AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-18, 12:17   Link #1401
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Some translations, of the himegoe CD that was included with the LE DVD1. It has the characters answering some questions, and also saying some Windows sound lines and some other lines. Here's Perrine's versions, translated.

Spoiler:

Tracks 1-49 in DVD 1 were Mio, but she's kinda boring. DVD 2 will probably have Lynette and Barkhorn. DVD 3 will probably have Sanya and Shirley?/Eila? Well, I can imagine the fanservice tracks will be popular for Sanya...

Last edited by selkirk; 2008-10-21 at 23:09.
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 19:50   Link #1402
chaosprophet

Thanks for the translation. These lines are shouting "Tsundere"! Interesting that even here she metions that Rapier which never appeared on the Anime!
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 03:33   Link #1403
suki-gin
AnimeSuki Lurker

Send a message via AIM to suki-gin Send a message via MSN to suki-gin
Thanks for the translation! Perrine is such a lovely Tsundere.
I wonder who will be on the following dvd's...
suki-gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 12:57   Link #1404
Mariko Kurama
Asakura Ryoko fanboy

Hopefully we'll get some Minna soon .
Mariko Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 10:08   Link #1405
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Well well, Nikka Katajainen fanart. Never would've thought I'd see that.

Original Katajainen image

Anyway, in DVD news, specials for DVD 2 are apparently MORE non-telop EDs (Yoshika/Lynette and Yoshika/Barkhorn). Like there haven't been enough versions of the ED already. <_<
Old 2008-10-23, 11:00   Link #1406
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Surprising indeed, but not at all unwelcome.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 11:34   Link #1407
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I stumbled on this little image while scouring Danbooru, with translations already done, it was easy to make a quick and dirty edit for convenience sake:

Now, this timeline poses several interesting questions. For one, several notions of 'Germany' are made, even after the official formation of Karlsland, and there is no official statement of Germany 'dissolving' so what's up with that? It also seems that every time 'disturbances' are mentioned they are related to Neuroi.

Also, I chuckled at the Wright brothers becoming the Wright sisters. Looks like every important person in Strike Witches gets genderbent.
Gotta love the wordplay on "Fu-Bu Alliance", an alliance between Fuso and Britannia (Buritania), as well as "Tenka Fubu", the slogan used by Oda Nobunaga in his quest to unify the domains during the waning years of the Sengoku Period.

With the then two most powerful empires in that alternate history having joined forces in an alliance, Nobunaga's vision of "spreading the world with the might of the military" has become a reality, for a while maybe.

Anyway, yeah, I actually watched all 12 episodes of it in one go some time ago, but have not got the opportunity to post. Absolutely love it. At first I have doubts about the skirtless fashion that seems to be trendy in this alternate world, but all the cute girls and yuri won me over, as always. It's been a long time since I actually liked something made by Gonzo.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 14:45   Link #1408
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

For those watching Strike Witches for their "architectural appreciation" ... looks like the DVD series is massively "nipple-rific" -- no more magical towels, dense fog, etc. Just people doing what they normally do in onsens....

NSFW: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/1...ches-unveiled/
Old 2008-10-23, 14:48   Link #1409
mg1942

But there goes my hopes for North American R1 DVD...

Last edited by mg1942; 2008-10-23 at 15:45.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 15:15   Link #1410
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah.... this series in the DVD version would definitely be rated 16+ at the minimum in psychotic old Puritan-land. Which is a shame because they're not really *doing* anything prurient - most of the scenes of nudity happen to be in an onsen. Its not unusual for business deals, social gatherings, etc in such a locale. The other scenes are mostly in a military setting .... where people sometimes are semi-clothed/naked in a group (barracks, etc).

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-10-23 at 15:29.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 15:24   Link #1411
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

The DVD covers this time round are even more win than the previous. Looking forward to Elia X Sanya on the cover though.

Also, still, IIRC the onsen scene's quite short, so it's not going to be "nipple-rific" much. But something is better than nothing.

Edit: Oh and to Selkirk, yeah, DVD 2 had Lynne and Barkhorn's commentary. Weird they didn't lump her with Erica.
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 15:28   Link #1412
mg1942

Elia X Sanya volume 4 preview
Old 2008-10-24, 00:56   Link #1413
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
yeah.... this series in the DVD version would definitely be rated 16+ at the minimum in psychotic old Puritan-land. Which is a shame because they're not really *doing* anything prurient - most of the scenes of nudity happen to be in an onsen. Its not unusual for business deals, social gatherings, etc in such a locale. The other scenes are mostly in a military setting .... where people sometimes are semi-clothed/naked in a group (barracks, etc).

It's not just USA in the R1 market, we also have Canada to worry about. I may be not up-to-date, but I think Canada places far more restrictions on some aspects contained in 'manga-industrial-complex' than USA. I'm afraid strike witches DVD will not be spared in Canada.

On (legal) paper I think SW R-1 DVD would do just fine in the US market, but it won't be long until some nutjob sues (insert anime distributor company) for 'zOMFG my 16 y/o son is watchin' a 'toon that shows nekkid childrin takin' a hot bath and he's not spose to see that stuff!?!?!?' even if he's cleared to watch this show. Okay... that was an exaggeration over 9000, but the last thing that this medium need is another bad PR.

Last edited by mg1942; 2008-10-24 at 02:14.
Old 2008-10-24, 01:46   Link #1414
suki-gin
AnimeSuki Lurker

Send a message via AIM to suki-gin Send a message via MSN to suki-gin
The R1 dvd release is indeed a sticky situation.. just how many of you have ordered the Japanese dvds?
suki-gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 10:19   Link #1415
einhorn303

Bah, it'll still get released on R1. Tsukuyomi was just as bad in terms of lolicon fanservice. And no matter what, at least it's not as bad as Princess 69, or Kite, which have been selling quite happily for years now.

Also, we can all agree that Eila x Sanya is pretty much cannon now, yes?
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 11:16   Link #1416
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
For those watching Strike Witches for their "architectural appreciation" ... looks like the DVD series is massively "nipple-rific" -- no more magical towels, dense fog, etc. Just people doing what they normally do in onsens....

NSFW: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/1...ches-unveiled/
...my disdain for Switches has increased. WTF where's the tease?! D:
Old 2008-10-24, 14:05   Link #1417
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Bah, it'll still get released on R1. Tsukuyomi was just as bad in terms of lolicon fanservice. And no matter what, at least it's not as bad as Princess 69, or Kite, which have been selling quite happily for years now.

For successful R1 release you gotta silence the critics
That means pulling one-eight-sevens yo!
Old 2008-10-24, 17:01   Link #1418
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
...my disdain for Switches has increased. WTF where's the tease?! D:
Speaking from an editors point of view, that fog was hardly a tease, it was in fact impairing the quality of the shown by making the faces hard to see.

Though some edits are a bit questionable... why was the Barkhorn waking up scene altered to show more then it did?

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-10-28 at 04:46.
Old 2008-10-24, 17:42   Link #1419
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Speaking from an editors point of view, that fog was hardly a tease, it was in fact impairing the quallityb of the shown by making the faces hard to see.

Though some edits are a bit questionable... why was the Barkhorn waking up scene altered to show more then it did?
It's symbolic of her emotional vulnerability.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 18:04   Link #1420
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Which worked just fine with the sheet where it was.

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume