AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-09-09, 19:14   Link #5501
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
The "army of pandora's" was just an exaggeration... that many would be impossible, but it should still be doable to create 2-3 World-Champion-Knockoff if your guild is rich and has the means... after all, the Worldchampion IS the strongest warrior in the game, if you have one or two of them guarding your base... *shrugs*

Maybe I was trying to explain it the wrong way... Imagine there is an event in Yggdrasil and after countless challenges you defeated everyone else and get your reward: an unique class, unique skills and unique equipment. You get a shiny new title and everyone on the server knows you now.

You go all "yay, celebration! Awesome!" and just feel proud of what you've done and the knowledge that you're an unique player on the whole server. Nobody will EVER have the same character as you.
And then, a few days later one of your guildmates creates an NPC who is basically copying you, down to your "unique skill" and class, thus making your achievement "not unique" and cheapening it.
After all, if your guildmate can make an NPC who can use your skill, who says that millions of other playes (and the 8 other guilds who ranked above AOG) cannot do the same as long as they have the time and/or the money to do so? It is difficult, but not impossible.
And what is the point of creating an event where one player is chosen to receive an "unique" reward, only to reveal a bit later "Okay, maybe not that unique, but still..."

If a skill/class is "unique" to a specific player, then it should be impossible for any doppelgänger to simply copy you.
Appearance, easy. Items, maybe... in an emergency some old equipment can be found. But skills? And the unique class given to you by the gamedevs personally?

That's kinda like spending all your money in one of the current mobile games only to learn that people found an exploit that allowed them to get everything you got for free. How would you feel? How would that make the gamedevs look like? They certainly wont't tell you "Well... shit happens, but we hope you'll continue being a loyal customer!" and don't bother to fix the exploit.

The 80% stat penality is the only restriction we know about. We don't know anything about how items or special skills outside of those available to the general playerbase are handled.
Maybe Pandora can somehow find a way to deal with Shalltear. Maybe Mare can stand a chance against Shalltear (even if I haven't seen him do anything that would convince me of that).
Sorry to break this to you but it's possible, well only if touch me decide to share his character data when they create pandora actor of course, also the fact that touch me have all that power/unique yet they were still able to create an npc(rubedo)who can beat him this prove no matter how special of an character you are with the right amount of money and resource they can create something that can beat you/copy you especially if you, yourself were a part in creating that npc.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 19:20   Link #5502
God Slayer

Quote:
The "army of pandora's" was just an exaggeration... that many would be impossible, but it should still be doable to create 2-3 World-Champion-Knockoff if your guild is rich and has the means... after all, the Worldchampion IS the strongest warrior in the game, if you have one or two of them guarding your base... *shrugs*

Maybe I was trying to explain it the wrong way... Imagine there is an event in Yggdrasil and after countless challenges you defeated everyone else and get your reward: an unique class, unique skills and unique equipment. You get a shiny new title and everyone on the server knows you now.

You go all "yay, celebration! Awesome!" and just feel proud of what you've done and the knowledge that you're an unique player on the whole server. Nobody will EVER have the same character as you.
And then, a few days later one of your guildmates creates an NPC who is basically copying you, down to your "unique skill" and class, thus making your achievement "not unique" and cheapening it.
After all, if your guildmate can make an NPC who can use your skill, who says that millions of other playes (and the 8 other guilds who ranked above AOG) cannot do the same as long as they have the time and/or the money to do so? It is difficult, but not impossible.
And what is the point of creating an event where one player is chosen to receive an "unique" reward, only to reveal a bit later "Okay, maybe not that unique, but still..."

If a skill/class is "unique" to a specific player, then it should be impossible for any doppelgänger to simply copy you.
Appearance, easy. Items, maybe... in an emergency some old equipment can be found. But skills? And the unique class given to you by the gamedevs personally?

That's kinda like spending all your money in one of the current mobile games only to learn that people found an exploit that allowed them to get everything you got for free. How would you feel? How would that make the gamedevs look like? They certainly wont't tell you "Well... shit happens, but we hope you'll continue being a loyal customer!" and don't bother to fix the exploit.

The 80% stat penality is the only restriction we know about. We don't know anything about how items or special skills outside of those available to the general playerbase are handled.
Maybe Pandora can somehow find a way to deal with Shalltear. Maybe Mare can stand a chance against Shalltear (even if I haven't seen him do anything that would convince me of that).
We don't know exactly how does a doppelgänger manages to clone somebody else, it may have certain requirements that needs to be fulfilled first, after all I highly doubt having the ability to completely copy other people's appearance, powers and abilities (except for their stats -20%) can be activated easily and instantly, so it may be impossible for other players to create an NPC who can clone the World Champion unless they have permission from Touch Me and the guild to do such a thing.

Maybe Pandora can't use the unique abilities of a World Champion, but what about other skills and abilities of other classes? it's possible that aside from the World Champion powers he can clone the unique abilities of every other classes, so even excluding Touch Me's abilities he will still be very powerful given that he could use the every other 40 members of the guild and their powers as well as few other forms too, Ainz used Touch Me's equipment and items, so it may be possible to also use his skills through some kind of loophole.

Also, we do actually know that Pandora's Actor can use all of the skills and abilities of whoever he shape-shifts into, because it was stated as a fact in the novels and there was never any exceptions to that statement, Pandora's racial classes and levels may not be something anybody could easily get or achieve, after all it was stated that there were not just special job classes and levels that are very extremely difficult to obtain but also racial classes and levels as well, which Pandora has a lot of (45 of his levels are racial).

It's not a maybe but a fact that Mare can compete with Shalltear to be the strongest floor guardian as it was outright stated in the novels by Ainz himself who knows Shalltear's abilities the most in Nazarick, Mare hasn't shown any impressive abilities because he never was in a serious fight in the first place so you can't judge him and write him off easily based off the simple measly skills he has shown here and there.

I forgot to also add, the difference between the power of the floor guardians is not that vast but a tiny bit of differences in overall power, so even if Shalltear is the strongest floor guardian it doesn't mean that others can't stand a chance against her, they could very well be able to defeat her if they plan it well.

Last edited by God Slayer; 2015-09-09 at 19:39.
God Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 19:26   Link #5503
God Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
Sorry to break this to you but it's possible, well only if touch me decide to share his character data when they create pandora actor of course, also the fact that touch me have all that power/unique yet they were still able to create an npc(rubedo)who can beat him this prove no matter how special of an character you are with the right amount of money and resource they can create something that can beat you/copy you especially if you, yourself were a part in creating that npc.
Well said, those are other true points as well, if they could create an NPC who can beat the World Champion what's stopping them from creating an NPC who almost (80%) clones the World Champion as well?
Old 2015-09-09, 19:36   Link #5504
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Slayer View Post
Well said, those are other true points as well, if they could create an NPC who can beat the World Champion what's stopping them from creating an NPC who almost (80%) clones the World Champion as well?
Thank you, man I can already image touch me coming back from the tournament becoming world champion and being proud only for a few days later rubedo was create and beat him up lol.
Old 2015-09-09, 20:00   Link #5505
God Slayer

Quote:
Thank you, man I can already image touch me coming back from the tournament becoming world champion and being proud only for a few days later rubedo was create and beat him up lol.
LMAO, we don't know if she was created a few days later after he won (she could've been created months or years after he won) but it would be really hilarious if she was.
Old 2015-09-09, 20:47   Link #5506
dere_lover21

What are the chances that Ainz will meet the other adamantite adventures except the blue rose to kill them and loot their items especially the red drop who has game items? I know it's a stupid question but I'M JUST CURIOUS AND WANT TO HEAR YOUR OPINIONS.
dere_lover21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 21:03   Link #5507
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by dere_lover21 View Post
What are the chances that Ainz will meet the other adamantite adventures except the blue rose to kill them and loot their items especially the red drop who has game items? I know it's a stupid question but I'M JUST CURIOUS AND WANT TO HEAR YOUR OPINIONS.
You brought up an interesting point, I am really curious if after vol 9 will ainz still use his momon identity to travel around. After vol 9 it seem like it will be hard for him to do it and is there still a need for him to do it. I wonder which direction the author is going to take, if he somehow can come up with an excuse to still continue using momon then I can see him running into red drop.
Old 2015-09-09, 21:08   Link #5508
God Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dere_lover21 View Post
Unless there is a reason for him to kill them such as being necessary to do so in his plans I don't think there is any other reason for him to do so at all, even if they have YGGDRASIL items it's very likely that they are not that impressive enough for him to go that far just to loot them, the only items I can see Ainz wanting take from any person in the new world would be world class items, divine class items, legendary class items and guild weapons and maybe if there were powerful cash items and consumables but that's all.

I think it's more likely that he will meet other adamantite class adventurers from other countries before he meets red drop, because in the future volume (the 10th) he might go to other countries such as the dwarves kingdom or the dragonic kingdom, so he might meet them either accidentally when he's going around in those countries or because of a request, either way the only way I can see Ainz intentionally seeking other adamantite class adventurers is when needs some information from them.
Old 2015-09-10, 09:03   Link #5509
Iramohs

Quote:
You brought up an interesting point, I am really curious if after vol 9 will ainz still use his momon identity to travel around. After vol 9 it seem like it will be hard for him to do it and is there still a need for him to do it. I wonder which direction the author is going to take, if he somehow can come up with an excuse to still continue using momon then I can see him running into red drop.
It will still be possible if he travels outside the Kingdom/Empire area. He said that he'd avoid fighting dragons in an earlier volume but if they're serious about world domination they have no choice.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 09:54   Link #5510
Fwarlord

Everyone, I have a question. When I reread episode 1 of the anime, Ainz said his guide staff is comparable to a world class item, but in the novel it's said to be only in legendary class. Which side is correct? It confuse me, can someone kindly answer this?
Old 2015-09-10, 10:06   Link #5511
Lutz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Everyone, I have a question. When I reread episode 1 of the anime, Ainz said his guide staff is comparable to a world class item, but in the novel it's said to be only in legendary class. Which side is correct? It confuse me, can someone kindly answer this?
Some People told me that the English Fan-Translation Version of Vol. 1 has a lot of Mistakes, i guess this is one of them. So the Anime Translation is way correcter i guess.
Lutz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 13:48   Link #5512
imram

in which vol and chapter did Demiurge made contact with golden princess?
imram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 15:18   Link #5513
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz2 View Post
Some People told me that the English Fan-Translation Version of Vol. 1 has a lot of Mistakes, i guess this is one of them. So the Anime Translation is way correcter i guess.
The first volume was never proofread, I say this as one of the three people who translated it back then. After we took over from Immoutolicious, we only had our good intentions and the japanese->chinese (fantranslated?) Raws. We did quite a few mistakes back then and had nobody who could check if our RAW was saying the same things as the japanese Raw.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 15:36   Link #5514
Hidfe

Quote:
The first volume was never proofread, I say this as one of the three people who translated it back then. After we took over from Immoutolicious, we only had our good intentions and the japanese->chinese (fantranslated?) Raws. We did quite a few mistakes back then and had nobody who could check if our RAW was saying the same things as the japanese Raw.
Just courious. Do you plan to go back and fix the first volume after you have chaught up with the current volumes?
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 15:50   Link #5515
Namorax

Yes. I started doing so in june, but ever since then I am stuck at the very first chapter since I don't have time... we will probably rework the older volumes once we reach volume 9
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 20:01   Link #5516
Pintlemounted

a quick question: I see a lot of info on wikis and stuff that I didn't notice in the translated novels, so I figure someone might know: Can anyone tell me how many world class items the slane theocracy actually has and any details on them? I only remember that mind control one from volume 3 and only figured out the name like just a bit ago so I'm curious.
Pintlemounted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 22:58   Link #5517
God Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintlemounted View Post
a quick question: I see a lot of info on wikis and stuff that I didn't notice in the translated novels, so I figure someone might know: Can anyone tell me how many world class items the slane theocracy actually has and any details on them? I only remember that mind control one from volume 3 and only figured out the name like just a bit ago so I'm curious.
Unknown for now, there wasn't any mention of any other world class items aside from the mind control one, however it is very likely to be either the only one they have or they might at best have 1 more, the reason why that is; is because it was stated that Ainz Ooal Gown has the most world class items out of all guilds in YGGDRASIL and the second guild after them only had 3 world class items, if the six gods were that guild I'm sure Ainz would immediately know given that the guild who has 3 is most likely one of the best and top tier guilds in YGGDRASIL so I highly doubt Ainz wouldn't remember or recognize them; therefore the six gods either had one or at best two, it was mentioned that they left 5 divine artifacts which the slane theocracy has, one of them is the world class item and I suspect that the others are probably divine class items.
Old 2015-09-11, 03:47   Link #5518
Schattenbach

The six gods might actually be members from multiple guilds, though, that allied themselves with each other to further their own goals.
Schattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 03:52   Link #5519
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
The six gods might actually be members from multiple guilds, though, that allied themselves with each other to further their own goals.
And all of them happen to carry an world class item with them. I can see it happen but it kinda stretchy if the author actually pull something like that.
Old 2015-09-11, 05:31   Link #5520
God Slayer

Quote:
And all of them happen to carry an world class item with them. I can see it happen but it kinda stretchy if the author actually pull something like that.
Yeah exactly, excluding the 11 that Nazarick has that leaves about 189 world class items left, what are the chances that out of tens of millions of players it just so happens that the six players that were transported 600 years ago all had a world class item with them? the probability of that happening is at least between 1 in 50000 to 1 in 100000, which is to say the least highly unlikely and besides it was not six but five divine artifacts so it can't be that each one of them had a world class item with them, but still although it's highly unlikely for each to have a world class item, the idea that the six gods were players from multiple different guilds is an interesting possibility.

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination