AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-07-31, 10:32   Link #41
DaFool
Resident devil

A blog must be first a topic of interest to me. Like anime, Japan, peak oil, technology, or feminism.

If the author writes well, then thats the time I click on 'About Me' and read the other stuff.

Otherwise, I just don't care, move on, and never come back.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 10:33   Link #42
warnold
nerfelwap

I have a livejournal account because the friends page is almost exactly what I want in a RSS reader. (That's why I have a paid account, cause only paid accounts can add new external RSS feeds to LJ)

There are lots of people posting interesting things on LJ and other blog's that aren't just diary's, such as Get Medieval
(just look through my friends list if you care to see what I'm interested in.)

--
-billy-
warnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 11:42   Link #43
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

I agree~ LJ's syndication is very useful. I don't have as many feed as you but it is never-the-less just right for reading such things... not over presented, doesn't use up local resources and has a history plenty long enough...
Quote:
Originally Posted by warnold
just look through my friends list if you care to see what I'm interested in
...oooo, now I get to see a whole new side to warnold I've never seen before!

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-07-31 at 12:12.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 16:05   Link #44
warnold
nerfelwap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
oooo, now I get to see a whole new side to warnold I've never seen before!
I never said I was normal. Quiet, yes, normal, not really. But then, is anyone worth knowing normal?

--
-billy-
warnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 18:17   Link #45
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Cool

Quote:
I never said I was normal.
I never said you weren't...
Quote:
But then, is anyone worth knowing normal?
... You might have a point there ~

Some of it is quite interesting reading (or looking) actually~

NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 14:01   Link #46
*Itsuba*
Fwee. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
Well I don't know anyone who has a spare account, but my friend uses Free Open Diary and I guess that doesn't really help...well I hope that you find someone who does or you can always try either PiGGiE's or my suggestion.
Ooh, I use that. ;D

Also you can try Bebo or hi5. They are more like 'profile' thingies {MySpace} but you can make friends and stuff.
*Itsuba* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 19:26   Link #47
gundamfan80

a new site I found

edit: deleted

Last edited by gundamfan80; 2006-08-06 at 21:18.
gundamfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 05:56   Link #48
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
meh, im still using msn space, the stupid space live had made it even worse then b4.... stuff it, i give up on making anything that relates to blogging
Shini_GamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 11:38   Link #49
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

State of the Blogosphere, August 2006

I found this in my RSS feeds today and I thought of you guys. I comes from Sifry's Alerts. It's data he pulled and collated from Technorati. Here's the summary, but if you check out his site, he also includes a few nifty charts and expanded explanation. I always find it interesting that the most popular blog in the world is this amazing Chinese blog.

------8<--------

State of the Blogosphere, August 2006

* Technorati is now tracking over 50 Million Blogs.
* The Blogosphere is over 100 times bigger than it was just 3 years ago.
* Today, the blogosphere is doubling in size every 200 days, or about once every 6 and a half months.

* From January 2004 until July 2006, the number of blogs that Technorati tracks has continued to double every 5-7 months.
* About 175,000 new weblogs were created each day, which means that on average, there are more than 2 blogs created each second of each day.
* About 8% of new blogs get past Technorati's filters, even if it is only for a few hours or days.

* About 70% of the pings Technorati receives are from known spam sources, but we drop them before we have to send out a spider to go and index the splog.
* Total posting volume of the blogosphere continues to rise, showing about 1.6 Million postings per day, or about 18.6 posts per second.
* This is about double the volume of about a year ago.

* The most prevalent times for English-language posting is between the hours of 10AM and 2PM Pacific time, with an additional spike at around 5PM Pacific time

------8<--------

There are also some interesting stats on most popular languages in the blogsphere.

------8<--------

Next, let's look at the language distribution of the blogosphere. One of the most interesting statistics that has changed since the last State of the Blogosphere is that English has retaken the lead as the #1 language of the blogosphere. However, it's not by much - the Japanese blogosphere has grown substantially as well.

In April, English edged out Japanese with 34% of all postings to 33% of all postings, with Chinese taking the #3 spot with 14% of all postings.

------8<--------
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 16:18   Link #50
emothekat
Has a Muffin

Location: I am currently glued to my comp. chair...does that answer you question? T_T *muffin*
on a chat site I met someone from portugal who spoke english pretty well. (his grammer just wasnt always that great)
emothekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 21:15   Link #51
*Itsuba*
Fwee. =3

I changed to xanga. It`s pretty awesome. It is easy to have a layout and the blogrings are also pretty cool.
*Itsuba* is offline   Reply With Quote