1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-21, 20:33   Link #21
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside
On a lighter note, Oboro's great great great great great great great great grandfather!
It could be just a random demi-human. On another note, you think Hakuoro and Mikoto got married or something?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-09-21, 23:50   Link #22
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Of course, who knows if the demi humans evolved to age slower?
That's why we said we don't know. It might be centuries or millennia. There are no indications of how much time passed between the new species' liberation and Hakuoro's appearance. It must at the very least be a few centuries if not one millennia so that those races could have created civilizations, traditions, legends, medieval sciences, etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
On another note, you think Hakuoro and Mikoto got married or something?
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-22, 03:30   Link #23
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
Spoiler:
Yep, here's the in game picture of their child.

I wanna play the game so bad because they leaving out so much stuff in the anime. It's just making me mad. Arg! Too bad I can't read Japanese.
Old 2006-09-22, 11:21   Link #24
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
There are programs you can run in synch with the game like Anime Games Text Hooker and ATLAS clipboard translator. Unfortunately, this method is so malevolently crude and imprecise that you'll barely understand what's being translated.

HOWEVER, if you can get Anime Games Text Hooker to work, just put whatever kanji and phrases you don't know into online japanese dictionaries and translate it little by little. It helps to an extent - Genjimaru uses big phases, for example, so you may not get the same meaning translating one part of the whole. So the key is knowing where the phrases are, which means knowing some Japanese...

But in any case, just because you can't read it doesn't mean you shouldn't play it! It's really good; makes other hentai games seem archaic to me (but Utawarerumono was my first so what do I know? -_- ).
Old 2006-09-22, 11:33   Link #25
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Nice episode,and a good way to setup the grand finale.It was also interesting that Kamyu's personnality still exists inside Mitsumi.
Old 2006-09-22, 13:13   Link #26
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
kuuya...sad...but im happy that she's happy because childhood memories are ment to be the happiest (if that made sense)
drunk touka =
the drama and tension from the 2nd half left me like this : XP
exellent ep...but still i wana know more about wht happened in the past (they have seemed to be skipped)
Spoiler:

only flaw was those red blobs...wht a sad excuse for something to hold our warriors back and hakuoro just runs past then
i liked the cliffhanger end...godzilla fight

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-22, 13:30   Link #27
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
...but still i wana know more about wht happened in the past (they have seemed to be skipped)
The flashback arc is indeed the series' stepping stone as it should reveal a LOT of things behind Hakuoro's nature and HOW the heck did he end up being as such - specifically with a true human being's physiognomy, the mask, etc...
But yeah, it looks like they ran out of screentime and decided to drop most fbs with perhaps the belief that sneak peeks here and there will suffice or that game FAQs would provide answers to the unsatisfied fans.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
only flaw was those red blobs...wht a sad excuse for something to hold our warriors back and hakuoro just runs past then
...Technically, yeah, it's another one of those 'monsters-stall-Hakuoro's-party's-approach-while-the-main-villain-keeps-doing-his-evil-deeds' moment as seen when Hakuoro went to confront Dii and Kuuya.

But the red blobs' presence was not due to the scriptwriters getting high with weed; whatever they were (hmmm...I believe I was talking about them a bit earlier...*hint*hint*nudge*nudge*) is part of the story and flashback arc. So, no, they didn't come here for nothing...that is, as long as they'll show what or who they truly are in ep26.
Old 2006-09-22, 15:26   Link #28
Cardiac Glycoside

Am I alone in having perverted thoughts in watching psycho-moe Kuuya?
Old 2006-09-22, 18:53   Link #29
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
To each his/her own. There are several distinct character personalities/physiques in Utawarerumono to get perverse thoughts on. = P

Speaking of monsters-stall-Hakuoro's-party's-approach-while-the-main-villain-keeps-doing-his-evil-deeds, hopefully Dii says something about his creations (or we see/hear something involving the undead creations of his) in episode 26. If they do explain it, I might be better lenient on judging the previous episodes where we had seen them but it's still an annoyance to save so many answers to important questions for the series finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 responding to Deathkillz's spoiler question
Spoiler:
Spoiler for my response to above quote:
Old 2006-09-22, 19:16   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
well i certainly thought she looked cuter being "potato-like" (or her mind being reduced to a veg)

@Zaris ~ erm yea wht i mean was being "pure-human"...kinda bad of me to not say it more clearly

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-22, 20:12   Link #31
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Spoiler for ep25:
Old 2006-09-22, 20:51   Link #32
Cardiac Glycoside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Spoiler for ep25:
(my emphasis) It really is Hakuoro's own fault because he has a palace full of beautiful, exotic young ladies but doesn't make a move on any of them. So as far as happiness goes, he left not just cash but his entire bank account on the table.

