Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

Why did zero had to die .

the ending was good too. Sad but good.
Old 2008-09-29, 00:02   Link #2082
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
In my opinion, Suzaku has some pretty good development. The characters that would be C.C., Kallen, and some other. Geass should have been explained through every user or the prior affects, not on the result.
I'm far more interested in what Lelouch said "this is a punishment for you as well".

All his life Suzaku has been a sword, he has never been a wielder, a thinker, he has to live as Zero now, that is what I want to see. Yeah and of course Kallen and Nunally, but still, the whole world changed because two people made it possible, one is still alive, and I want to hear what he's got to say.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:02   Link #2083
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
That's a little bloody harsh don't you think? People are allowed to speculate as to whether a character is alive or not, it doesn't make them fools. Besides as far as this series is concerned being shot in the back (Cornelia) or your mecha being consumed by a bomb (Guilford) doesn't necessarily mean they are dead so I don't see why Lelouch couldn't simply have lived through a sword wound-or somehow have become immortal.
Too many plot device for the characters surviving, nullify message.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:03   Link #2084
Lostdreams

Lelouch's death make Lelouch and Code Geass more epic. Lelouch's death makes Lelouch heroic like in batman.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:07   Link #2085
kamikazex

watching it a second time made me feel sadder than the first time around...but it was very good nevertheless
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:08   Link #2086
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
Lelouch's death make Lelouch and Code Geass more epic. Lelouch's death makes Lelouch heroic like in batman.
I did forget the entire point of Zero Requiem. It was to make the world better, not make his death seem heroic. Lelouch's purpose uses his mask for that very purpose, or everything would resume being what it was once before.
Old 2008-09-29, 00:08   Link #2087
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

I feel sorry for Nunnally. All she wanted was to live with her brother.

Least she seemed happy in the epilogue.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:09   Link #2088
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

No one can match Bat mans Epicness, Don't compare him to batman.
Old 2008-09-29, 00:10   Link #2089
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
I feel sorry for Nunnally. All she wanted was to live with her brother.

Least she seemed happy in the epilogue.
Why wouldn't she, she has a goal to live on for her brother. Isn't that something with holding onto.
Old 2008-09-29, 00:14   Link #2090
Hiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolyn View Post
To see the future according to peoples' wishes after lelouch's death. Before, all of her accumulation and experiences have been due to war, and she wanted to die to end that suffering, to stop experiencing those fights, and power and such.

Now that lelouch has died and zero killed him after the unification of the nations, she wants to live to see life without war, and has a bright future.
Well we were never told that this was the source of her suffering. That nun who gave her the Code lived in a different time. Of course, it may have been worse than now or not, but the Code bearers were presented more as as tired of life, rather than suffering from the world.

Of course, you can speculate that C.C. would have been happy in a better world, but I don't think there's much reference to this in the anime. When Lelouch discovered her true wish, it didn't seem to be tied to the circumstances of the world.
She had the Geass to be loved, but she could never know if someone loved her for her or because of the Geass.

And she once asked Lelouch to call out her name in a loving way.

Last edited by Hiku; 2008-09-29 at 00:26.
Hiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:14   Link #2091
ApostleOfGod
^.^

I've never enjoyed the ED like before. For some reason it appealed to me after watching Turn 25.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:16   Link #2092
Cinocard

As Lelouch said, she is already one who how to live for herself, one with capability of finding happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
I'm far more interested in what Lelouch said "this is a punishment for you as well".
That and his translation of Geass at the end as "a wish" are really interesting and thought-provoking. Also Kallen calling out "zero", who did she call? Lelouch, Suzaku, or the pure symbol of lie, zero?

After everything, ppl still wear on a mask and continue seeking for a better future, and it has been being achieved in Code geass, with the wishing power of Geass

I cries for OST It was excellent. But the Ed really fucked up all my emotion at the end
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:19   Link #2093
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hmm I don't know if anyone said this but did you guys see the Wikipedia page for Nunnally? It says she took his(Lelouch) hand(her Geass ability) and saw his mind.

False right?
Old 2008-09-29, 00:22   Link #2094
Hiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Hey, all part of the mystery... all part of wishing for some extra material coverage already!! And you know what theory I support these days concerning Lelouch right? If we've got something I think it fits in nicely with all the loose ends if I do say so myself
It is a mystery, and could also be seen as a contradiction to Lelouch dying.

Regarding the code, it's possible that it activates upon death, and the opposite may also be true.
But now that I think about it, C.C. received some sort of wound on her chest that she didn't have before she got the code... so I'm actually changing my mind about this. I'm leaning more towards that you have to die first now.

There's one thing someone said that I find very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
I totally agree.

That all also means that he's now one of Geass Givers thus he has to have a different name like C.C. and V.V. So I was thinking that he could have something like L.L. => R.R. in Japanese spelling and R.R. = R2. ^^
Code Geass: R Two.
Since C.C.'s name is C Two, and V.V. is V. Two, if Lelouch were to become a Code bearer he would change his name to R. Two.
And he might be the first one to have both a Code and the Geass, hence the title of the anime.

It could be just a coincidence of course.
The crane on the kart represents longevity in Japan. And an origami crane can grant a wish if it is made 1000 times. Of course this could mean that Lelouch gained eternal life through death and the legend he created. Or it could be that he recieved the Code and also fulfilled C.C.'s wish (which I have a hard time seeing being fulfilled with Lelouch gone unless explained better)
Old 2008-09-29, 00:23   Link #2095
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Hmm I don't know if anyone said this but did you guys see the Wikipedia page for Nunnally? It says she took his(Lelouch) hand(her Geass ability) and saw his mind.

False right?
Even though the whole notion of her having Geass is false, I still don't quite understand just how she got to see his memories.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:23   Link #2096
Yonsil

I think your all missing the point.
WHAT THE HELL WAS SEASON ONE ABOUT?
This is very irritating, I hate anime that actually talks "philosophy." I would watch Ergo Proxy for that, thank you.
Yonsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:24   Link #2097
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

It seems a darker version of my original speculations can true.

Now, when will that particular gumline be added.....
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:26   Link #2098
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post

probably won't be. If they decided to cut it, they decided to cut it for a reason (though I doubt it's one that has much to do with the line itself. the overall scene probably gave away the fact Lelouch was planning to kill himself too soon or something of that sort)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:27   Link #2099
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post

OVA/movie. :]
Old 2008-09-29, 00:29   Link #2100
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
I dont think Lelouch is dead.... remember the last scene where CC is on a caravan...
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote