AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-02, 16:40   Link #161
Chocolate Pocky

Hmm~... I'm dropping in here to say, That K-on is inspiraing me to play drums and guitar. Like, I was always intersted in playing those things before K-on, but this anime is pushing me to actually persue learning them.
Old 2010-09-02, 20:44   Link #162
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Just watched K-on! to get some inspirtation when playing live on stage but ill be playing to the whole school so it kinda looks nerve racking.. crap.. im kinda freaked out yet exited for my school assembly lol im going to apply to perform this year, Im a Junior in High school class 2012 and every year our school has a theme for each class, this year is Classic Bands

Freshmen Class 2014 - Journey
Sophomore Class 2013 - i forgot what there was
Junior Class 2012 - The Beatles
Senior Class 2011 - ACDC

but yeah thats the themes for each class this year, and im pretty happy we got the Beatles as our theme, Here is my playlist what i will be playing hopefully, as for temporary band members ill just have to ask my friends
in this order, of course i'll be playing acoustic guitar and vocals
ill try my abosule best to ask one of my friends to sneak a video camrea and record it lol our school has alot of spirt and stuff and just kinda ify playing infront of everyone and singing..

Spoiler for Here comes the Sun:

Me on Piano
Spoiler for Golden Slumber:

my solo song this one i might be nervous
Spoiler for Yesterday:

final song
Spoiler for Hello GoodBye:
Old 2010-09-02, 21:06   Link #163
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Just watched K-on! to get some inspirtation when playing live on stage but ill be playing to the whole school so it kinda looks nerve racking.. crap.. im kinda freaked out yet exited for my school assembly lol im going to apply to perform this year, Im a Junior in High school class 2012 and every year our school has a theme for each class, this year is Classic Bands

Freshmen Class 2014 - Journey
Sophomore Class 2013 - i forgot what there was
Junior Class 2012 - The Beatles
Senior Class 2011 - ACDC

but yeah thats the themes for each class this year, and im pretty happy we got the Beatles as our theme, Here is my playlist what i will be playing hopefully, as for temporary band members ill just have to ask my friends
in this order, of course i'll be playing acoustic guitar and vocals
ill try my abosule best to ask one of my friends to sneak a video camrea and record it lol our school has alot of spirt and stuff and just kinda ify playing infront of everyone and singing..

Spoiler for Here comes the Sun:

Me on Piano
Spoiler for Golden Slumber:

my solo song this one i might be nervous
Spoiler for Yesterday:

final song
Spoiler for Hello GoodBye:
thats cool my school doesen't have that

Are those the only songs you're gonna play?

I'd also think you should play IMO
Sgt Pepper
Don't let me down
I've got a feeling
while my guitar gently weeps
Old 2010-09-02, 21:28   Link #164
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
thats cool my school doesen't have that

Are those the only songs you're gonna play?

I'd also think you should play IMO
Sgt Pepper
Don't let me down
I've got a feeling
while my guitar gently weeps
I wish, but only have a certain amount of time to perform, and the most is 20mins, i dont even think ill be able to play four songs maybe 3-2 :/ i love all there songs haha, im starting to get into some classics >;D
Old 2010-09-02, 21:32   Link #165
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
I wish, but only have a certain amount of time to perform, and the most is 20mins, i dont even think ill be able to play four songs maybe 3-2 :/
Do a medley
Old 2010-09-02, 21:37   Link #166
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Do a medley
Oooh good IDea! instead of doing the full song i can just cut into the next song interesting ill look into that!
Old 2010-09-11, 12:55   Link #167
Trendz1911

I bought my guitar 4 years ago but I haven't played it until I watched K-On (makes me wonder why I bought it that time). The first song I learned is Fuwa Fuwa Time from watching a tutorial on Youtube. Only then did I realize that playing guitar is so fun, I'm quite fluent at Watshi no Koi wa HotchKiss and Pure Pure Heart but I don't know how to play Fudepen Ballpen yet
Old 2010-09-12, 22:20   Link #168
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I wonder if the chords of those songs are ez enugh...for a beginner. =P

I say No, Thank You to the girly Fuwa Fuwa Time lyrics! XD
Old 2010-09-13, 02:47   Link #169
alucard13mm

a lot of people tell me its lame that i got inspired by a cartoon.. but i tell them, well whats the difference between getting inspired by a cartoon and being inspired by a band or musician??

i do understand where they are going at.. im buying a fender standard p or j bass... all in all its about 1,000 US dollars for bass and amp and accessories. seems silly to down 1k on an inspiration that could well be just a fad or a period.
Old 2010-09-13, 03:04   Link #170
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
a lot of people tell me its lame that i got inspired by a cartoon.. but i tell them, well whats the difference between getting inspired by a cartoon and being inspired by a band or musician??

i do understand where they are going at.. im buying a fender standard p or j bass... all in all its about 1,000 US dollars for bass and amp and accessories. seems silly to down 1k on an inspiration that could well be just a fad or a period.
Playing musical instrumentals is a pretty expensive inspiration, I've been playing interments of the course of my life BUT 2009-2010 is different! K-on!! was like that extra boost of inspiration i needed to keep playing music and totally get involved with it, I spent like (well my mom spent like lol) alittle bit over $3000 on two guitars electric, acoustic. (which i final got my own acoustic. i was borrowing my friends for a while. ) Marshall amp 30fx, Korg AW-2G Clip-On Tuner, gig bags, straps, music stand, guitar stands, sheetmusic, other instrument (uklele harmonica), Microphone. and more. I've spent more money this year then any other year of my life.. I WILL NEVER LOSE THIS INSPIRATION!!
Old 2010-09-16, 07:23   Link #171
white wing
degausser
*Artist

well actually it's quite the opposite for me, i play guitar and that was what made me want to watch k-on the first time, kinda disappointed by the lack of music but i got used to it

it made me want to play keyboard though, but i only had a piano
Old 2010-09-16, 11:56   Link #172
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
I already knew how to play the guitar before. When I saw the a K-On! commercial on TV, I was like... woah!!! An anime based on music? I instantly watched Season 1 every Tuesday and learned all the songs. First one I learned was Cagayake! GIRLS!!
Old 2010-09-19, 16:23   Link #173
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post

I agree. Inspiration is inspiration, no matter what the form. There are some people who got inspired by video game music, Guitar Hero, watching a guy playing on the street. It doesn't matter how you got inspired, it's about how far you're going to take that inspiration!
Old 2010-09-20, 05:01   Link #174
white wing
degausser
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I wonder if the chords of those songs are ez enugh...for a beginner. =P

I say No, Thank You to the girly Fuwa Fuwa Time lyrics! XD
i'd say most of k-on's songs are easy on guitar, excluding the solos for a beginner.
Old 2010-09-27, 16:37   Link #175
pockypham

Send a message via AIM to pockypham
K-ON! is definitely inspiring! I had already been practicing guitar before I started on the series but it really inspires me to never give up on it Especially Yui <3
Old 2010-09-27, 17:02   Link #176
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I recently got my drum set. Thanks K-ON for pushing me to learn it Sooo much fun. I cant stop drumming wherever I go now, even though I suck.
Old 2010-09-27, 23:42   Link #177
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Well, K-on didn't really inspire me into some musical fiend. I was already a musical fiend to begin with.
But, it did inspire me to keep watching it. It was heartwarming to say the least.
Old 2010-12-25, 22:29   Link #178
Frizo
Say what?

This show was basically the entire reason I started playing bass! It was because of Mio, as she is left handed, as I am, we both have black (Okay, mine is like super-de-duper dark brown, close enough, eh?) hair,and she plays bass. I always loved that lower pitch, so K-on gave me a new hobby!
Old 2010-12-25, 23:57   Link #179
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

After I watched K-ON! I bought a guitar, and I love it!
Old 2010-12-28, 20:34   Link #180
Taufiq91

Thanks to K-On, i got myself a Korg Keyboard!

I'm a diehard fan of electronic music, from electronic rock like Devo & New Order to Dance music like Sasha & Digweed along with Drum and Bass like goldie & LTJ Bukem, and K-On pretty much give me new ideas on producing electronic music, especially Tsumugi's sounds