AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2009-11-07, 22:10   Link #1521
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
personally i dont think there is any concrete source to say that there will be a new season next year. the only way i see this happen is if the next novel gets released and it is he last one.
Old 2009-11-12, 08:30   Link #1522
Kelldoria

Well at least we can hope....
Kelldoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 09:22   Link #1523
Tabasco

Having the next novel be the last could work, since as of now all the pieces seem to be in place for the finale.

I still say that this year is make or break for a new season. By this time next year it will have been over five years since the last FMP animated content, and I can't imagine that a casual fanbase will still be around at that point, assuming there's actually still one now.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 20:14   Link #1524
LeoXiao
思想工作

if they make a new fmp however, it could start a new fanbase which would then go on to see the previous seasons.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 10:08   Link #1525
Tabasco

Possible, if they really turn out a class act.

The problem I see is that in order to include the remaining material at all, we'd need a full 26 episode season. That's huge financial risk for a series that's gone as long as this one has without new material. I mean let's face it, we're not talking about Eva here, popularity wise.

Plus, as has been said many a time, we're not finished yet. Until the last novel is at least announced, there's no way we're going to see anything new.
Old 2009-11-19, 20:59   Link #1526
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Possible, if they really turn out a class act.

The problem I see is that in order to include the remaining material at all, we'd need a full 26 episode season. That's huge financial risk for a series that's gone as long as this one has without new material. I mean let's face it, we're not talking about Eva here, popularity wise.

Plus, as has been said many a time, we're not finished yet. Until the last novel is at least announced, there's no way we're going to see anything new.
check the novels news and discussion thread. looks like a new series/last novel will be out 2010.
Old 2010-01-01, 05:43   Link #1527
Subzero00

Is there any new news on Fmp
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 06:16   Link #1528
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
Is there any new news on Fmp
About FMP! no but a second season for K-ON! has been announced and we already know that Kyoto Animation is working on the movie of Haruhi.

If KyoAni is really working on a FMP new season that would probably be for the second part of 2010.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 19:32   Link #1529
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
About FMP! no but a second season for K-ON! has been announced and we already know that Kyoto Animation is working on the movie of Haruhi.

If KyoAni is really working on a FMP new season that would probably be for the second part of 2010.
if they are working on fmp when will we find out
Old 2010-01-05, 21:38   Link #1530
Luthon

according to the article on Animenewsnetwork he is writing the final novel so there may be some hope of an anime adaptation of the rest soon. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-being-written
Luthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 12:37   Link #1531
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Is there already material to base a new series on? TSR was so short compared to the first season so it felt like there was stuff they didn't cover.
Old 2010-01-19, 19:14   Link #1532
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Is there already material to base a new series on? TSR was so short compared to the first season so it felt like there was stuff they didn't cover.
I disagree. TSR was very well done imo. The first season had a couple fumoffu type episodes. TSR was more straight to the story, and I felt it was a good length.
darkdarkdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 20:53   Link #1533
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
I disagree. TSR was very well done imo. The first season had a couple fumoffu type episodes. TSR was more straight to the story, and I felt it was a good length.
I never said it was bad. It definitely had less fluff but I wished it was longer.
Old 2010-01-23, 20:48   Link #1534
Tabasco

In fairness, if they'd spun it out too much longer they would run out of good places to stop
Old 2010-01-26, 02:56   Link #1535
Angelic
Feel the Beat

Let's be honest here.
We all wish anything even remotely related to FMP was longer

Does anybody else cringe when you say "blah blah Full metal panic!" and they're like

"yeah I love that alchemist show"..

GRRRRRRR
Angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 08:05   Link #1536
Kovikow

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicxx View Post
Let's be honest here.
We all wish anything even remotely related to FMP was longer

Does anybody else cringe when you say "blah blah Full metal panic!" and they're like

"yeah I love that alchemist show"..

GRRRRRRR

Oh, so familiar. Exactly. when i talk about FMP with anime people they are all like: "well i only know FMA, I dont really know FMP.. Wait, theres a girl and a boy i think..." And i'm not surprised: "(oh man) yeah yeah, I know most people like FMA. You too, right? And you love it, right? Theres two blonde guys and a robot, thats all i know."

So its perfect.
Kovikow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 02:17   Link #1537
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
there's already at least ~4ish novels worth of material that can be animated. TSR is short b/c it only covers 1 novel/arc (iirc), and they nicely fit it into 12 episodes. so it'll feel disjointed leaving it as it is b/c the original intention was for something to follow after it but nothing as of yet for 4 years or so?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 07:07   Link #1538
Subzero00

whats the chances of there being a new full metal panic
Old 2010-01-30, 16:36   Link #1539
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
there's already at least ~4ish novels worth of material that can be animated. TSR is short b/c it only covers 1 novel/arc (iirc), and they nicely fit it into 12 episodes. so it'll feel disjointed leaving it as it is b/c the original intention was for something to follow after it but nothing as of yet for 4 years or so?
Actually, there are five novels ready to be animated; Odoru Very Merry Christmas, Tsuduku On My Own, Moeru One Man Force, Tsudou Make My Day and Semaru Nick of Time. And of course the "soon" to be released final novel as well. As soon as the final novel is released we will have reached the point where less than half of the source material has been adapted into anime.

On a side note, TSR covers two novels, Owaru Day by Day (Upper Volume) and Owaru Day by Day (Lower Volume) and episodes 5-13 got the job done. The first four episodes of TSR were anime original, stuff that Gatoh wanted to add to the anime storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
whats the chances of there being a new full metal panic
Not that I'm going to stop hoping for a new season but I'll have to say that it's not looking very good given the current state of the industry. A new FMP! season would probably cost more to produce than most of their other shows and it would definitely earn them less money. It's simply not a very good investment.

However, KyoAni seem to be pretty devoted to the shows they've chosen to do in the past and there are supposedly quite a few FMP! fans over at their office. Besides, Gatoh is rather close with them and he is wrapping up the main plot storyline with this final novel after all. What we're all hoping for is that the reason why they haven't released anything since TSR is that they're waiting for the source material to be concluded. Sure, Odoru Very Merry Christmas could very well be animated as a short OVA (3-4 episodes) or perhaps even a movie but as soon as we reach Tsuduku On My Own they pretty much have to see it through to the end. There's no natural arc with which they'd be able to end a season without putting themselves in a situation where they would have to pick it up soon thereafter in order to take it all the way past the finish line. I'm not saying all the novels end with cliffhangers from that point, but there are no natural stopping points either.

Like I said, we're all (more or less at least) hoping that this is how it is, that this is why they haven't touched FMP! since 2006. I'd have to say though that if the final novel is released and another year or so goes by without an announcement for a new season we'll probably have to consider the anime project officially dead. Let's hope it doesn't get to that though.

Edit: Note that I'm not especially pessimistic, I'm actually quite optimistic given the circumstances. I'm one of those who cling to the hope that the "they're just waiting for the final novel to be written" theory will turn out to be true. ^^

Last edited by Meatrose; 2010-01-30 at 16:57.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 05:11   Link #1540
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
What if the final novel is already done in most parts and gatoh is just waiting for KyoAni to catch up with the animation to have the final Season and Novel (and Sigma Manga Volume) released at the same time?
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!