As for a manga, there is one volume of it serialized on a [SHOUJO?!?!] magazine. Of course my source is Wikipedia so take that as you will.
Old 2006-09-22, 22:42   Link #33
Zaris
of Porsche

Regarding a manga version of the series, all I've seen are a few pages of the content witnessed in episode 1. It could be this [SHOUJO?!?!] magazine that Cardiac Glycoside is referring to. I've seen a lot of doujins - none of them directly tied to the canon events of Utawarerumono.

Quote:
Spoiler for happy endings:
That's exactly my beef. As far as the anime portrays it, Hakuoro doesn't feel that affectionate towards any one female. As such, he wouldn't/doesn't have much of a reason to live and/or come back. As it stands, he's going 1 on 1 as a kind of penance. This can still change, however, if we Hakuoro confesses his feelings to someone in episode 26 or whatever thing that involves hearing how he feels towards any of the female cast. But it would have to be an effective confession...

-----------

Quote:
Spoiler:
There are people who play foreign games while not knowing what in the world the characters are saying. But I encourage everybody to play it for the story and if you don't get what they're talking about, maybe the S-RPG fan in you will want to play it anyway (half of the game is S-RPG). Besides, you'll probably get 30-50% of the content on visualizations alone.

I think it's perfectly natural for people who have followed both anime and game of Utawarerumono to make comparisons. But I also emphasize that you don't have to play the game first to watch this show. The modified story in itself is already worth applauding. It's just difficult to not let what you already know influence your judgement.
Old 2006-09-22, 22:49   Link #34
Lotiman

He should definite stay as the Emperor. I don't care about the cash but the leaving the exotic young ladies is somehow weird. As Cardiac mentioned, it is his own fault.
Old 2006-09-22, 22:54   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
As for a manga, there is one volume of it serialized on a [SHOUJO?!?!] magazine. Of course my source is Wikipedia so take that as you will.
Not "shoujo" but "bishoujo". It's serialized in Dengeki G's Magazine, and I'd say the flavour, for the most part, is sort of "fun side-stories featuring the Utawarerumono characters". It doesn't attempt to re-tell the game's story or anything like that. Consider it a serialized omake. 12 chapters in the magazine so far, with one collected volume released in late July.
Old 2006-09-22, 23:09   Link #36
Cardiac Glycoside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotiman
He should definite stay as the Emperor. I don't care about the cash but the leaving the exotic young ladies is somehow weird. As Cardiac mentioned, it is his own fault.
"Cash" in this case is a metaphor. Think about it.

EDIT: Furthermore, if you found out (more like, remembered) that you are a god and that everyone except the bunny people worship you, you've gotta be pretty damn lame if your only reaction is to go fuc--I mean, fight yourself. Maybe Hakuoro should just give a friendly sign of approval to Dii (like in that one picture floating around in danbooru) and just wallow in the praise of all his faithful.

But as it turns out, it's not "The one being sung," it's "The one with the sex drive of a corpse."
Old 2006-09-22, 23:24   Link #37
Key Board
Carbon

Hakuoro only loved one women and her alone: Mikoto

Everyone else he refers to as friends or family. As you probably noticed.
Old 2006-09-22, 23:27   Link #38
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Game Hakuoro begs to differ. Friends with benefits. Or so I've heard.

Dii is cooler than Hakuoro. Can't be a proper bishounen with a mask like Hakuoro's.
Old 2006-09-23, 00:13   Link #39
Cardiac Glycoside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
Hakuoro only loved one women and her alone: Mikoto

Everyone else he refers to as friends or family. As you probably noticed.
His own fault. He could just call it plausible deniability and continue banging his great^n granddaughter and other females.

Besides, what man is THAT faithful to their main squeeze?
Old 2006-09-23, 03:30   Link #40
awyongcarl

Comes to think of the relationship of Hakuoro...
Would it be possible if Tusukuru is....hakuoro wife? lol
Closed Thread