AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-04-01, 03:36   Link #21
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Angel Beats!: There is a pop-punk rock band in this show, but its not all about music; yet the good story line makes up for it! Some episodes made me laugh others cry. I highly recommend Angel Beats! The Music in show is really good if you like Punk/Pop/Rock! The fictional band in this show is really popular in Japan Dead Girls Monster, there my second fav fictional band. First being Houkago tea time

Spoiler for Here is just a "few" of my fav songs from this show:
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 07:50   Link #22
FaiEatsRainbows
Wonderful Wonderholic

I'd go with what everyone else is saying about Idolm@ster. Angel beats also has a lot of music in it, but it is not completely about music. What's in it though is really good. ;D

also, AKB0048 is supposed to be airing soon.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:01   Link #23
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
People have mentioned this already but my two choices are:

Nodame Cantabile
Beck

For anime that isn't really about music but is a focal point, check out any of the Macross series.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 11:58   Link #24
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Macross - Do You Remember Love? movie
Nodame Cantabile
Beck
Full Moon wo Sagashite
NANA
Gravitation
La Corda D'Oro
Old 2012-04-03, 16:59   Link #25
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Sym
pho
gear
:d

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 11:22   Link #26
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist

Hmmm...

Beck
K-On!
Symphogear
Nana
Detroit Metal City
Gravitation
- BUT this has YAOI in it so be warned Other than that, it's rock n' roll mostly
Old 2012-11-25, 08:46   Link #27
nickittaxx

Sensual Phrase

Aine Yukimura is a seventeen year old high school student who writes sensual song lyrics on the side in hopes of becoming a song writer in the future. One day, two of her friends from school talk her into entering her best lyrics into a contest. Out on the side walk, she is bumped into and drops her lyrics in the street and is almost run over by a car driven by Sakuya Ookochi, the lead singer for Lucifer a hard rock band known for their sensual lyrics. Aine is clueless about who he is but falls for him anyway. While making sure she is not hurt, he gives her an all access pass to the Lucifer show that night. After she has left he finds her lyrics and takes them with him back to the band with a plan in mind. Aine goes to the show and listens from the back of the audience. As she begins to leave, she hears her lyrics sung by Sakuya and runs up to the front of the stage to see if he is the same guy from before. From this time forward, he sweeps her off her feet. At first she is told that Sakuya is never serious about women and she thinks he might be playing her. However, when he kidnaps her and convinces her become the band's lyricist, she thinks he's still playing her but it's all business and not romance. Sakuya goes as far as to transfer into Aine's high school to protect her and work with her. Initially, Sakuya sees her as a virgin he can tease but his emotions for her soon change into something stronger and more lasting. Seeing her talent and desiring the girl, he campaigns for Aine to become the official lyricist for the band. His manager initially objects, but when Aine continues producing excellent lyrics, he relents and she becomes their lyricist using the male pseudonym Yukihiko Aine to protect her identity and the band's image.
nickittaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 09:44   Link #28
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I'd suggest you try

NANA: 47 awesome episode of music, drama, slice of life and romance.

Uta No Prince Sama: music plays a big role in the show. There are a lot nice songs too. Has romance and comedy in it. First season finished this year and the second is coming out next year.

Hope I helped!!!
Old 2012-11-25, 10:33   Link #29
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I suggest you notice this thread has been dead for six months.

I also wondered why I had never heard of the anime called Sensual Phrase. It's because it's a manga, though this is a thread about music-related anime.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 13:10   Link #30
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Tari Tari
Sora no Woto
The iDOLM@STER
AKB0048
BECK
Nana

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 06:25   Link #31
maxblaze

Nodame Cantabile
Beck - The Best,
i recommend watching the anime before reading the manga.
Nana
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 05:16   Link #32
ProDigit

Definitely all the Macross series!
Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross Dynamite, etc.... (the older series is regular music, the newer ones a bit rock, and the newest is futuristic music, played back in Macross Plus, like a mix between trance, techno, pop, french music etc..)

Also Beck, mainly rock.

Nodame is classical music.

Gravitation is a gay episode (in the more modern sense of the word; meaning male love male); I would not recommend it, as the aim is less on being an artist.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote