AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-24, 16:32   Link #141
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
A bit harsh. Don't you think?
pretend somebody who doesn't know the bible and is all excited reading it
"you know how jesus dies?"
what happened before and after doesn't matter, i think the way i expressed myself wasn't even close enough to my actual wrath.
Old 2012-08-25, 06:57   Link #142
churchblue
Banned

Spoiler for Ikari and Jujubo:
Old 2012-08-27, 21:18   Link #143
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
what happened before and after doesn't matter, i think the way i expressed myself wasn't even close enough to my actual wrath.
This example is pretty lol. You know in WWII? The nazi's lose >_>

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2012-08-29, 14:31   Link #144
churchblue
Banned

Ch 62 summary is released. I found out that they release the monthly summary at the end of the month.

Here it is (in JP):
Spoiler for ch 62 in jp and autotranslation:

My opinion of what's going on as of 61:
Spoiler for ch 61 + 62 what I think:

Last edited by churchblue; 2012-08-29 at 14:43.
Old 2012-08-31, 02:38   Link #145
Kyouka
Is Here

Chapter for 30 dayumm Cliffhanger
Old 2012-08-31, 04:37   Link #146
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
Good chapters and the extra one too. **
Old 2012-08-31, 07:31   Link #147
churchblue
Banned

The battle will start in two chapters. Tanpopo means "dandelion" which fits who she is.

Anyways, what did you think of the ch 62 summary so far? (if you can understand it).
Old 2012-09-04, 19:14   Link #148
philip72

Quote:
what happened before and after doesn't matter
Excessive spoiler tagging has been the cancer of Animesuki and's stifled good discussion.

This is the Binbougami manga discussion forum, he wasn't spoiling from a novel or other medium. As it sits, because the manga is the source, it's impossible to spoil by discussing the most recent chapter.

So do we freely discuss the chapters of the manga as they're released? or do you want us all wait around, hiding behind tags, until some random copyright-busting scanlator eventually deigns to pop out an english release? What's Animesuki's views on scan teams vs official releases again?

Quote:
i think the way i expressed myself wasn't even close enough to my actual wrath.
internettoughguy.jpg Stop being such an aspie dick about it.
Old 2012-09-04, 19:46   Link #149
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
So do we freely discuss the chapters of the manga as they're released? or do you want us all wait around, hiding behind tags, until some random copyright-busting scanlator eventually deigns to pop out an english release? What's Animesuki's views on scan teams vs official releases again?
Ouch.
But this is a good point of discussion, I think issue at hand is whether or not this will drive away the discussion/participation from the thread. Having spoiler tags won't drive people who don't want to be spoiled yet, then those talking about said spoilers can keep talking about said spoilers. On the other hand, if it becomes generally accepted to just talk about stuff that hasn't been scanlated, then people will be less enthused to participate in the thread in fear of spoilers. At least that's the way I see it.

fyi I think this is the policy here:
Quote:
Show some consideration for your fellow community members and use spoiler tags when appropriate. Just like our Anime discussions, Manga and Light Novel discussions are required to follow our Spoiler Policy. We understand that translations can lag behind original language (raw) content and that it can be difficult to keep events from being spoiled so we merely ask that you use some basic courtesy and use the spoiler tag when discussing any newly released material and major events (such as deaths or new characters).
That said, what's your suggestion for the people who are following the scanlations and don't want to be spoiled? Learn japanese? Not go to this thread anymore?
Old 2012-09-04, 22:01   Link #150
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

to be fair i had and probably will have to leave a lot of subforums for that reason, even this one untill i got updated, this is more prominent in manga/LN threads, and a good example i can think of is the medaka box thread that when the translations was behind had huge chuncks of text spoiling everything with no spoiler tag to be seen, i do think people should keep the good custom of not spoiling, but raging and insulting over a spoiler in the thread of the source material is too much.
Old 2012-09-04, 22:54   Link #151
larethian

Quote:
Excessive spoiler tagging has been the cancer of Animesuki and's stifled good discussion.

