AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-24, 11:39   Link #1221
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I can't log on, it claims that I don't have a D3 license.

Why does this happen everytime I want to game?
Beta is over, dude. Time to join the month-long wait for the game.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 11:47   Link #1222
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Beta is over, dude. Time to join the month-long wait for the game.
What? I only played for 1 day! I spent the whole Saturday waiting to log on, and I am rewarded with this sht?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 11:51   Link #1223
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Yeah and they had a few hours maintenance at some point too D: <

Anyways, not going to order this game. I'll wait till a week after release for some reviews before considering.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 12:02   Link #1224
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
What? I only played for 1 day! I spent the whole Saturday waiting to log on, and I am rewarded with this sht?
^-- Beta Stress Test success! Having pre-purchased prior to even trying the game, it's just an extra bonus for me. Atleast i know what class I ll be playing from the start.
Old 2012-04-24, 12:06   Link #1225
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they announced the open beta is for stress test only, and open for 3 days.
Old 2012-04-24, 12:14   Link #1226
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Do you guys get a lot of out-of-sync-ness and lag when playing? Sometimes I'd punch and nothing happens. I can move around but I can't interact with anything. And there's also rubber banding once in a while.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 12:21   Link #1227
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Do you guys get a lot of out-of-sync-ness and lag when playing? Sometimes I'd punch and nothing happens. I can move around but I can't interact with anything. And there's also rubber banding once in a while.
During the first 2 days, quite often. The last day was pretty smooth considering i m connecting to US server from the middle east.
Old 2012-04-24, 12:26   Link #1228
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Very seldom, which is admirable considering I am literally on the other end of the globe. Open Beta period aside, it has been very smooth.

Cheers.
Old 2012-04-24, 13:46   Link #1229
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Honestly, having to jump around and stuff just made me more bored of the DH. I felt weak because I had to do all this set-up just to do the most banal and boring of normal attacks. It's like, you really have to go through all that trouble just to shoot arrows at these guys?
Are you using basic attacks instead of all the hatred generators you have available, like bola shot?
Old 2012-04-24, 14:36   Link #1230
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The funny thing is that I didn't even know about elective mode until I checked things out here . Now that will make customization pretty interesting. One of the times I'm glad to be in the closed beta so I can still try those things out.
Old 2012-04-24, 16:40   Link #1231
com_gwp

Quote:
Only once, when I couldn't interact with anything. I had thought it was a bug. Otherwise most of my runs were pretty smooth, considering I was connecting from europe. It was pretty cool to be playing on american servers relatively lag-free.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 20:34   Link #1232
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The funny thing is that I didn't even know about elective mode until I checked things out here . Now that will make customization pretty interesting. One of the times I'm glad to be in the closed beta so I can still try those things out.
Yeah, taking a look at the options menu helps.

I dunno, I always open up options on any game I play so I can optimize whatnot so I knew there were advanced tooltips and elective mode right off the bat (also turned on damage numbers for normal attacks and etc).
Old 2012-04-24, 20:49   Link #1233
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Are you using basic attacks instead of all the hatred generators you have available, like bola shot?
I never got bola shot because I only got to level 9. I was primarily using the piercing arrow whatever thing. The one that bounces around a lot for no reason. It felt very weak and unsatisfying. Of course the snaring shot was even weaker.

It's pretty much impossible to use normal attacks in this game unless you go out of your way to. There's no reason to either.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 20:49   Link #1234
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, I know about elective mode when they changed the UI, and advance tooltip because I'm a Dota/LoL player . It's kinda bugging me when I don't know the number on my skills.
Old 2012-04-24, 21:00   Link #1235
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Someone mind explaining to me what "Elective Mode" is?
Old 2012-04-24, 21:11   Link #1236
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's an option that allows you to assign whatever skill you have to whichever hotkey that's available for you, instead of each hotkey for 1 skill category, and "if I want 2 from the same category, I have to give up on 1".
Old 2012-04-25, 03:32   Link #1237
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Someone mind explaining to me what "Elective Mode" is?
Elective Mode is an option where you can assign any ability to any of the skill hotkey you wish.

Normally, Signature attacks can only be assigned on Mouse 1, Secondary skills on Mouse 2, Defensive Active on num key 1, Offensive Active on num key 2 etc...

With Elective Mode, you can assign any skill regardless of type to any skill button. So you now, say have all your defensive skills on your number hotkeys, instead of having to swap out between defensive skills. It really improves upon the customization of your abilities, and compensates for having penalties when switching assigned abilities.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 13:01   Link #1238
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
D1 and D2 definitely more terrifying than D3. It's the fogginess. They should have kept the absolute blackness and bold gorey details.
Yeah I thought about it some more and I defiently think its the fogginess.

After playing the beta defiently will be playing a witch doctor me thinks, lots of fun.
Old 2012-04-25, 15:37   Link #1239
Kunagisa

I'm going be playing a melee wizard partner up mostly with a DH.

I can pretty much finish the build before I get out of normal (around level 30), and I won't be using shield because the bonus armor wouldn't be that useful and is just mostly focus on keeping the entire map snared for melee and sticking a Slow Time for all the range attacks. Critical Mass is just to reduce the cooldown on Time Warp.

For boss fights, I will be probably using something like this, which I can still finish the build relatively early, and probably will put on a shield.

What do you guys think? My usual play style is not big numbers and is more focused on control, and the more annoying I can be the more fun I think the builds are.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 16:06   Link #1240
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Yeah I thought about it some more and I defiently think its the fogginess.
Well we were all much younger back then. I remember watching someone play diablo 1 back when it first came out and it looked TERRIFYING. And I wasn't even the person playing it. Fast forward to the second diablo and out was a blast to play but not scary in particular. Scariest part in that game was duriel, and for none of the usual reasons why someone might get scared of something. And now games can give me some of the creeps but terrify, not really. Scariest game I've played in recent memory would be the first dead space. Its like the first Alien movie in many ways.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler