking shipping.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:09   Link #2803
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Eeeeeehhh, I absolutely hate it when decisions are made to please fans rather than for the plot. Especially when it involves fucking shipping.
It's all about money... the plot is constructed to SELL... from a magazine, a tankoubon and all the merchandising possible...
Old 2009-07-31, 12:18   Link #2804
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ One of the reasons I love written literature more.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:19   Link #2805
clawer123

Quote:
Hinata's role is just to be one member of the new generation, i can say that konohamaru and she are the first Naruto's disciples and the first member of their generation to truly respect Naruto.

Spoiler for manga:
Well, i really Agree what you have said.. for me, thinking Naruhina or SasuSaku is just a major flaw.. no offense.. but after the hints from previous chapters and of course the chapter 458.. IT is a great evidence.. but i hope in the next chapter.. we could get the realization of Sakura... and i agree Hinata is a disciple kinda to Naruto, only Admiration..
Old 2009-07-31, 12:58   Link #2806
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
^ One of the reasons I love written literature more.
That's true, but, we can't forget that "manga" perse is a wide world.
Naruto is just a insanely popular manga, not only in Japan but worldwide, for that reason is that editors try to milk the franchise.
But there is a lot of good manga who doesn't follow that. That's why there is a lot of magazines with even monthly releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawer123 View Post
Well, i really Agree what you have said.. for me, thinking Naruhina or SasuSaku is just a major flaw.. no offense.. but after the hints from previous chapters and of course the chapter 458.. IT is a great evidence.. but i hope in the next chapter.. we could get the realization of Sakura... and i agree Hinata is a disciple kinda to Naruto, only Admiration..
But Sakura easily can't feel love for Naruto, in fact Sai words can trigger that Sakura tries to be far from Naruto. Sakura can think:

"ok, Naruto is already in a pinch bieng a Jinchuuruki and i'm asking him to rescue Sasuke, and not only that, Naruto is doing this because he loves me and he will do anything i ask... and probably he knows that Sasuke is important to me..."

so... in order to "relieve" Naruto from problems, she can think that staying away from Naruto it's a solution...

I think that Sai is thinking this in that way... he is asking Sakura to make Naruto's life easier, lifting that promise away.
Old 2009-07-31, 13:11   Link #2807
Janifuu
緩和

I have explained it long before, and I will do so again - Hinata's confession scene derived from a few factors, such of which including: Personal development, plot devise, and closure to the NaruHina ship. Kishi had even directed Hinata's potential "getting her chance" when asked about it in an interview long ago, and this is exactly what it was in regards to. At this point in the story, things are progressing extremely rapidly, and the plot is narrowing towards its end. If Kishi were to never address the issue of Hinata's feelings beyond this point, NHers would proclaim "but she never even got her chance!". Well with this, she did get her chance, and it failed. Naruto always has and always will love Sakura, and these latest chapters only confirm that to a 100% te.
Old 2009-07-31, 13:56   Link #2808
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

I wonder if she has pink pubes...
Old 2009-07-31, 14:02   Link #2809
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
I wonder if she has pink pubes...
It's funny how minds work isn't it?

Some people when they look at a manga chapter that talks of romantic feelings they will speculate on how such romance will develop.

Others, on the other hand, just think of pubes...
Old 2009-07-31, 14:06   Link #2810
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
It's funny how minds work isn't it?

Some people when they look at a manga chapter that talks of romantic feelings they will speculate on how such romance will develop.

Others, on the other hand, just think of pubes...
Probably because I don't take the idea of a romance between Naruto and his pink-haired Robin seriously.

But if I had to mull it over, I personally don't want the two to couple. Hinata's fine but eh... I think he'll end up with someone else that we haven't been introduced to yet.

That's IF the notion of romance for Naruto has any bearing in the future.

