AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 109 Rating
Perfect 10 11 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-01, 16:06   Link #121
Newhope

Chapter near enough comfirms Miria's still alive and looks like Dietrich will join the ghosts after all.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:11   Link #122
Gooral
Banned

@Malak
I was thinking about some kind of barrier also and in a way I might have been dead-on.

Anyway, it looks to me we might have real carnage next month and many ghosts may die. Galatea with Clarice and Miata separating from the ghosts suggests so. It worries me because we would have opened doors for a change of players. Yagi could get rid of all the ghosts and focus on Galatea, Miata and Clarice (which weren't introduced just for lolz I assume). Maybe Dee would survive and somehow contact Raki (or someone other but no more than one) but something tells me that their encounter with MiB won't end well. I just can't see how they could get rid of MiB without Clare's help, I even doubt that Miria could defeat them even without #10s interference. Judging by their poker-faces I'm sure they have sth else up their sleeves.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:16   Link #123
Newhope

I don't think the 6 going to the ORG are in that much danger my guts tell me the most likely scenario is there forced to fight and kill Miria.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:16   Link #124
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Some things I want to get off my mind;

Worthy praise; Yagi has been on a roll lately; an overall solid chapter, just like last one. Nice fight, nice art, answered some questions, a nice "indepth" look at Deneve and Tabitha (; I swear that she got an increase; Deneve's back...it's kind of attractive to be honest, though I don't go as far as Gangsta does )....no complaints whatsoever .

I also like to point out that this had the most number of characters I've seen in a long time in a single chapter, if you count Claire, Raciella and Priscilla; I'm not sure if it breaks any record, but I don't remember seeing so many characters in a single chapter recently.

I feel this chapter, in a subtle kind of way, kind of implied that Dietrich may not be the freckle-girl that Claire met in the west; listening to her story....she failed to bring up the number of Yoma which was due to Riful, not the Organization, not bringing up Jean, Katea and overall, the number of Claymores that past through the town.....overall...I just didn't get the impression that she was the same girl.

No, I don't think the idea of making Dietrich the same girl as the freckle-girl has crossed his mind; I think they are two totally different characters.

Raki was successfully brought to the Organization....slight disappointment; I remember coming up with lots of ideas from time to time about possibly escaping before he got there, or someone rescuing him. I guess it doesn't matter; the Ghosts are heading for Staff now, and it's unlikely that they will be able to do anything to him before they get there.

My question still stands to any who wants to answer; do you think Raciella is still alive, or has Claire become Raciella and vice-versa? It doesn't really make any sense if she is, but alot of people are basically coming up with nicknames like "Claire the Destroyer" and so on, basically saying something like that. If Claire and Priscilla comes out, what's stopping Raciella as well?

I'm not sure I like the idea of Claire suddenly having all of Raciella's powers now; talk about extremely cheap, though not as cheap if she does, and manages to get off scot-free and escape. This was an extremely big decision on her part to let herself get absorbed by Raciella; she should face some consequences for it, and not simply get a super power-boost to face off against her adversary.

Hehe, I laughed at Galatea not being religious at all....it's a big idea in fanfiction that she is the exact opposite; kind of ironic .

Another thing: "Either way, this town was saved by you all, I can overlook some things..."

Roflmao, what's that supposed to mean? Does Galatea think she own Rabona now or is the Boss of the Ghosts?

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-11-01 at 16:28.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:20   Link #125
MalakTawus

Quote:
Anyway, it looks to me we might have real carnage next month and many ghosts may die. Galatea with Clarice and Miata separating from the ghosts suggests so. It worries me because we would have opened doors for a change of players. Yagi could get rid of all the ghosts and focus on Galatea, Miata and Clarice (which weren't introduced just for lolz I assume). Maybe Dee would survive and somehow contact Raki (or someone other but no more than one) but something tells me that their encounter with MiB won't end well. I just can't see how they could get rid of MiB without Clare's help, I even doubt that Miria could defeat them even without #10s interference. Judging by their poker-faces I'm sure they have sth else up their sleeves.
Agree,that's exactly what i fear.The Mibs are too calm....something is not right.......but who knows,maybe it won't be Claire to save the ghosts like i supposed before,maybe it will be Raki,that would be an interesting scenario.

Quote:
I feel this chapter, in a subtle kind of way, kind of implied that Dietrich may not be the freckle-girl that Claire met in the west; listening to her story....she failed to bring up the number of Yoma which was due to Riful, not the Organization, not bringing up Jean, Katea and overall, the number of Claymores that past through the town.....overall...I just didn't get the impression that she was the same girl.
Agree.From what she said it surely doesn't seem to be that girl.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:30   Link #126
Newhope

Quote:
My question still stands to any who wants to answer; do you think Raciella is still alive, or has Claire become Raciella and vice-versa? It doesn't really make any sense if she is, but alot of people are basically coming up with nicknames like "Claire the Destroyer" and so on, basically saying something like that. If Claire and Priscilla comes out, what's stopping Raciella as well?
There's a number of possibilities.

1:Claire comes out the same way she was before.
2:The three people in the blob merge (multi personalities)
3:The three people in the blob merge and become someone new
4:Merge and become a new AB or even something completely new.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:32   Link #127
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
There's a number of possibilities.

1:Claire comes out the same way she was before.
2:The three people in the blob merge (multi personalities)
3:The three people in the blob merge and become someone new
4:Merge and become a new AB or even something completely new.
Ehh, I don't really like any of them, except number 1; I'm not so sure about what will become of Raciella, but I don't think I like Claire or Priscilla going through changes like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak
Agree.From what she said it surely doesn't seem to be that girl.
Ya see? It is possible for us to agree with eachother
Old 2010-11-01, 16:35   Link #128
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Age old manga/anime truth, unless we see the body dead and buried, they aren't dead yet.
A good point. After all by this we can still argue that Irene is alive and well enjoying a vacation somewhere . Miria was pretty close with the mad hacking, but suppose anything is possible.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:38   Link #129
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
A good point. After all by this we can still argue that Irene is alive and well enjoying a vacation somewhere . Miria was pretty close with the mad hacking, but suppose anything is possible.
Their comes a point though where you have to call them dead regardless because bringing them back after a million years is just plain stupid.

Irene is dead, bringing back at this point wouldn't make any sense no matter how much he tries to rationalize and explain it; Renee I have also all but given up hope for.

To be honest, at this point, I've basically given up and am starting to call her dead.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:41   Link #130
seiftis
~defying fate

I'll be praying to Rabona's god together with Galatea, "Please bring back Miria, alive".
Old 2010-11-01, 16:45   Link #131
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Except so called "normal readers" were praising Miria's death, and were convinced her dying was a good thing, while Deneve believes she is still alive, and wants to go rescue her.

@ irvinethearcher;

Can't say that I have, link?
My mistake, the chief researcher dae, not dietrich, had to stop somewhere and was therefore late and excusing himself to the other guy who had carried raki to the org.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:46   Link #132
MalakTawus

Quote:
Ya see? It is possible for us to agree with eachother
Hahahaha! Yes,it's really possible!!!
Joke aside,i remember agreeing with you quite a lot in past chapters,it's just casual that in the last ones we had contrary opinions,it had to happen sooner or later,lol.

Quote:
Irene is dead, bringing back at this point wouldn't make any sense no matter how much he tries to rationalize and explain it;
NOOOOO!!!!I'll NEVER accept Irene's death untill it's confirmed!!!

Time for some speculation:
IMO Isley has implanted some of his own flash to Raki,this way he would be a bit similar to AFs (only a bit!),so like the AFs he is somewhat immune to the rods....this could also explain how he is able to be super-strong and not be able to feel yoki (AFs can't do this either).

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2010-11-01 at 16:56.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:54   Link #133
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope
Chapter near enough comfirms Miria's still alive and looks like Dietrich will join the ghosts after all.
I didn't notice you say this before; how on earth do you think that?

All this chapter has shown is that Deneve doesn't want to give up or any of the others as well; that she has a strong will, alongside saying sometimes some very very stupid things.

How does she get off saying Miria betrayed them? She saved her life more then once for crying out loud. We can analyze and dislike Miria for the reasons for going, but none of us felt that Miria going off on her own is the same as betrayal; stupid, but not betrayal.

Saying something like that doesn't even make any sense, and is worthy of getting a punch in the face.

And yet, after insulting Miria, she still has hope that she wants to save her . Deneve's attitude is just nonsensical sometimes, but she has always been extremely brash like this.

In a way...her taking on an almost-leadership role kind of pushes the whole 'Deneve's group' thing we got last chapter, that Deneve is now the unofficial leader of the group; I don't know why her of all people, I would have voted for Galatea, but she wants to stay behind in Rabona (which I do agree with). Looking at the six remaining Ghosts, none of them really have any leadership qualities and would get my vote; I guess it fell to a measure of strength, and Deneve is among the top.

Dietrich does have some leadership qualities, but she definitely wouldn't be elected; she hasn't even been around them long enough for them to do something like that, or is even really a member yet; she's more "in-transition" and is just tagging along still.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:54   Link #134
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
I'll be praying to Rabona's god together with Galatea, "Please bring back Miria, alive".
You don't even know what god that is.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:55   Link #135
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
You don't even know what god that is.
He just wants to be with Galatea, shhh.
Old 2010-11-01, 17:00   Link #136
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Would Rabona's god be the Twin Goddess'? ...
Old 2010-11-01, 17:01   Link #137
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
He just wants to be with Galatea, shhh.
Too bad for me the ones I want to be with are trapped in a blob. (though I'll give shieky Priscilla... she'll eat him right up)

Seems 4 hot women plus Priscilla = yoma poop. So logically Priscilla's so ugly (a negative number) as to top Teresa, Luciela, Raphaela, and Clare's beauty.
Old 2010-11-01, 17:08   Link #138
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Dae-sama is bringing the awesome back to this manga.

I did not see Clare and Priscilla turning into the Blob. So, what does that mean? That not even the Destroyer was powerful enough to kill Priscilla so Clare sealed her away?

Spoiler for Deneve:

Deneve, how long has it been since I said that I love you? You are so hot and that was so badass.

Quote:
Would Rabona's god be the Twin Goddess'?
No, it's a nameless deity.
Old 2010-11-01, 17:09   Link #139
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Too bad for me the ones I want to be with are trapped in a blob. (though I'll give shieky Priscilla... she'll eat him right up)

Seems 4 hot women plus Priscilla = yoma poop. So logically Priscilla's so ugly (a negative number) as to top Teresa, Luciela, Raphaela, and Clare's beauty.
I got confused reading your post (4? ) at first .

Isn't Ophelia in there somewhere as well? I think we agreed on that .

Don't bring Math into this; beauty is never educational

And besides, Prissy's easily hotter then all of them combined

Quote:
Deneve, how long has it been since I said that I love you? You are so hot and that was so badass.
I know; call me crazy, but her back is actually attractive

And let's not forget that better side-shot of her . Either we've never gotten close-ups of her, or she's actually grown as well
Old 2010-11-01, 17:13   Link #140
Newhope

Quote:
I didn't notice you say this before; how on earth do you think that?
Because it's typical Shonen writing they'll go to save her where they'll either have to kill her which will lead to a new leader or sacrifice somebody to save her(probably Tabitha)which with sake Miria which will lead her to leading properly which will lead to a proper war against the ORG, as I said before chapter 107 had haha fool you written all over it.
Closed Thread