AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-07, 09:31   Link #11301
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
Zen is main support character for Medaka.
It's Medaka Box. Keyword: Medaka. Not Zenkichi Box or Kumagawa Box ... or etc.
Without Zen this manga in general would not make sense.
You got it backward. Without Zenkichi, the manga will be above average. With Kumagawa as male lead, this manga will be epic and can easily get ranked in top 5 every week.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 09:50   Link #11302
Westlo
Lets be reality

lol @ the if Zen wasn't around nothing would make sense, like they would keep the exact same plot or something lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Oh, and I see there's still someone who still says Zen almost made the manga get canned. About this I only have one answer: HA-HA-HA-HA!!! Seriously, stop with this already, it's ridiculous to say the least.
The manga dropped off in popularity after Zen took a more prominent role, as the AS Zen fanboys where raising their pompoms in glee, Medakas TOC rankings were plummeting and manga sales where stagnant. None of this is opinion, it's a fact, if you disagree show me how the TOC ratings improved! Show me how the manga sales increased? But you can't because they didn't. You didn't notice the amount of votes in the popularity polls? 1st one was 4807, 2nd taken @ the around the peak of Medaka Box was 14154 and the latest one slipped down to 11553.

The anime is a flop, manga sales stuck, TOC ranking one of the worst, popularity poll numbers down, it's only a matter of time before this and Kurogane are kicked to the curb. If we're lucky we get enough time for Nisio to give us a good conclusion... if not well maybe some Jump NEXT specials like Mago got... If you were Jump why would you keep either series and miss out on potentially the next Assassination Classroom? (Biggest new Jump hit since Death Note hands down) Bigger series have been cut for less...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 09:56   Link #11303
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
lol @ the if Zen wasn't around nothing would make sense, like they would keep the exact same plot or something lol.

The manga dropped off in popularity after Zen took a more prominent role, as the AS Zen fanboys where raising their pompoms in glee, Medakas TOC rankings were plummeting and manga sales where stagnant. None of this is opinion, it's a fact, if you disagree show me how the TOC ratings improved! Show me how the manga sales increased? But you can't because they didn't. You didn't notice the amount of votes in the popularity polls? 1st one was 4807, 2nd taken @ the around the peak of Medaka Box was 14154 and the latest one slipped down to 11553.

The anime is a flop, manga sales stuck, TOC ranking one of the worst, popularity poll numbers down, it's only a matter of time before this and Kurogane are kicked to the curb. If we're lucky we get enough time for Nisio to give us a good conclusion... if not well maybe some Jump NEXT specials like Mago got... If you were Jump why would you keep either series and miss out on potentially the next Assassination Classroom? (Biggest new Jump hit since Death Note hands down) Bigger series have been cut for less...
Hasn't that been the story for about a year now? Personally I think the story is coming to an end anyways, most of the hanging plot points are being tackled and they're already reaching the spectrum of powerful enemies to face. I say, the only probable thing that they have left is the base on the moon, and other than that I do think it should reach a conclusion in one or two years.

But I do think your argument is a little silly, just because they have another hit on their hands, it doesn't mean they're going to jump the gun on certain series just to get new ones in.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 09:59   Link #11304
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Everyone's entitled to their opinions about each character but I see no point in bashing the character you don't like nearly every post you make. We get it, you like Kumagawa and not Zen...but there are others that may feel differently.
Praising a character you like is fine even if it is every post you make, nobody's gonna be offended or annoyed when you say good things about a character you like. But on the other hand constantly bashing on a character you don't like and others might just becomes incredibly irritating and annoying.

I hate Uchiha Sasuke from Naruto...I have what people might call an irrational hatred for that character and I have been known to bash the character once or twice in the Naruto threads but those are rare cases and far inbetween...usually only when the character does something just too outrageous or annoying but more often than not I just let it go and talk about the rest of the chapters/plots.

Some of you seem to have a personal vendetta on displaying just how bad or useless of a character Zenkichi is...we get it already, you don't like him and believe him to be an unnecessary and/or boring element to the plot...but then people are just going to fight you over it and an useless discussion will break out that will lead nowhere as they always end the same way, each party retaining the same opinion they had at the start.

I'm not asking people to stop bashing Zenkichi or any other character and I'm not trying to "convert" anyone...all I'm asking is for people to tone it down a bit. It's just basic manners toward your fellow members, you're doing something unnecessary and annoy to other people and it wouldn't kill you to hold back on it for a while.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 10:16   Link #11305
ShiroiRyu

Shiranui fighting ?!
Oh man, i wanted that so much !
Old 2012-12-07, 10:29   Link #11306
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Shiranui fighting ?!
Oh man, i wanted that so much !
Actually I'm pretty curious about what her Real Eater really does. We know she can somehow swap other people's powers or something along those lines but aside from that there isn't much to go on.

Then again she WAS Medaka's shadow so...Medaka's skill is to copy other skills so maybe she can steal other people's skills (and give them away as she wishes) which could mean she has a lot of skills at her disposal.
Old 2012-12-07, 11:13   Link #11307
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

JESUS CHRIST THIS CHAPTER WHAT
JUST OUT OF NOWHERE
WHAT THE HELL
Also, uh, "I forgot to return you evil for good?" What?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 11:15   Link #11308
Last Carpet

Zen is gone....and as much as I like him.......I'm glad he's gone.

Hear me out

I think Misogi once said that he can't undo something that he's undone with All Fiction. So if there's any chance of Zen's return, something tells me he won't be the same. this could just be another test to Medaka.

Imagine a Zen who isn't obsessed with her
A normal Zen who's life doesn't revolve around her.

Of course, should this happen Medaka would probably find some way to put herself into his life.

Maybe I'm just over thinking this, but one things for sure.

Medaka is gonna kick Misogi's ass when she finds out
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 11:17   Link #11309
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
JUST OUT OF NOWHERE
WHAT THE HELL
No good deed goes unpunished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
I think Misogi once said that he can't undo something that he's undone with All Fiction. So if there's any chance of Zen's return, something tells me he won't be the same. this could just be another test to Medaka.
He can't undo it with All Fiction, but who knows what April Fiction does? Or he could even be relying on someone else to undo it. Perhaps a style that we've seen can undo unhealable injuries...? I mean, Kumagawa would never admit to actually forming a plan, but that's the kind of thing I can see happening. I kind of hope Zen stays dead though, just for the drama.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 11:24   Link #11310
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:

Hear me out

Of course, should this happen Medaka would probably find some way to put herself into his life.

Actually...I'm betting this new April Fiction (the April part most likely coming from April Fools) ramps up Kumagawa's troll levels to the 11th power and allows him to make things disappear from existence temporarily so he can either make it so something never existed or just delete that existence for a period of time. Like putting a file in the trash bin, you can recover it later if you want or just delete it permanently.

This is all, of course, speculation.
Old 2012-12-07, 11:25   Link #11311
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Except All Fiction very likely isn't the same after what happened to Kumagawa with the Hundred Gauntlets, not to mention April Fiction is very likely something similar but completely different.
Old 2012-12-07, 11:32   Link #11312
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Also, "I hate lies" coming from a compulsive liar whose primary skill has a reading that essentially means something like "Lying Devil" is pretty ironic, I gotta say.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 11:51   Link #11313
kenjtr

Quote:

Hear me out

I actually liked that idea since in zenkichis life medakas influence is so strong and medaka didnt actually do something to earn zenkichis love while zenkichi one sided suffered alone . I want medaka to do something worth if she wants zenkichis love also i really want to see how would zenkichis life be without medaka .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 12:40   Link #11314
lolzorz

Am I slow, or did anybody notice that the kanij on Kakegae's tongue actually changed? Previously the kanji was 喩, or metaphor, but it changed to 嘘 (lie or falsehood) when she was taunting Medaka.
lolzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 12:43   Link #11315
chidorimen

First off loved the chapter.

Second what is it about medaka box that compels its readers to get into conversations that border on philosophical?
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 12:45   Link #11316
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidorimen View Post
Second what is it about medaka box that compels its readers to get into conversations that border on philosophical?
The fact that the characters do?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 12:46   Link #11317
Thth
???

'I'm just Number Zero' - Kakegae. She's going to be off-paneled......
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 13:03   Link #11318
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
JUST OUT OF NOWHERE
WHAT THE HELL
It's actually a real line
"If a man pays back evil for good, evil will never leave his house."
Old 2012-12-07, 13:30   Link #11319
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

There's even an small chance that Zenkichi would reappear using some skill given by Ashin'in (I wouldn't be surprized). Or Kumagawa would be lying about not being able to undo...
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 13:46   Link #11320
Wolfenstein

Oh, God, YES! I so want another introspective dream-sequence from Zen. Those are some of the best parts of this manga.

And I love Shiranui so much, man! Finally this shit is ramping up and things are getting interesting!

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council