AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 07:57   Link #561
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2012k1993 View Post
~snip
ayt, reminds me of a line in the movie Tin Cup : When a defining moment comes along, you can do one of two things. Define the moment, or let the moment define you.

he could have left sakurasou, and remained forever normal but underachieving, not to mention apart from Mashiro. Good thing he chose to stay and find a niche for himself in the midst of all that talent, difficult& painful though it might be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
hmm... somehow I think the bond between Shiina and Sorata are going too deep..
I don't know how can anyone of them develop such feelings in just 4 episodes...
is it love at first sight?

well, although it's little fast, I love the latest episodes... especially the revelation about how Shiina and Sorata exchanging their role in Shiina's manga

let's see how Aoyama will settle in Sakurasou
had that feeling from episode 1, especially when Sorata was given an Old picture yet he immediately recognized Mashiro, He himself commented something " like somehow I knew her all along.." or something to that effect. made me think they have met before.... or are they soulmates?
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 09:02   Link #562
Wezlao

Quote:
it will be a an amazing love triangle and I'm sure Aoyama will make the relationship between Sorata and Shiina more colorful
YES butbutbut oh that poor girl...
Old 2012-10-30, 09:21   Link #563
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezlao View Post
YES butbutbut oh that poor girl...
Aoyama = suffering but really give it a chance though I'm sure its a Mashiro ending >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post

had that feeling from episode 1, especially when Sorata was given an Old picture yet he immediately recognized Mashiro, He himself commented something " like somehow I knew her all along.." or something to that effect. made me think they have met before.... or are they soulmates?
This begs a question of did they met before? and why would Mashiro take manga over her painting which is world acclaimed. What is her purpose for going to japan? drawing manga only? its just that even though the mind of a genius is kinda wacky at some point because they are fast to decide on what they want to do and will focus on doing it. Her decision on going to japan is just illogical to me unless there's more to it than that.
Old 2012-10-30, 09:26   Link #564
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Her decision on going to japan is just illogical to me unless there's more to it than that.
You mean it's illogical to want go to Japan, the birthplace of Manga, to learn about drawing Manga 0_0 ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 09:59   Link #565
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

"If you touch her, you wont be seeing the Milky Way, you'll be crossing the Styx" said Jin to the 10 year old child That true love and protection right there, aha

Aww, poor Shiina, and poor Sorata too, they just can't catch a break with the negative things going around At least it had a nice ending to this episode
Old 2012-10-30, 12:03   Link #566
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You mean it's illogical to want go to Japan, the birthplace of Manga, to learn about drawing Manga 0_0 ?
its illogical to just pick manga out of nowhere if you're a world acclaimed artist.

Plus what did Mashiro answer to Sorata when he ask what's she been doing all all her life.

painting

painting

painting

she's been doing that for the majority of her life so why change now all of a sudden unless their is meaning to it or a reason.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:10   Link #567
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I talked about the episode director earlier, but forgot to mention that this episode (like 1 and 2) was written by Okada Mari. There's a reason studios keep hiring her. Even if many people here do have problems with her original stories. She's the lead writer on this project, and would have worked out how the adaptation was made, in consultation with the director and the producers, and then hired and directed people to write all the episodes she didn't write herself. I'm always willing to see good in her because she wrote a lot of episodes of my favorite anime, Simoun.

One reason Mashiro might have come back to Japan is that she is Japanese. Her hair may look blonde, but her name is entirely Japanese. And it's reasonable for a teenager to love manga, especially if she knows she can draw well enough to make them. I can also imagine her feeling alienated from all that praise overseas, and wanting a career of her own, not one forced on her by those around her -- even if she does love to paint.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:22   Link #568
garbage

^ or she might have just gotten bored with painting ,it's just too easy for her no more challenge. one mark of a genius is boredom they say. well everything you said is quite possible, logical too.

Still i feel there is something else, it's just too "normal?or "contrived?" can't really explain it.It's not just Sorata's statement from their first meeting, but also how Mashiro reacts to Sorata's action and words, from the very moment they met. She doesn't act that way with any other person there. It's like when someone tells her something she thinks ok that might be useful information , with a deadpan face. but when Sorata say it, you can almost feel her internalizing it, like when eating baumkauchen without paying. That has been proven with the manga story i think, and the Tanabata wish. Certainly she would listen much to what other people would say, but it always ends up relating to Sorata, like " Misaki said you'd like it if i don't wear undies" (something like that IIRC), or trying out the editors recommendation, always with Sorata.
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:29   Link #569
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
"If you touch her, you wont be seeing the Milky Way, you'll be crossing the Styx" said Jin to the 10 year old child That true love and protection right there, aha
I certainly ain't hearing that from someone who's... a gigolo.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:33   Link #570
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 4 was so good.... It's almost perfect in every front. I haven't heard such good voice-acting performance from a J.C. Staff show since Asatte no Houko which combines with everything (music, background detail, tone) to create a wonderful atmosphere. I wouldn't have minded if this show ended here and now. Very satisfied!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:35   Link #571
KLGChaos
The Shermain

This has been my favorite series this year. The drama was handled fairly well, imo. A bit corny, but nothing distracting. I thought the ending to the episode was great. The only part that bothered me was the needless shouting him wanting to stay at Saukrasou. That felt a bit over the top. Otherwise, an awesome episode.
Old 2012-10-30, 15:03   Link #572
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The first half i thought was very well done, showcasing the two contradicting sides of Sorata and his all too human hypocrisy. The second half was kinda corny, though i guess that's to be expected when his realising he wanted to stay was a foregone conclusion.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 16:45   Link #573
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

See JC Staff isn't shit ALL the time.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 17:33   Link #574
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
There's a long history of shows they've produced that have been both popular and well-liked on a critical level. But they're like a factory -- if someone pays them, they'll do the work, and the way it turns out depends a lot on the staff involved (some of whom aren't even employed by J.C. Staff). All in all, people shouldn't jump to rash conclusions.
Old 2012-10-30, 18:47   Link #575
Salt
the cynic

I found Mashiro incredibly sweet this episode for some reason.

Feel bad for Aoyama-chan though. I always had a soft spot for her.

Part me of kind of wish animes these days will take it easy with the love triangles. Every darn show seem to have one and someone will inevitable end up on the losing side.
Would be nice to see a straight forward romance show again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
LOL. I'm pleasantly surprised too. Half the time their animation is bloody horrible.
Old 2012-10-30, 19:12   Link #576
Mentar
Banned

*sigh*

Lots of things to like in ep4, but Sorata is a character I have problems with. Bluntly put, he's an overreacting idiot. So he's got his priorities wrong without realizing it at first - fine. His pseudo-self-loathing scene in the rain was the second time I wanted to punch him. Man up for chrissakes. But in the end, when he was in this ridiculous panicky rush, I only wanted to toss him into the acid pits. So - I'm sorry - unlike others I'm not happy with the writing for this episode. The melodrama was way overdone, less would have been much more. If you want to create a mostly "normal" character, please avoid inconsistent overreactions like this.

So, while I still really enjoy the series, please try for a bit more balanced writing.

Oh, and whoever dumps on J.C.Staff in a general way is clueless about anime. Yes, they can be hit-and-miss, but their hit rate way overshadows their wrecks. If a show I like was to be animated, I'd take J.C.Staff over 75% of the competition.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 19:38   Link #577
Sumeragi
Banned

It is very difficult to be mostly "normal" when in the midst of "abnormally" genius personalities.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 19:42   Link #578
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama

I agree that Sorata's reactions can be exaggerated sometimes, but I think he'll behave differently from now on since he's finally realizing that he belong there in Sakurasou. And that the people there, like Jin said, have tons of skills ,feelings and aren't just a bunch of useless weirdos.
Old 2012-10-30, 19:53   Link #579
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Any guy who names his cats after different Shinkansen trains is OK by me.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 19:54   Link #580
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoiro Nguyen View Post
I agree that Sorata's reactions can be exaggerated sometimes, but I think he'll behave differently from now on since he's finally realizing that he belong there in Sakurasou. And that the people there, like Jin said, have tons of skills ,feelings and aren't just a bunch of useless weirdos.
I doubt it- remember that his exaggeration is not only for drama, but also for his tsukkomi lines as well- You might say it's part of his personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Any guy who names his cats after different Shinkansen trains is OK by me.
Oh is that what it is
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life