This is the Binbougami manga discussion forum, he wasn't spoiling from a novel or other medium. As it sits, because the manga is the source, it's impossible to spoil by discussing the most recent chapter.

internettoughguy.jpg Stop being such an aspie dick about it.
You are right except that this series is currently being actively scantalated. People want to discuss the recent scantalated chapters of an actively scantalated series. And you know why Animesuki have the spoiler policy posted by Cross? Because if such spoilers if not curbed, drives a large part of the readers away from the thread. This means that pretty much no one is going to show up getting excited when a new scantalated chapter is released, and only a handful will be talking about the raws that are quite ahead of the translated chapters in this case. What LeaD36 done is not entirely not understandable given that this is not the first time churchblue is doing it and the spoiler is major one. Emotions do run high when you get spoiled on something major when you don't want to. I've seen a person (who is normally quiet and gentle which makes it kind of shocking to me) cursing a fellow TL for running his mouth on a spoiler on a mind-fudge series that he's (the first person in question) translating before he even receives the book. And the way churchblue is asking questions in some other threads aside from this one, like Itsuka Tenma (a LN series I translate), curtly without being grateful at all annoys me to no end. Oh, and that previous post about 'the battle is going to start in 2 chapters', again totally no consideration for other readers and makes me pissed.

That said, I think I may avoid this thread if raw SQ chapters are getting discussed, since I read the tanks and would have to wait 4 or 5 months for each volume. And I do think your point would make sense if most of the readers know the source material through other means and if this series is stalled, but this is not the case here, and you calling LeaD36 a dick doesn't really make you any better, does it? While I'm not totally condoning it, I can totally understand and empathize with what LeaD36 and some other lurkers are feeling. I myself have cursed just as much under my breath when it happens to me. Oh, if you are the type who is ok with getting spoiled, I guess I have wasted my time typing.
Old 2012-09-05, 16:20   Link #152
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
REALLY ?!
REALLY ?!
Badly injured ? I thought he would have been saved !
Old 2012-09-05, 16:58   Link #153
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Ouch.
But this is a good point of discussion, I think issue at hand is whether or not this will drive away the discussion/participation from the thread. Having spoiler tags won't drive people who don't want to be spoiled yet, then those talking about said spoilers can keep talking about said spoilers. On the other hand, if it becomes generally accepted to just talk about stuff that hasn't been scanlated, then people will be less enthused to participate in the thread in fear of spoilers. At least that's the way I see it.

fyi I think this is the policy here:
That said, what's your suggestion for the people who are following the scanlations and don't want to be spoiled? Learn japanese? Not go to this thread anymore?
Probably the ideal solution would be to have both an actual release (raw or official english licensee) thread that could carry a spoiler warning, and a second scanlator dependent thread for scan releases.

In regards to policy however, if you look at some of the other manga threads here on Animesuki (One Piece for example) the mods are the ones who actually post the spoilers, often at the beginning of the thread; while in other threads the mods insist on spoiler tags even for idle speculation and shipping.
It's been really inconsistent, and some threads are full of nothing but spoiler boxes. Nobody dares post anything without one for fear of being banned.
This Binbougami ga! thread has been pretty good so far, but if some forum bullies get their druthers, this thread too will become unreadable.

Scans for Binbougami have been fairly consistent, but this is not the case for a lot (most) manga, what with sudden series drops, in-group drama, and sudden laziness syndrome, titles can languish for months or sometimes a few years, for no good reason. Should we hide behind boxes while we wait for someone else to pick up the title.
We can have a vibrant discussion or we can have spoiler boxes splattered everywhere, but it's hard to have both.

Last edited by philip72; 2012-09-05 at 17:09. Reason: was a little obnoxious, thought better of it.
Old 2012-09-05, 17:04   Link #154
churchblue
Banned

Jump Square manga are scanned monthly, so why isn't this manga scanned in to process? You have to what for the next vol to come out. Read the summaries is nice, why is this manga not scanned like the rest.
Old 2012-09-05, 18:04   Link #155
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Probably the ideal solution would be to have both an actual release (raw or official english licensee) thread that could carry a spoiler warning, and a second scanlator dependent thread for scan releases.

In regards to policy however, if you look at some of the other manga threads here on Animesuki (One Piece for example) the mods are the ones who actually post the spoilers, often at the beginning of the thread; while in other threads the mods insist on spoiler tags even for idle speculation and shipping.
It's been really inconsistent, and some threads are full of nothing but spoiler boxes. Nobody dares post anything without one for fear of being banned.
This Binbougami ga! thread has been pretty good so far, but if some forum bullies get their druthers, this thread too will become unreadable.

Scans for Binbougami have been fairly consistent, but this is not the case for a lot (most) manga, what with sudden series drops, in-group drama, and sudden laziness syndrome, titles can languish for months or sometimes a few years, for no good reason. Should we hide behind boxes while we wait for someone else to pick up the title.
We can have a vibrant discussion or we can have spoiler boxes splattered everywhere, but it's hard to have both.
But we're talking about Binbougami right now. And I don't believe this thread is active enough to warrant anything more than this thread.

@churchblue
I don't really understand what you just said
Old 2012-09-05, 18:34   Link #156
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Kurosu: He's not understanding why the RAWs don't appear on time despite this being a monthly release. It all comes down to the availability of the source, which really isn't something anyone can control, as SOMEONE has to buy the magazine first and scan it. If no one does that, then no RAWs, leading to no scanslations.
Old 2012-09-05, 19:36   Link #157
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
International forum, meaning the biggest chunk of visitors reads releases in english. If you want to talk about recent japanese only available chapters go to a japanese language based forum.
Else, use spoilertags, read the fucking forum rules.
Old 2012-09-05, 19:51   Link #158
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Jump Square manga are scanned monthly, so why isn't this manga scanned in to process? You have to what for the next vol to come out. Read the summaries is nice, why is this manga not scanned like the rest.
we cannot talk about scans ans all that, but to resume an answer it would be popularity and quality the factors, but i really think since it seems you dont know japanese, you should stick with the english releases, specially by the reason you mentioned, since no one in this thread wants to rely on summaries and only read the tanks, or if you have the time learn japanese.
Old 2012-09-05, 21:46   Link #159
larethian

Quote:

Yes, I agree that I've seen some of these inconsistencies, at least for LN threads (I don't visit most of WSJ manga threads since I read mostly tanks - either borrowed from friends or bought them myself - rather than mags). While I'm not a mod and I can't really offer my 2 cents on modding rules, I would say that whether or not it's a good idea to have the spoilers out in the open depends on the title in question. For some light novel threads, summaries are freely available and a substantial population of members do not mind the spoilers since they have little or no hope of seeing the series getting translated. In such a case, open summaries and spoilers will contribute to a vibrant discussion and souls like me will have to avoid that thread with nothing to complain about.

In the case of some mangas, such as this one, it is actively getting scantalated, meaning it has regular updates, so most people prefer to discuss the most recently scanlated chapter. Having spoilers out in the open will just make the thread deader than before, since only a very small handful are willing to discuss the latest chapter, and all the rest will never be able to visit the thread again since we don't want to get spoiled.

Quote:
Because there are less scantalors than mangas and active scantalation of this series started late. They are now catching up. You should be grateful someone even decided to pick up this project and stop whining. Note that people are doing this for free and putting in many hours each week without getting a single cent. Do you have any idea much work and effort it is? They can do it as slow as they like or they can drop it and they don't owe you jack shit. As far as I can remember, a lot of text has no bubbles which means tons of redraws, and it's a bitch to translate this series with the jokes and everything. This just means a lot more time is needed. So you should be grateful and stop your whining. If I were you, I would go down to the scanlator's website to thank them and do NOT ask when the next chapter will be out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
we cannot talk about scans ans all that, but to resume an answer it would be popularity and quality the factors, but i really think since it seems you dont know japanese, you should stick with the english releases, specially by the reason you mentioned, since no one in this thread wants to rely on summaries and only read the tanks, or if you have the time learn japanese.
Actually, I didn't know that we can't talk about scans of unlicensed series (I could be wrong though).
Old 2012-09-05, 22:11   Link #160
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i think this thread is getting a little too heated, in the end we dont need the rules to come to an accord, we gived churchblue comments too much importance, he seems to have gotten the message, and we have almost one page off topic talking about that.

Tags
comedy, shounen