AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2006-07-14, 17:42   Link #121
DaFool
Resident devil

Definitely turning out better than Shana for me. The comedy works nicely because it doesn't take itself too seriously and yet the story elements are pleasantly and competently presented. So far this new season its my favorite.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 17:44   Link #122
SinsI

Quote:
You can have all the potential in the world, but if you're a chemistry student who likes to improvise, and you blow up the classroom every time you perform an experiment, you're not going to be considered competent.
Not quite so. If you always, even in such simple experiments as mixing water and cooking salt, manage to create an explosion - then you are really gifted.
Spoiler:
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 18:09   Link #123
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Definitely turning out better than Shana for me....
For me, too. Although we haven't seen how the story will develop yet. The character design and animation really work for me. The atmosphere is well handled. And the voice acting is very attractive, especially Kugimiya Rie. Can't say it's my favorite of the new season: that would be Bokura ga Ita, with NHK maybe second, after one episode. But it's a lot higher quality than I realized it would be, and rising.

The scriptwriter/series composition person, Yoshioka Takao 吉岡たかを, apparently did the same on Elfen Lied, DearS, and Yoshinaga-san'chi no Gargoyle; did the script for Major; and did the screenplay for Refrain Blue.

I should have realized it would be good when I saw the voice crew. Not only Kugimiya Rie and Hino Satoshi, but Kawasumi Ayako, Takahashi Mikako (Ayu in H&C), Horie Yui, Arai Satomi (Kozue in Mahoraba), and Inokuchi Yuka (Anju in Karin).

After two eps, I'm really finding both Louise's and Saitou's characters quite interesting and attractive.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 18:33   Link #124
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI
Not quite so. If you always, even in such simple experiments as mixing water and cooking salt, manage to create an explosion - then you are really gifted.
Spoiler:
"Incompetent" means that you do not have what it takes to do something successfully. If you create an explosion when you're supoosed to make a salted water, then you're incompetent. Yeah, you may be gifted in other ways, but still, you're incompetent. Louise may have some powerful potential, but at this stage, she's quite incompetent.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 19:10   Link #125
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
でもなぁ、TLは面白いけど、ムカツクのはやっぱTLの後の事全然加えられない事だな。
自分のTLはreleaseする当日までどう修正されたのは... ちょっとね。
例えば、「微熱」のキュルケをFever, Passionもしは Fervourで良いじゃないかと書いといたら
EP01見たら「Ardent」に変身するし... 「燃える」と全然関係ないのにT_T

まぁ、本当どうでもいいことだけど。全部微妙に外れてるからな。
[/rant]
ま、そういうのはよくあることだから、いちいち気にしても仕方ないでしょう。ここは大目に見るのがコツです よ。

っていうか、翻訳者はあなたですかw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
暴力団は英語で何て言えば良かったかな?
Gangster group/organization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf
編集作業に自分も加えてほしいって、グループに言えば何とか対処してくれるかも。
いや、そんなことしたら多分余計に混乱するだけだから、任せたほうがいいと思う。

あ、ここは一応英語掲示板だから、日本語の書き込みは控えめにしましょう。 怒られそうだから

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
Possibly incompetent was too strong a word. I didn't mean to suggest she wasn't powerful. Her spells do seem to result in a lot of unintended consequences, however, which her peers find both frightening and funny. I haven't read the book, but at this juncture in the series, she does appear to have accuracy and judgment issues. This certainly makes her appear incompetent. Let's face it. You can have all the potential in the world, but if you're a chemistry student who likes to improvise, and you blow up the classroom every time you perform an experiment, you're not going to be considered competent.

She may have great potential and power. What I was trying to say was her penchant for screwing up, along with the way she moves from "hard" to "soft," makes her endearing. It helps offset her sharpness and haughty demeanor.
Well, you should think there's a reason why Louise can only create "Explosions". It's not about whether Louise is competent or not, but about the direction of her talent. (although the anime won't get to cover too much about it )

As for the kind of dere-ness (intimacy) portrayed in this series, it can get downright fatal. We're not talking about silly fanservices, but borderline erotic contents here. I'm at volume 5 of the novel now and I'm surprised that Saito still has his virginity.

Louise's tsundere range is also far more extreme compared to Shana. She's practically the personification of the word "moody".

Anyway, Saito rules.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 19:16   Link #126
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Siesta's just another Kazumi Yoshida from Shakugan no Shana.. i'm gonna give her a few episodes before she notices that Saito's a real person. ^^;
Old 2006-07-14, 19:27   Link #127
SinsI

Quote:
As for the kind of dere-ness (intimacy) portrayed in this series, it can get downright fatal. We're not talking about silly fanservices, but borderline erotic contents here. I'm at volume 5 of the novel now and I'm surprised that Saito still has his virginity.
Well, in Green Green main hero also kept it for quite a while... And silly fanservices are plentiful there.
Old 2006-07-14, 20:12   Link #128
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI
Well, in Green Green main hero also kept it for quite a while... And silly fanservices are plentiful there.
What do you expect, both are written by the same author, after all. The moment you see a perverted old man using his familiar for voyeurism, you go "ah, Yamaguchi Noboru!"
Old 2006-07-14, 20:33   Link #129
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I'm already a Tabitha fan. Has Nagato crossed dimensions from Haruhi?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 20:37   Link #130
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
lol
Spoiler:

Quote:
いや、そんなことしたら多分余計に混乱するだけだから、任せたほうがいいと思う。
いや、そんなことないと思う。ちゃんとIRCで交渉したら、解決ができる事もあるかもしれん。
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 21:16   Link #131
uruchai
"You'll be blessed!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Definitely turning out better than Shana for me. The comedy works nicely because it doesn't take itself too seriously and yet the story elements are pleasantly and competently presented. So far this new season its my favorite.
I see there's still the Shana juxtaposition going on...

for me though, I just couldn't compare/contrast the two other than the voice actors used in both series. the specified genre of each were just quite different from each other. I enjoyed Shana, and I think I will enjoy ZeroTsu as well.

-->> and about the competency, or lack thereof, of Louise: well, let's just say the girl is competently incompetent that she is able to summon a commoner for a familiar, who would probably become a strong one (not to mention the runes appearing on his hand seemed to be special).
uruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 21:38   Link #132
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
lol
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
いや、そんなことないと思う。ちゃんとIRCで交渉したら、解決ができる事もあるかもしれん。
I'm a translator myself too, so I know how frustrating it is to see your translation altered. But trust me, you're only going to give yourself a big headache if you try to bargain with the editors/proofreaders all the time about the changes they want to make. Unless you want to do everything yourself, it's best to not concern yourself about what they do to your scripts too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uruchai
-->> and about the competency, or lack thereof, of Louise: well, let's just say the girl is competently incompetent that she is able to summon a commoner for a familiar, who would probably become a strong one (not to mention the runes appearing on his hand seemed to be special).
Well, we'll see about that.
Old 2006-07-15, 00:22   Link #133
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

I take back all I said about Louise's skills as a magician. I'm spellbound.

This is a larger version of a previously posted image. It's still on the small side.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 02:45   Link #134
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

The second episode was very good...

I'm glad it doesn't turn out to be another (stupid) Shana. The comedy is very good, and while it isn't anything great, it's an entertaining watch.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 07:49   Link #135
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie
I'm glad it doesn't turn out to be another (stupid) Shana. The comedy is very good, and while it isn't anything great, it's an entertaining watch.
Now now.. this isn't the place to call Shana~
Old 2006-07-15, 10:31   Link #136
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

First episode impression

Arguably, this is the anime I've been looking forward to pick up for the summer season.

Parallel mirroring with Shana (at least only in character designs and mannerisms) is deliciously portrayed within an all moe tsundere context.

I'm disclosing publicly my likeness for Louise. She's just pinky cute with a spicy, spunky, bratty personality that makes her more attractive.

The soundtrack and themes are now marked MOST wanted on my OST list. The arrange and symphonic of violins, cellos, pianos, harpsichords, and percussion instrument establish and compliment perfectly the magic and fantasy themes, touched upon with an effect of mystery and surprised discovery. The soundtrack is moody bumbling, fill with ethereal magic.

Forget Hogwarts and Harry Potter, Louise owns at Tristian and is first for me to get acquainted with an anime female tsundere that virtually sucks and messes at magic.
Osman is the naughty, lecher that Dumbledore will never aspire to be.

The tsundere, the moe, the pranks, the little ecchi tones, and big-a** explosions deliver a solid performance for this first.

I will definitely keep it. However, I'm somewhat discouraged that Louise did not cry in frustration: urusai, urusai, urusai.

C'mon deliver another few Shana tributes. He-he-heh!
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 14:06   Link #137
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I guess that many people have realized this by now, but since after a quick skim through the thread I didn't see this mentioned I'll do it now

Returning to the topic of the names, more than the names being based on the historical figures themselves, I think the author was based on the characters of "The Vizcount of Bragelonne" by Alexandre Dumas, since the series include some of the secondary characters (but practically unkwown historical figures) of this book like Malicorne. What's more, every noble that has been named so far (at least the ones I have noticed) have names that are at least mentioned in the aforementioned book. Hence why I think "romanizing" the names to their french counterpart would be the right thing to do, since it was the original author's source after all.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 16:23   Link #138
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Spoiler:

Last edited by Draneor; 2006-07-15 at 16:43.
Draneor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 17:57   Link #139
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
epsiode 2 was intresting i dont think that our herione is as inept at casting then her counter parts might think. My theory is she has a tremndous amount of magical power but she does not know how to control it hence the backfires when she cast a spell. As for her summoning a human if you think about a bond with another person not an animal or monster would be stronger giving the types of feelings involved another person. what i am intrested in is the rune on (forgot the guys name sorry) his hand and what is the meaning behind it obvioulsy its important or the headmaster would not have asked for it to be kept secret. Its always nice to see the little guy come out on top, just cause your a noble doesnt mean your still not a pussy
Old 2006-07-15, 19:15   Link #140
SinsI

Quote:
Its always nice to see the little guy come out on top, just cause your a noble doesnt mean your still not a pussy
He probably fits her requirements. - "Holy, beautiful and above all, most powerful".

Or was it "devoted, beautiful and powerful"?

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, tsundere