But other than that... yeah. I wonder if he has yellow pubes...
Old 2009-07-31, 14:33   Link #2811
Sakuyakun

lol Sai is the best <this is just a copy of my post on the other thread>

Now guys let me ask you.. mangaka puts hinata fighting pain to protect naruto and even declaring her love in an important arc. Now we have Sakura here being slapped to reality and of course related to her relationship with Naruto, probably a future confrontation between the two. Lastly, this chapters/arcs are pretty close..

I wonder what this imply? or it's just a thing to make the shipping fans quarrel to each other or?
Other way I'm just amused
Old 2009-07-31, 15:19   Link #2812
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuyakun View Post
Now guys let me ask you.. mangaka puts hinata fighting pain to protect naruto and even declaring her love in an important arc.
I think that was part more of a character development for Hinata than other thing.
Yes, she was protecting him, but at the same time it was a thing she needs to do in order to beat her shyness and weakness...

Quote:
Now we have Sakura here being slapped to reality and of course related to her relationship with Naruto, probably a future confrontation between the two. Lastly, this chapters/arcs are pretty close..
Nah, that will not happen.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:19   Link #2813
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janifuu View Post
I have explained it long before, and I will do so again - Hinata's confession scene derived from a few factors, such of which including: Personal development, plot devise, and closure to the NaruHina ship. Kishi had even directed Hinata's potential "getting her chance" when asked about it in an interview long ago, and this is exactly what it was in regards to. At this point in the story, things are progressing extremely rapidly, and the plot is narrowing towards its end. If Kishi were to never address the issue of Hinata's feelings beyond this point, NHers would proclaim "but she never even got her chance!". Well with this, she did get her chance, and it failed. Naruto always has and always will love Sakura, and these latest chapters only confirm that to a 100% te.
The major problem I have with this is that it still makes Naruto a total douche for not even having the decency to acknowledge and confront Hinata about her feelings for him.

@Sakuyakun: Hmm, here's an idea. Sakura realizes Naruto's feelings for her, so maybe she'll just ignore it and go on just like Naruto did to Hinata

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2009-07-31 at 15:30.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:22   Link #2814
Blackfyre

Quote:
I said it before, I'll say it here:

How ridiculously biased.
You seem to be under the weird impression you can read the author's mind on regards to if Hinata 'got her chance.' At this point in the story, we have no idea if the plot is 'narrowing towards its end' given there's solid potential to go well beyond chapter 500. With this? She didn't 'get a chance and failed,' she saved Naruto's life and confessed ahd lvoed him.

Oh, and sorry to break it to you, but according to Naruto, he likes Sakura. The word 'love' came out of the mouth of someone who knows very little about human emotion. '

What's next..."She smiled when his good friend hugged him! Proof she gave up forever!"
Give it a rest. Kishimoto knows exactly how he's teasing BOTH sides of the fence here. Having Hinata do that for Naruto and having it never even REMOTELY addressed again? That's what we call bad writing.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:36   Link #2815
Sakuyakun

Quote:
Nah, that will not happen.
I meant confrontation between naruto and sakura in regards to this promise.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:55   Link #2816
Janifuu
緩和

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
The major problem I have with this is that it still makes Naruto a total douche for not even having the decency to acknowledge and confront Hinata about her feelings for him.
Alright - Naruto approaches Hinata and tells her "Thank you", then what? Proceed to then reiterate the obvious that hes in love with Sakura, and not her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
I said it before, I'll say it here:

How ridiculously biased.
You seem to be under the weird impression you can read the author's mind on regards to if Hinata 'got her chance.' At this point in the story, we have no idea if the plot is 'narrowing towards its end' given there's solid potential to go well beyond chapter 500. With this? She didn't 'get a chance and failed,' she saved Naruto's life and confessed ahd lvoed him.
Not a single thing I have stated was biased, its entirely due to observation. The subject of Hinata "getting her chance" was addressed in an interview with Kishi, to which he then replied that he hopes she gets her chance too. In what other regards do you possibly think he is referring to?

Oh yes - intervening in Naruto's battle with Pain, when he strictly requested that no one is to disrupt them, not only proceeded to her getting her ass kicked (again), but play the plot device to triggering Kyuubi and Yondaime's appearance, sure means the likelihood of her and Naruto getting together has risen. Take it how you want, irregardless of her confession - Naruto always has and still loves Sakura, as has been confirmed in the recent manga chapters. Ignore it all you wish; it doesn't change the fact that its there.

Quote:
Oh, and sorry to break it to you, but according to Naruto, he likes Sakura. The word 'love' came out of the mouth of someone who knows very little about human emotion. '
Again, twist it all you want - 本当に好き, as is written in the original Japanese release, is there in plain text. He loves her. Denying it will get you nowhere.
Old 2009-07-31, 16:08   Link #2817
Blackfyre

Quote:
Alright - Naruto approaches Hinata and tells her "Thank you", then what? Proceed to then reiterate the obvious that hes in love with Sakura, and not her?
Sure. Do SOMETHING, though. Granted, any pairing with sakura after that'd feel forced and stupid on both ends just like it always has

Quote:

Not a single thing I have stated was biased, its entirely due to observation.
Biased observation is still observation
Quote:
The subject of Hinata "getting her chance" was addressed in an interview with Kishi, to which he then replied that he hopes she gets her chance too. In what other regards do you possibly think he is referring to?
Well, GEE, I was unaware the manga's over and she'd been flatly rejected
Quote:
Oh yes - intervening in Naruto's battle with Pain, when he strictly requested that no one is to disrupt them, not only proceeded to her getting her ass kicked (again), but play the plot device to triggering Kyuubi and Yondaime's appearance, sure means the likelihood of her and Naruto getting together has risen. Take it how you want, irregardless of her confession - Naruto always has and still loves Sakura, as has been confirmed in the recent manga chapters. Ignore it all you wish; it doesn't change the fact that its there.
Ok, maybe you should 'observe' some other details:
1. Yeah, she disrupted the fight...and indirectly saved his life. Shouting "don't interfere" when you've essentially LOST and are about to be helplessly taken is plain stupid.
2. And no, 'loves' Sakura? According to him he LIKES her. According to the databook, he LIKES her. According to the emotionally stunted assassin with no experience in human emotion and feeling he loves her. Ignore THAT all you wish, i
3. Like it or not, Naruto's current feelings haven't been addressed. And, oh yeah, Sakura's current feelings regarding Sasuke also aren't addressed

Quote:
Again, twist it all you want - 本当に好き, as is written in the original Japanese release, is there in plain text. He loves her. Denying it will get you nowhere.
Sai is an absolutely perfect, knowledgeable and sagely source on the subject of human emotion!
As I said...bias, bias.
Old 2009-07-31, 16:27   Link #2818
Janifuu
緩和

Quote:
Sure. Do SOMETHING, though. Granted, any pairing with sakura after that'd feel forced and stupid on both ends just like it always has
Sakura's feelings towards Naruto have been been continuously evolving and has been demonstrating as such. It's obvious she harbors feelings for him as well; thus if her and Naruto were to get together, it would be due to all they have gone through together throughout the entire course of the manga, and not because it was forced. Nice try, though.

Quote:
Biased observation is still observation
The only person seemingly biased here, is you dear. It wreaks from you.

Quote:
Well, GEE, I was unaware the manga's over and she'd been flatly rejected

Ok, maybe you should 'observe' some other details:
1. Yeah, she disrupted the fight...and indirectly saved his life. Shouting "don't interfere" when you've essentially LOST and are about to be helplessly taken is plain stupid.
If Hinata had a drop of faith in Naruto, she wouldn't have had the need to interfere. Her barging in and then proceeding to get her ass kicked in exchange, was more stupid than Naruto's wish for no one to interfere. Sorry, I call it how it is.

Quote:
2. And no, 'loves' Sakura? According to him he LIKES her. According to the databook, he LIKES her. According to the emotionally stunted assassin with no experience in human emotion and feeling he loves her. Ignore THAT all you wish, i
No. According to the Databook, and the latest fucking manga chapters, he loves her. Keeping denying the obvious; you seem to be very good at that.

Quote:
3. Like it or not, Naruto's current feelings haven't been addressed.
My dear, it has been addressed. 457 and 458 made it loud and fucking clear; you should read them sometime. Not to mention that his feelings for Sakura have always been obvious ever sense chapter 3 of the manga. Anti-NS have been very good at ignoring the obvious over the years, and I don't think it will ever change - even if Naruto grows to be 90 years old, has been long married to Sakura, and has children and grandchildren with.

Quote:
Sai is an absolutely perfect, knowledgeable and sagely source on the subject of human emotion!
As I said...bias, bias.
Haha, I like that you refer to my post as bias, when I was stating facts - 本当に 好き is right there plain as day. The fact that your ignoring it and not acknowledging it just continuously proves that the only bias fool here is you.
Old 2009-07-31, 16:34   Link #2819
Blackfyre

Quote:
Sakura's feelings towards Naruto have been been continuously evolved and demonstrating as such. It's obvious she harbors feelings for him as well; thus if her and Naruto were to get together, it would be due to all they have gone through together throughout the entire course of the manga, and not because it was forced. Nice try, though.
You mean she's seen him more as a close friend and comrade. How much of it is romantic and how much of it are shippers THINKING it is.
And given there's never been ANY reason for Naruto to like Sakura, his attraction to her always coming off as nonsensically contrived given her being purely unlikable all throughout part 1 and little better in part 2
After the whole Pain arc? Yeah. Nothing contrived, no sir. Hey, don't recall Sakura saving him

Quote:
The only person seemingly biased here, is you dear. It wreaks from you.
I won't begin to address your improper usage of the work 'wreak,' but at least learn to use a comma correctly.
And pot, kettle, black.

Quote:
If Hinata had a drop of faith in Naruto, she wouldn't have had the need to interfere. Her barging in and then proceeding to get her ass kicked in exchange, was more stupid than Naruto's wish for no one to interfere. Sorry, I call it how it is.
Wait...so she didn't have faith in him because she interfered when he was clearly and utterly defeated?
Wow. Odd logic. What's next...Sakura wasn't shallow by ending her friendship with Ino over Sasuke?

Quote:
No. According to the Databook, and the latest fucking manga chapters, he loves her. Keeping denying the obvious; you seem to be very good at that.
And you seem to be very good at being dishonest.
According to the manga';s relationship chart and Naruto and Sai's conversation, he likes her.
Otherwise, give me evidence that's not from Sai's mouth

Quote:
My dear, it has been addressed. 457 and 458 made it loud and fucking clear; you should read them sometime. Not to mention that his feelings for Sakura have always been obvious ever sense chapter 3 of the manga.
Oh, poor little dear...Yeah, 'cute girl I like alot' is clearly destined to be, never mind her obvious feelings for Sasuke.
Naruto and Sai in chapter 457: "You like Sakura, don't you?"
Sai in 458: He loves you!
I love how you keep ignoring Sai also knows nothing of her feelings for Sasuke, how Naruto feels CURRENTLY (IE: not from a conversation before Konoha was bulldozed and he found out someone else's in love with) and that Sai's not the best source.

Quote:
Haha, I like that you refer to my post as bias, when I was stating facts - 本当に 好き is right there plain as day. The fact that your ignoring it and not acknowledging it just continuously proves that the only bias fool here is you.
I see you've mastered self delusion:
What part of "It comes from someone like Sai ignorant of emotion and feeling" when Naruto only confirmed he LIKED her is also not fucking clear? Considering I keep answering this and you keep ignoring it?

Ahhh, Shippers. Never change
Old 2009-07-31, 17:05   Link #2820
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuyakun View Post
I meant confrontation between naruto and sakura in regards to this promise.
Naruto will keep the promise, not only for Sakura but for him... Sasuke means a lot for Naruto too.