AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-05, 22:56   Link #101
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This show is all about Otousan. He's such a soft-hearted tub of goo, the poor sap just melts when it comes to Chi.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 22:08   Link #102
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
X3 OMG I just started watchin' Chi today and as a cat fan, I JUST LOOOOOVE IT! Chi's so adorable and so addicting.

Nya~

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 16:22   Link #103
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I love the introduction of the big black cat - complete with his own bass saxophone theme music...
Old 2008-06-25, 11:48   Link #104
Meirin
Locked Girl

Yes, the bear cat's theme music is great. ^^ I wonder whether there'll be an OST for this series?
Meirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 02:33   Link #105
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Here ya go:

25 different english fandubs of Chi's Sweet Home opening song:

http://voiceactingalliance.com/board...ad.php?t=33286

That's right, 25! And growing!
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 15:23   Link #106
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

A Chi DVD release has been announced!

By the looks of it the series will be released in 2 DVD releases:

Volume 1: 27th August (Free gift: Chi pen[cil] case) ¥3990
Volume 2: 26th September (Free gifts: Chi mini towel [face cloth], 15cm mini Chi figure) ¥7980
Old 2008-08-11, 19:01   Link #107
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I have to give props to this anime once again. Who would have thought, this three-minute trifle has become the best anime about cat "ownership" ever. Two eps from the new batch of subs stand out:

The blackout. This is the first time I've ever seen the flashlight game referenced in fiction, but it's so very true - cats go absolutely a**-sh** for that little circle of light in a darkened room. Hours of fun to be had by all. The only question is whether the cat or human enjoys it more.

"Chi Cuddles". Again, if you've owned a cat you know it's true - they have an instinct that tells them when their human is sick, and they like to stay close by to make sure everything is OK.

Said if before, I'll say it again - the writers of thing blow me away with just how much they get every little detail of cat companionship. It's like seeing scenes from my life played out in anime.
Old 2008-09-21, 22:49   Link #108
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Now this might seem like a shot in the dark, but has anyone considered doing a compiled version of this series?? Since each episode is about 2.5 minutes of actual episode and 1 minute of intro, it wouldn't be hard to hack of the intro from all but the first episode, then bundle 10-12 episodes or so together as something similar to half hour episodes just like normal anime is. I realize they're as short as they are to work with the target audience, but for more seasoned viewers like myself, having the episodes bundled with fixed subtitles (no MKV nonsense), I think it would be quite helpful. Then again, my opinion on this probably means bunk. But it's at least a suggestion that I figured to offer in case someone was willing to take me up on it.
Quote:
Said if before, I'll say it again - the writers of thing blow me away with just how much they get every little detail of cat companionship. It's like seeing scenes from my life played out in anime.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. It makes me want to have my own little baby kitty cat again, even though I can't afford it and my landlord would kill me if I did get one.
Quote:
"Chi Cuddles". Again, if you've owned a cat you know it's true - they have an instinct that tells them when their human is sick, and they like to stay close by to make sure everything is OK.
That's interesting that you say that. Some people don't realize how actually involved cats are with their owning family. Case in point, my dad's dog died recently and the two cats that lived with her (the dog) actually were totally devastated by her death. They knew exactly what had happened, morned just like humans, had issues dealing with the death, and even sat in the weeds while I was digging the grave and watched me do it, sort of paying their last respects in a way only a cat can do. These are the same cats that would play with the dog, groom her, watch over her when she got sick, fight like siblings, and actually stick up for her when the neighborhood cats and dogs came over to give her a hard time. Even though they were different species, my dad's two cats stuck up for the family dog just as though she were their own sibling.

For people who hate cats, I have to tell them that they're missing an experience that's so frighteningly human like that it's crazy. To see cats acting like that with such human like characteristics is both a bit refreshing and unnerving in some ways. But I wouldn't pass it up for anything.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 19:35   Link #109
Ambulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Now this might seem like a shot in the dark, but has anyone considered doing a compiled version of this series?? Since each episode is about 2.5 minutes of actual episode and 1 minute of intro, it wouldn't be hard to hack of the intro from all but the first episode, then bundle 10-12 episodes or so together as something similar to half hour episodes just like normal anime is.
Sounds nice. On the other hand, I have just about memorized the song now. It's taken me watching just about all 104 episodes to achieve that.

The ending of the last episode sure didn't resolve much, so it looks like there may be another season.
Ambulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 11:38   Link #110
Jiji
*Scanlator

If memory serves (which it does less and less all the time) I think there was already word or rumor of another series...

Okay, I'm too lazy this morning to read back in this thread. But I think someone mentioned it here. :P
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 00:05   Link #111
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hmmm - 104 was it? Wasn't much if a finale, really - not in terms of quality (loved it), but resolution. These things sure packed a lot of humor and emotional truth in 3 minutes - I sure hope a second season truly is in the works.
Old 2008-10-20, 02:26   Link #112
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
From Chapters 98 to 104, I was glued to the computer. Even had a few moments of tears.

Spoiler for Spoiler for 103:
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 20:48   Link #113
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Spoiler for one of the best scenes in the show (ep. 101):
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 20:22   Link #114
Pixelation
Dreamcatcher

Chi's Sweet Home was great. It follows an adorable kitty and her human family through all the hassles and rewards of raising a cat. While managing to be simple and safe enough for even the smallest child, it was funny and entertaining to even this adult male.

I liked seeing over-enthusiastic-pet-shop-girl, she must work on commision... =)

Too bad my niece can't read the subtitles, but her mom can... *sends to his sister*

I 'almost' didn't watch this show, being my first encounter with the .mkv format. The package to play it didn't agree with my Roxio software, so I converted the episodes to DivX then uninstalled it. =(
Pixelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 11:43   Link #115
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelation View Post
I 'almost' didn't watch this show, being my first encounter with the .mkv format. The package to play it didn't agree with my Roxio software, so I converted the episodes to DivX then uninstalled it. =(
Do you have a hardware player? If not: there's this sticky in the playback help section. (Hint: look for "CCCP" and read the "more info" about .mkv link)
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 07:20   Link #116
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Chiiii~ ;o;

It's been a while since I finished the series, but I still love Chii!

Maybe I shall rewatch it...

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 08:16   Link #117
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Chi season 2 announced!

ANN
Old 2009-02-05, 12:26   Link #118
hirahira
a duck is fine too

I am so glad to hear that =D

The first season didn't have a very ending-ish ending. I hope she finds her mother again in this season
Old 2009-02-05, 16:24   Link #119
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Great news, indeed. I hope we see more of Blackie.
Old 2009-02-06, 01:47   Link #120
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Ah...my favorite Pick-Me-Up series is back for more fun. ^_^
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
children, comedy, family, seinen