1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 04:32   Link #381
DarkLordOfkichiku

Well, wheter Lelouch died or not...

"His life was gentle, and the elements
So mix'd in him that Nature might stand up
And say to all the world 'This was a man!'"

A quote I think fits him at his end than anything ^^;;.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:33   Link #382
Cal-Reflector

Was disappointed by the last episode, but not crushed, because expectations had been whittled down since R2 started going haywire.

CG was a tremendously ambitious show with a great cast of personalities and a superb story line. The show's makers however had too many ideas and didn't plan ahead for what they had time for, instead of following... say, several core plot lines and developing some characters well, they tried to run many plot lines (Mao now seems irrelevant) and include too many characters (Was anyone from the KOR besides Suzaku TRULY important to the story? Anya perhaps, but even Gino was... well...).

Perhaps extending the story to China was a bad idea as well: Xinke and Tenzi were very pleasant distractions, but still distractions. CG may have benefited more by using their minutes on the Britannia folks.

Overall, in my humble opinion, I think Season 1 is a 9/10: A Must See. Season 2 is 5/10. Medicore. The fantastic twists and tensions in season 1, the great action, the fans service, the romance, the absurd twists, art inconsistencies, contradictions, and rushed-ness all averages out to 7/10: Worth watching.

Alright, have a good one guys. I'll see you in the XAM'D thread.
Old 2008-09-28, 04:33   Link #383
pingva

I have noticed on Anya's head Arthur in the wedding picture. LOL
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:33   Link #384
chryss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
You can't freaking tell anything by that picture. But just the fact that theres a driver means something.

You know what. THERE ARE 2 HORSES NOT 1. Lol.

That means Lelouch and C.C. 2 people?!

Yeah that's just retarded lol.
Yes.
Did anyone notice the unusual clothing of the driver? There are more like from a Gentleman.
chryss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:33   Link #385
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I think it was Sayoko that got stabbed. ( we don't see her at the end)

Lulu escaped again!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:33   Link #386
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
to be honest, i like this ending than the Macross one...

This is EPIC ENDING~! at least, he got to plan his death which Raito is unable to do so...

and they have actually mentioned the whole theme out in the earlier episode... Everything is just a facade. Lulu has been living with a fake identity...

so i am not going to be surprised if he is still alive and the cart driver is actually him.

and ermmm, there is actually plenty of room to go for the movie... IMO
Yeah this ending>MF.

At least this ending is open-ended. Letting us aimlessly discussing these things lol. While Macross is just saying "That's it people!!! Nothing for you to discuss!!! So...chill while we make the movie."
Old 2008-09-28, 04:34   Link #387
-Nyu-
Yozora

It'd give this ending from all the impression, a 7/10, but will wait till the GG subs are out.

As for the story, that's all pretty much what I expected. I'm very sure though, that Lelouch is the cart driver in the end: Hat, hair covered and young face - that's SO obvious. So he ended up with C.C. Sunrise just tried to hide it Double 120% points it out very well.

I'm still missing some answers (that's why the 7/10) but when I'm honest I can't think of any better way to end the series. It's ok as it is. I'd have just wished, that they would've done the ending in a 4 episode OVA or such. The last episodes before the final felt just too rushed and ruined a good bit of R2. All in all I found season 1 more exciting though.

In the end I'm fine with this ending - not as with the Macross Frontier one which I couldn't stand.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:34   Link #388
Diedrupo

I liked the ending personally. I didn't really care if Lelouch died or not, and everyone else lived, so I didn't have to rage over any senseless deaths (when Nunnally was left aboard Damocles I almost thought she died, thankfully she reappeared later). My only real disappointment is that Nonette, Odysseus, Guinevere, and Carline didn't appear, and Kanon wasn't in the ending.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:34   Link #389
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takutosuki View Post
that is something that has been bugging me a lot!! >____<;;;;,!!!
Well technically he did orginally plan to screw euphie over before the meeting.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:34   Link #390
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryss View Post
Yes.
Did anyone notice the unusual clothing of the driver? There are more like from a Gentleman.
And he seems to wear a mask no?

His head is too well covered to be honest XD
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:34   Link #391
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
IMO Lelouch didn't die.

We all know you have to "die" for your Code to activate (Remember C.C. and the nun?). Charles transferred his code to Lelouch. Lelouch took Charles immortal "code" and C.C's contracted "geass." But to become immortal, Lelouch had to die. Suzaku "killed" Lelouch activating the "code" and making Lelouch become Immortal. He then spends the rest of his immortal life with C.C.

Thus, Lelouch becomes the first person to achieve Code Geass.

Spoiler for Lelouch's Ending:
Nope, Charles had the Code on his hands the whole time after he took the Code
Old 2008-09-28, 04:34   Link #392
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

Tamaki ended up as a bartender. Perfect end for him XD
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:34   Link #393
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch Vi Britannia View Post
C.C. smiling is the only good thing happened in this ep...
I have to agree with that... other things make go WTFF
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:35   Link #394
coba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takutosuki View Post
that is something that has been bugging me a lot!! >____<;;;;,!!!
Well I believe Suzaku already gets some idea that Euphie's death is accident. remember in ep 23, Suzaku said "Lelouch you..." after Lelouch said that he is going to do something horible to the extent that everyone will forget the massacre princess (plus the candle scene with Euphie name ).

I personally think Lelouch's survive the whole ordeal is suppose to be a better ending (the original idea where the one with Geass will be alone in the end), but I start to think that Lelouch is really dead considerign how Suzaku (and CC) cries when Lelouch is stabbed. Unless Lulu tricks his closest allies, if Suzaku knows beofrehand that Lulu stages his death, he won't cry.
coba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:35   Link #395
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
well that's the whole point of an open ending they want us to squirm and make theories all to ourselves.
yup, room for more theories...room for more money for them...
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:36   Link #396
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
I liked the ending personally. I didn't really care if Lelouch died or not, and everyone else lived, so I didn't have to rage over any senseless deaths (when Nunnally was left aboard Damocles I almost thought she died, thankfully she reappeared later). My only real disappointment is that Nonette, Odysseus, Guinevere, and Carline didn't appear, and Kanon wasn't in the ending.
Nonette was add-in char from game. Nothing more.

The 3 siblings were more like filler. Useless people and plus they got Freyed. And Kanon is happy maybe if he's with Schnizel.
Old 2008-09-28, 04:37   Link #397
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Was disappointed by the last episode, but not crushed, because expectations had been whittled down since R2 started going haywire.

CG was a tremendously ambitious show with a great cast of personalities and a superb story line. The show's makers however had too many ideas and didn't plan ahead for what they had time for, instead of following... say, several core plot lines and developing some characters well, they tried to run many plot lines (Mao now seems irrelevant) and include too many characters (Was anyone from the KOR besides Suzaku TRULY important to the story? Anya perhaps, but even Gino was... well...).

Perhaps extending the story to China was a bad idea as well: Xinke and Tenzi were very pleasant distractions, but still distractions. CG may have benefited more by using their minutes on the Britannia folks.

Overall, in my humble opinion, I think Season 1 is a 9/10: A Must See. Season 2 is 5/10. Medicore. The fantastic twists and tensions in season 1, the great action, the fans service, the romance, the absurd twists, art inconsistencies, contradictions, and rushed-ness all averages out to 7/10: Worth watching.

Alright, have a good one guys. I'll see you in the XAM'D thread.
Yes, I'd give a similar rating as you did.
Season 2 was ok for a while, until the Ragnarok Connection. Then Everything kinda went downhill.
This last episode epecially brought down the average. was around like 8/10 then bam, 5/10.

Your avatar expresses exactly how I am feeling right now.
Old 2008-09-28, 04:37   Link #398
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibee View Post
Tamaki ended up as a bartender. Perfect end for him XD
Well, at least it keep him from preaching crap to the children. Well, the series has ended. Hopefully Sunrise does not repeat this type of writing with the Gundam 00 series. Oh well, see some of you in a few days when Tales of the Abyss and Gundam 00 debuts.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:38   Link #399
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

When they want to show that a covered person could be someone special, there is a focus on his face covered; There the guy was just a random farmer imo

Kawamori and Taniguchi should work together. And go to say hello to Fuckuda.

The show should be epic

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:38   Link #400
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
When they want to show that a covered person could be someone special, there is a focus on his face covered; There the guy was just a random farmer imo
And imo it was lelouch

I rewatched the scene and I doesn't have any doubts
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote