AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-10-10, 13:00   Link #6201
overlord
Overlord Enthusiast

Well the news says not completely until 2016 or so. Perhaps we'll get volume 10,, and even 11 with some hope and luck.
overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 13:10   Link #6202
Lutz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
Well the news says not completely until 2016 or so. Perhaps we'll get volume 10,, and even 11 with some hope and luck.
Well lets hope so, but my guess is that Yen Press already warned them to stop the translation and remove all Volumes or Chapters from the Site. So i am pretty sure they will dropped it in the next few days or so . F...! So close to Vol 9.
Lutz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 14:13   Link #6203
Nvis
Where are the good animes

How much can money to license a series? because I don't think Yen Press profits from all this sh!t they license.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 14:15   Link #6204
ChuckE
Provoker

Dammit!

That's so annoying that licensing lead to need of removing translated chapters. If you don't provide paper replacement then who gave you a right to remove something you haven't translated?

It would not be an issue but it takes so much time to get to already translated volumes!
Old 2015-10-10, 15:33   Link #6205
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Time to commit sudoku. Knowing yen press they will catch up with volume 9 by the end of 2018 at the earliest.
You are off by 10 years. Yen Press are glacially slow especially with a wordy novel like Overlord. Yen Press are the cancer of light novels. They are so slow and yet they always grab more and more licenses even though their release pacing is already bordering on standstill. They did the same with Mahouka

Last edited by Darkligh; 2015-10-10 at 15:49.
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 16:11   Link #6206
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the licensing announcement couldn't come at a worst time for you guys, vol9 is EPIC. and you guys will need to wait 2-3 yrs for it.
Old 2015-10-10, 16:12   Link #6207
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the licensing announcement couldn't come at a worst time for you guys, vol9 is EPIC. and you guys will need to wait 2-3 yrs for it.
Unless some other group decides to continue it in more hard to see places.
Old 2015-10-10, 17:20   Link #6208
Hidfe

I did a little math. With their usual release schedule of 1 volume every 4 months, it will take them until June 2019 to release all the currently published Volumes.
I would like to thank all the translators of this series. I enjoyed reading it.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 17:25   Link #6209
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post
I did a little math. With their usual release schedule of 1 volume every 4 months, it will take them until June 2019 to release all the currently published Volumes.
I would like to thank all the translators of this series. I enjoyed reading it.
You're not factoring in how many series they have licensed on already who are yet to be up to date with the official release.
Old 2015-10-10, 17:53   Link #6210
Iramohs

I'm surprised they even licensed this. You'd think a series where human skin is used a parchment for magic scrolls wouldn't get licensed. I doubt the translation will completely stop though. Mahouka's translation is still ongoing.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 17:56   Link #6211
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
I'm surprised they even licensed this. You'd think a series where human skin is used a parchment for magic scrolls wouldn't get licensed. I doubt the translation will completely stop though. Mahouka's translation is still ongoing.
huh? worst stuff in Western fantasy novels then human skin use for parchment.
Old 2015-10-10, 18:04   Link #6212
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Knew it was inevitable.

Just hope they'll do a digital release as well since I don't buy physical anymore.
Old 2015-10-10, 18:39   Link #6213
dere_lover21

What the hell???!!! Are you fucking kidding me!!!!!!!! Damn!!!!! Every novel I read gets licensed by the fucking yen press!
dere_lover21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 18:51   Link #6214
RDNexus

Maybe because those stories get adapted to series that seem to get some decent level of attention overseas...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 18:54   Link #6215
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Maybe because those stories get adapted to series that seem to get some decent level of attention overseas...
The problem is Yen Press barely can handle their current workload. I mean Index is so horribly behind and they've already had it for a while
Old 2015-10-10, 18:58   Link #6216
RDNexus

That only means they're biting more than they can chew and it'll end up biting on us because as long as they keep the license on each series' title, even if they start lagging, any outside attempts to give us something ends up calling for trouble.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 19:02   Link #6217
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
That only means they're biting more than they can chew and it'll end up biting on us because as long as they keep the license on each series' title, even if they start lagging, any outside attempts to give us something ends up calling for trouble.
That's my point exactly. It getting licensed is anything but good news since it takes them ages to put out the volumes and by the time they do the fandom has already shrunk a good deal and with it a good chunk of any potential customers.
Old 2015-10-10, 19:13   Link #6218
bakato

But the D&D mechanics might make this a hit with American newcomers.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 19:34   Link #6219
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
But the D&D mechanics might make this a hit with American newcomers.
But all of the fans in the present will lose interest, and the fanbase will diminish. It's a lose lose situation
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 20:02   Link #6220
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
But all of the fans in the present will lose interest, and the fanbase will diminish. It's a lose lose situation
It's not as bad as you think. Looked at another way, the timing could be considered a godsend. Maruyama's gotta bust his thinking cap now that the publication's caught up with the web novel so he's gonna be much siower cranking out the volumes. In the end, with licensing sooner's better than later.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination