ShunsuixNanao 29 6.86%
HitsugayaxHinamori 34 8.04%
MatsumotoxGin 54 12.77%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-13, 19:28   Link #461
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Don't bother anymore Kamyu, RukiaxIchigo fans tend to read too much inbetween the lines disregarding Kubo's talentless butt in writing. You'll just end up running in circles.
Old 2010-04-13, 19:32   Link #462
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Don't bother anymore Kamyu, RukiaxIchigo fans tend to read too much inbetween the lines disregarding Kubo's talentless butt in writing. You'll just end up running in circles.
lol i see, why would you make such a generalisation?
Old 2010-04-13, 19:32   Link #463
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
yes, precious, which descibes their relationship without going in to all the complex details to someone who doesn't know who she is. On top of that, since when has Ichigo been open enough to admit feelings like that out in the open. Go back & watch his emotions looking at Rukia after grimjow left the 1st time(with tousen)
you probably shouldn't hang on the precious part and ignore the nakama part
Old 2010-04-13, 19:38   Link #464
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
you probably shouldn't hang on the precious part and ignore the nakama part
but it also depends on the definition you use.
Old 2010-04-13, 19:45   Link #465
kamyu

Quote:
but it also depends on the definition you use.
and just where are you finding a definition of nakama that expands beyond friend zone?
Old 2010-04-13, 19:49   Link #466
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
lol i see, why would you make such a generalisation?
I've been on these forums for awhile so I see things lol. Even though there's no solid evidence of a romantic relationship between Ichigo and Rukia, the fans come out with some contrived interpretations of panels... particular the whole "look at his face" argument when he makes the same look towards any one of his friends that gets hurt and whatnot.
Old 2010-04-13, 19:52   Link #467
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That's equally true for Ichihime shippers. And everyone else who ships a bleach pair. There are no canon pairs in Bleach the only actual canon pairs have at least one member of the pair dead. That's why this thread is titled 'most canon'. The poll for this thread is useless because people use it as a favorite pair poll instead of its intended purpose.
Old 2010-04-13, 21:38   Link #468
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
That's equally true for Ichihime shippers. And everyone else who ships a bleach pair. There are no canon pairs in Bleach the only actual canon pairs have at least one member of the pair dead. That's why this thread is titled 'most canon'. The poll for this thread is useless because people use it as a favorite pair poll instead of its intended purpose.
true, it's crazy how it draws all this attention with no actual acknowledgement by the characters.
Old 2010-04-13, 22:32   Link #469
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
true, it's crazy how it draws all this attention with no actual acknowledgement by the characters.
Its crazier that people hate Orihime just because they are IchiRuki shippers or vice versa for IchiHime shippers when the two characters are actually bffs.
Old 2010-04-13, 22:55   Link #470
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Its crazier that people hate Orihime just because they are IchiRuki shippers or vice versa for IchiHime shippers when the two characters are actually bffs.
So true, lol. Shipping is a scary thing, it's why Monir runs around with a ban hammer if it gets out of control
Old 2010-04-13, 23:58   Link #471
Janifuu
緩和

Well I don't think there is any denying that Ichigo and Rukia share an incredibly significant bond and relationship in the series, so naturally IchiRuki fans grow ecstatic whenever they share panel time together; the nature of their panel time together is quite special in comparison to any other portrayal in the manga. Kubo never fails to reiterate to the readers how unique and important the bond between Ichigo and Rukia is, so comparing Rukia to any of Ichigo's other "friends" is a rather far fetched and null statement to make, since I think most know pretty well by now that that's not the case.

Last edited by Janifuu; 2010-04-14 at 03:26.
Old 2010-04-14, 00:14   Link #472
Alchemist007
*Author

Indeed a unique relationship but is it the "most canon pair"?
Old 2010-04-14, 00:18   Link #473
Janifuu
緩和

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Indeed a unique relationship but is it the "most canon pair"?
I'd personally like to think so given the nature of Ichigo and Rukia's relationship in comparison to the other potential pairings in the manga, but to each their own of course.
Old 2010-04-14, 00:37   Link #474
Randumo24
Banned

That's why this is all speculation & people who don't agree with you can find flaws. Since there isn't any concrete evidence, trying to declare your POV as fact won't work.
Old 2010-04-14, 09:10   Link #475
Slayerx

UraharaxYoruichi
So far, just close friends, nothing showing anything serious

ShunsuixNanao
Onesided and not serious; played for laughs...

HitsugayaxHinamori
The regard each other as brother and sister

MatsumotoxGin
That whole, "being a villain" thing is kind getting in the way

IchigoXRukia
again, so far, just good friends, nothing indicating anything furthar than that

IchigoXOrihime
I'd have to say that this is is the closest we got to a canon pairing; by which i mean, highest chances of becoming canon

Why? because a one sided, serious love is closest thing we got to an actual canon pairing so far... We know for a fact that Orihime does love ichigo and it is done seriously and not played for laughs
As for Ichigo's feelings towards Orihime, so far their is no love, however i do feel it is worth noting the manner in which he treats Orhime as opposed to rukia... Namely when rescuing rukia he's cracking jokes, but when rescuing Orihime he's dead serious. That i feel seems to imply stronger feelings for Orihime. At the very least i would find it easier for Ichigo to develop stronger feelings for Orihime that it would to develop something for Rukia; which again suffers the handicap of needing rukia to develop feelings for ichigo aswell
Old 2010-04-14, 13:32   Link #476
Randumo24
Banned

^^ lol, he saves orihime cuz he has to cuz she's always trying to get in the fight. I don't see how you think he takes it more serious.
Old 2010-04-14, 13:37   Link #477
JustRob

The difference is that Ichigo doesn't understand Orihime at all. He doesn't know what she feels, he doesn't know that she feels like she's useless and wants to help out. He doesn't help her, doesn't try to understand her feelings more. While with Rukia, it's like they can read each other's minds. They always know when one of them feels down or has a problem with something. That's why Ichigo can crack jokes and make funny situations, because he knows Rukia understands and he understands Rukia.

I'm not saying at all that Rukia and Ichigo will become a couple, but I would argue that they are closer to each other then Orihime and Ichigo. Even if Orihime confesses her love, he probably won't even know how to react.
Old 2010-04-14, 13:46   Link #478
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
The difference is that Ichigo doesn't understand Orihime at all. He doesn't know what she feels, he doesn't know that she feels like she's useless and wants to help out. He doesn't help her, doesn't try to understand her feelings more. While with Rukia, it's like they can read each other's minds. They always know when one of them feels down or has a problem with something. That's why Ichigo can crack jokes and make funny situations, because he knows Rukia understands and he understands Rukia.

I'm not saying at all that Rukia and Ichigo will become a couple, but I would argue that they are closer to each other then Orihime and Ichigo. Even if Orihime confesses her love, he probably won't even know how to react.
If her friends cared about her instead of her feelings, they wouldn't have to worry about her all the time. I don't think Ichigo tries to understand anybody.
Old 2010-04-14, 14:01   Link #479
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post

Interpretations are nice and all, but we virutally know next to nothing about Ichigo's inner thoughts, Kubo for some reason has put as little inner monologue to Ichigo as possible.

But what I can prove is that Ichigo can / has read Inoue's mind and when running on pure instincts protects only Inoue and Inoue alone while everyone is an enemy.
Old 2010-04-14, 14:13   Link #480
JustRob

That's because he knows he has badass powers and Rukia can hold her own. He knows people like Sado and Orihime are much weaker then him and need protecting. It's not because she's Orihime, it's just because she's a poor fighter.