AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-29, 22:04   Link #5341
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
Third chapter of A Certain Collection of Events is up (fourth, if you count the introduction). I need more time for this...
Excellent comedy material as usual.

And am I the only one who gets the feeling that Yoshikawa is serious about lab coats like the Delta Trio is serious about fetishes?
Old 2013-09-29, 22:12   Link #5342
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Excellent comedy material as usual.

And am I the only one who gets the feeling that Yoshikawa is serious about lab coats like the Delta Trio is serious about fetishes?
Yoshikawa is mad scien-tist. It so coooool~, sonofabitch!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'd say no, your not alone. Kinda have that vibe about her.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 22:20   Link #5343
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Yoshikawa is mad scien-tist. It so coooool~, sonofabitch!
This. I should have referenced this. I can just see Yoshikawa and Heaven Canceller doing the back to back pose in their lab coats. What a wasted opportunity XD

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 22:25   Link #5344
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
This. I should have referenced this. I can just see Yoshikawa and Heaven Canceller doing the back to back pose in their lab coats. What a wasted opportunity XD
You can still put it in a future chapter! So don't worry about it. Just write what feels natural.
Old 2013-09-30, 06:02   Link #5345
demino_hellsin
That one guy

“Phew”

Splash...

The bathroom is quiet, and its filled with steam. The cold autumn air quickly condenses the hot water of the bath. Vento enjoys the peace, but can't help frowning at how she knows why the steam exists. She hated science. The silence is golden to her, again it is routine. The boy knows well not to make a peep after angering her so. She made sure that was drilled into his head after throwing him out with a few hits for good measure. She dips into the bath, her hair a wet mess as they dangle in scraggly strands. She is a woman of piety, not a holy woman, but one devoted to her doctrines still. And yet she has lost her modesty too many times to count. She tells herself that it's that accursed right arm that undoes divine blessings from on high. In the end, she still blames the boy himself.

On a whim, Vento of the Front cups her breasts. She feels around her narrow waist and the flat stomach and eventually to the whole of her short wiry frame. Her hands reach her face and she can't help but give a bitter smile. Was she beautiful? She never asked that question, she never wondered. In all her years on this green earth, she has never thought to question such a topic. Maybe she was too thin, maybe her face was too gaunt. The piercings already broke away at her face's natural gentleness and removing them would just explose empty holes in her flesh. She doesn't know why she asks. She doesn't know why she cares. But still she wonders, still she cries. She cries for all the things she gave up on. She cries for the things she never cared for but suddenly wondered about. She cries because she had not really thought about the kind of woman she wanted to be, over the kind of revenge she wanted to inflict.

This isn't routine.

Vento can't stay in the bath forever, so she dips into the bath to wash her tears. She soaps up and washes herself clean in both mind and body. After rinsing and drying, she confronts her clothes. There really isn'yt much to confront when it comes to clothes. Normally one would just wear them and be done with it, and so would Vento. This was different. She remembers something about her clothes, she remembers where they've been from. Particularly one specific article.

“Th-That idiot.”, the woman grinds out as she glares at her panties. A certain spot quite clearly wet. It was a sacred spot and it was the worst place to be. She would like to assume that the wet spot is water splashed on it. She wants to but her mind flashes back to her clothes sprawled over a terrified boy, this particularly lacey number practically stuffed in his mouth. This one spot basically being kissed by his lips and clenched between his teeth. The thought sends a shiver down her spine.

Vento doesn't want to wear it, but she has to. There was no other choice, in both literal and figurative sense. Because Vento of the Front, only had three changes of underwear available to her. In the past month, she had only been able to obtain a meager wardrobe from the chicken scratch in Kamijou Touma's wallet. Forget shopping, the boy had to pay for the food of the ultimate freeloader's stomach, the Index Librorum Prohibitorum. It was miraculous he could afford the mid to high fashion marketed clothes Vento personally picked out without having them eat nothing but rice and tea for the past month.

Bottomline: It was wear this or go commando.

Mortifying did not begin to describe her situation. Vento earnestly wished that her current circumstances were different.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 06:50   Link #5346
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Would anybody mind telling me if I'm getting Misaki right in this:

Spoiler for Toums' Busy Day 9:

Normally I'm pretty confident that I get her right, but I'm not so sure here. Any opinions?
Agh, I came in too late, I wanted to tell Ilidsor that I somewhat has a problem with this snip, but seems like he will update it today. Oh well, let's do it anyway.

Besides the thing with Touma touching Sandra's arm to dispell the mental control (shouldn't he touch her head? Makes more sense to me), I wanted to adress something that also bothered me in the chapter Misaki first appeared: why is Touma not interfering? I'm pretty sure he doesn't approve of someone being controlled against their will, or someone abusing their powers, and in the 2 instances Misaki did so, Touma either stand idly by, or give her the equivalent of a inconsequential slap on the wrist (''no, you shouldn't do that''), but nothing really convincing. That...doesn't match his personnality, you would expect him to hold Misaki thus preventing her from doing this with a power, not just say a weak ''no'' and letting her do as she pleases anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Might I ask why you don't like it?
Why I don't like it? Simple, pretty much chapter 2:
Quote:
After all, Touma had achieved something that no human could ever dream of achieving.

The One Above God.

It did not come easy, but he succeeded.

However, he no longer possessed such an incredible power anymore. A single, decisive strike by a Magic God using a legendary weapon had stripped away his power. It was his misfortune that the Magic God actually landed the strike on him.

I failed to change anything.

His purpose was to create a miracle that will change the world for the better, as well as for his own personal purposes. But it seems as though people are particularly resistant to change, so everybody turned against him.
Even if I wanted to be the hero I was in the past, I no longer have the power to do so.

Touma felt naked and lonely. His powers and that Invisible Thing inside his right hand was no longer there. Although his right hand still had his regenerative properties, it no longer had a meaning if there was nothing to seal.

He had lost 98% of his original power. The only power he still had was the right hand who could negate any supernatural phenomenon.
Random past overpowering which has no purpose in advancing the plot, at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
snip
Nice, as usual
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 07:39   Link #5347
Draco Spirit

Hi guys!

Got a few fanfic idea in my head, wonder what other people think of there potential and possible opportunities/ problems that could arise?

1) A Certain Academy City Online World

A light hearted parody fanfic based around the Railgun girls becoming stuck inside a game full of fantasy and sci-fi clichés, mostly leaning on Final Fantasy and SAO, but with others filling out the jokes.

2) Railgun Reloaded

After a unpleasant event, Mikoto wakes up to find the world she once knew, is all but gone, with only the MISAKA Network remaining. Future based and pretty grim with a strong focus on grief, spiritual themes and family ties, as well as playing around with the basic idea that the MISAKA Network is basically immortal as long as new Sisters are created now and again.. and the logical consequences of that.

3) Telling Mum

A Mikoto/Kuroko romance fanfic that focuses less on the kissing and more on Mikoto coming to terms with the fact she has a girlfriend. Humor mixed with a bit of seriousness.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 08:00   Link #5348
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@allfictions: thanks. I'll be posting up Vento's chapter after finishing the last scene. Hope you'll like it.
Old 2013-09-30, 08:21   Link #5349
Draco Spirit

Oh and one more that bouncing around my head...

4) The Last Days of Academy City

A action/mystery themed story with a side dish of Accelerator/Saten romance (because why not? ) as a era comes to a end and Crowley's plans come to fruit. Would likely include character death.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 08:22   Link #5350
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Agh, I came in too late, I wanted to tell Ilidsor that I somewhat has a problem with this snip, but seems like he will update it today. Oh well, let's do it anyway.

Besides the thing with Touma touching Sandra's arm to dispell the mental control (shouldn't he touch her head? Makes more sense to me), I wanted to adress something that also bothered me in the chapter Misaki first appeared: why is Touma not interfering? I'm pretty sure he doesn't approve of someone being controlled against their will, or someone abusing their powers, and in the 2 instances Misaki did so, Touma either stand idly by, or give her the equivalent of a inconsequential slap on the wrist (''no, you shouldn't do that''), but nothing really convincing. That...doesn't match his personnality, you would expect him to hold Misaki thus preventing her from doing this with a power, not just say a weak ''no'' and letting her do as she pleases anyway.
Thanks for the input. The touching her face instead of her arm thing should be easy to change. As for the other thing, Touma's not interfering for two reasons. First of all is that he really doesn't want to get involved as soon as he heard Misaki say she was going to strip Sarah. That was a major red flag for him and he wants to get the hell away. The other is that I don't think he's as against mind control as you say he is, he seemed fine with talking to that mind controlled girl Misaki was using in NT7. Basically I think he's fine with it as long as he's knows it's not permanent and that Misaki is just joking around. For those other two girls who attacked Misaki, Misaki was breaking into their heads often enough that they were willing to attack her over it. For Sarah, Misaki is making her do some embarrassing things this once and then tomorrow (he assumes) Sarah will be out of the city and back home.

Also the new chapter won't be comin out today since I've got some stuff to deal with first.

And also also I vote for number 1 Draco Spirit
Old 2013-09-30, 08:31   Link #5351
Kira477
おれ最強だぜ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Hi guys!

Got a few fanfic idea in my head, wonder what other people think of there potential and possible opportunities/ problems that could arise?

1) A Certain Academy City Online World

A light hearted parody fanfic based around the Railgun girls becoming stuck inside a game full of fantasy and sci-fi clichés, mostly leaning on Final Fantasy and SAO, but with others filling out the jokes.

2) Railgun Reloaded

After a unpleasant event, Mikoto wakes up to find the world she once knew, is all but gone, with only the MISAKA Network remaining. Future based and pretty grim with a strong focus on grief, spiritual themes and family ties, as well as playing around with the basic idea that the MISAKA Network is basically immortal as long as new Sisters are created now and again.. and the logical consequences of that.

3) Telling Mum

A Mikoto/Kuroko romance fanfic that focuses less on the kissing and more on Mikoto coming to terms with the fact she has a girlfriend. Humor mixed with a bit of seriousness.
1) Would be the most fun idea in my opinion. Instead of being stuck, you can say that Academy City has a VR system and those girls are playing games in that system if you want. Have you watched Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Season 1 Episode 2? Yeah something like that.

2) I would suggest you write it if you have a decent plot already in mind, because I get the impression that things may get really complicated.

3)For the serious part, you could partially explore the topic on bisexual psychology regarding Mikoto. Like, does she like Touma more or Kuroko more etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post

Random past overpowering which has no purpose in advancing the plot, at all.
It's there for character establishment. Basically I'm setting the groundwork for Touma as a character and potential plot progression, which is why I wrote this part at Chapter 2. And, while it may seem to have no purpose in advancing the plot, it'll explain a lot of important things later on in this fic, so I have to write that out as early as possible to prevent any Deus Ex Machina.

Anyway, thanks for feedback. You made me re-think quite a lot of things that I should revise. Especially in Chapter 3 I suppose, but it ended up being nothing related to do with what you pointed out strangely.
Kira477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 16:41   Link #5352
Shockz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Hi there Shockz Compared to SB a lot of us here might be a bit more lenient and/or have differing opinions about what particularly is a bad thing for Raildex, so hopefully you won't be too put off by sticking around here and reading some of our comments
Not at all; I try to be cognizant of the fact that what I like isn't what everyone else likes; and inversely, the stuff that makes my eyes twitch and my blood pressure rise a bit is probably totally fine in many people's books. And I'm actually quite enjoying the NT books; NT3 is probably my favorite in the series so far (narrowly edging out 12) and I'm about 20-30 pages into NT4. Between NT and Railgun (both the manga and the anime-original stuff), a lot of the issues I had with the earlier parts of the series are at least partially resolved. (On the other hand, I now have to figure out how to top the finale of Railgun S while keeping things within the parameters I've set for the story. I have a few ideas there, though...)

As far as my story goes, the only criticism I've found to be especially unfair is that I'm making it excessively dark, or that I'm sucking all the fun out of it. I won't deny that I'm writing something dark, but let's not forget that canon gets pretty damn dark, too! The Sisters arc involved 10,000 teenage girls being brutally murdered as a plot point, after all. And I've tried to keep things lighthearted whenever the shit's not actively hitting the fan.

On that note, Chapter 10 (or 11, depending on whether you count the interlude) of In Memoriam is now up! Enjoy!
Shockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 01:34   Link #5353
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What would Saten-san's persona be?
Old 2013-10-01, 14:10   Link #5354
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkMacintosh View Post
Thanks for liking the snippet guys, but...I won't be writing any more of that. That was all that came to me.

Once I got the basic idea down and the snippet written up, I figured I could take a crack at it and get it out.

If anybody wants to continue the snippet, then be my guest. I have no problem with it what-so-ever.
Oh i have one.

Spoiler for length:

I would like to thank all the ToAru fanfic writers for giving me this weird idea.
Old 2013-10-01, 15:06   Link #5355
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quick question for curiosity's sake. Do the novels implicitly state that Accelerator is of Japanese descent?
Old 2013-10-01, 15:10   Link #5356
TkMacintosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Oh i have one.

Spoiler for length:

I would like to thank all the ToAru fanfic writers for giving me this weird idea.
....What have I done? What have I wrought?

The answer is...something AWESOME. Though I do have to suspect that English isn't your first language >.>;

Eitherway, I liked it :3
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 15:13   Link #5357
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Quick question for curiosity's sake. Do the novels implicitly state that Accelerator is of Japanese descent?
Not that I remember.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 15:28   Link #5358
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

It's been mentioned that his real name contains Kanji, though that could be for a non-Japanese name too.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 15:33   Link #5359
Gray Servant

It's been implied he's Japanese I believe, but it never actually affects anything in-series anyways, so making him non-Japanese isn't really a problem for the purpose of a fic.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 17:41   Link #5360
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Holy shit, if I get this fight right, it's going to be amazing. I hope I can get this next chapter out by Sunday.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction